Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 06:17 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,049,371 times

Advertisements

The judges this year are just awful- they are going to ruin this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2013, 06:35 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,329,325 times
I do not like Nikki, her fake accents, her histrionics, or the way she seems to be in charge. Does she ever hush? Also, who wants to watch two women bicker?? I choose not to be around that mess in live, so why would I tune in to watch it on television. Ugh!

Old 01-17-2013, 07:18 PM

18,517 posts, read 31,778,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I do not like Nikki, her fake accents, her histrionics, or the way she seems to be in charge. Does she ever hush? Also, who wants to watch two women bicker?? I choose not to be around that mess in live, so why would I tune in to watch it on television. Ugh!

if it wasnt for Nikki, no one would be talking. She is the only one with a personality.

mariah is as boring as plank of wood, I really thought she would have more personality, she doesn't.

Keith Urban, why is he even there?????????//

Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,587,018 times
The ratings are an unmitigated disaster; last night's premiere was down 19% from a year ago, and the show's final rating for last season were down 30% from the previous season, so viewers are definitely heading for the exits just as they did for DWTS (down 27%).

Nevertheless it finished second overall in the ratings last year after 8 consecutive years at #1; NBC's Sunday night football program was the #1 show on TV last year.

I feel sorry for Keith Urban; he must be extremely uncomfortable sitting next to those two egomaniacs, and especially the 100% irrelevant Nikki Minaj.

Old 01-17-2013, 08:13 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,316,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
The judges this year are just awful- they are going to ruin this show.
I could not agree more!! I am shocked at the behavior of both Nicki and Mariah. Such ugly behavior from Nicki tonight...and Mariah did her share answering back too. I am embarrassed that two such influential artist, would lower themselves to this degree on national television. ....What horrible examples for our young people....Its like you have to watch, as painful as it is in spite of this to be able to support the people that are trying so hard to be successful on this show. Hopefully the producers will do the right thing and get a coupe of replacements QUICKLY!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:15 PM

18,517 posts, read 31,778,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
The ratings are an unmitigated disaster; last night's premiere was down 19% from a year ago, and the show's final rating for last season were down 30% from the previous season, so viewers are definitely heading for the exits just as they did for DWTS (down 27%).

Nevertheless it finished second overall in the ratings last year after 8 consecutive years at #1; NBC's Sunday night football program was the #1 show on TV last year.

I feel sorry for Keith Urban; he must be extremely uncomfortable sitting next to those two egomaniacs, and especially the 100% irrelevant Nikki Minaj.

I dont.
Why is he even there?

I am not a Nikki fan, dont know her music, she is way too young to be doing this, not in the business long enough to be judging, but at least she speaks well, and has some sort of a personality.

Keith urban, who is he anyway--------------------ho-hum, yawn!!!

Old 01-17-2013, 08:16 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,316,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
I agree. I certainly expected more from her than this ugly immature behavior. I've seen her on Ellen, with those two little girls that became famous after singing her songs on utube...I never saw this side of her at all. jannd

Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,657,948 times
There was some good talent on tonight. I have two I picked out that I will be voting for and both was in second hour.

Old 01-17-2013, 09:41 PM

5,354 posts, read 8,587,526 times
I do not like the combo of Mariah and Nikki. I don't think their personalities mesh very well. I think if either one was cut from the judges table, the whole dynamic would work. I think Nikki was being very rude to Mariah and I think its because she is jealous. It made her look super tacky in my opinion, and I actually think she is an interesting artist, so I was surprised to feel that way.

I will only be able to watch this season because I have a DVR.

Old 01-17-2013, 11:04 PM
HDL

3,217 posts, read 6,801,430 times
Talking Let me guess Sunnykayak....

Johnny Keyser and Kez Ban ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
There was some good talent on tonight. I have two I picked out that I will be voting for and both was in second hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV