Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,732,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZPam View Post
I just wish the shows lasted a bit longer! I am never ready for them to end each week and wish they had gone just a bit farther. Although it takes forever for us to watch the show as my hubby is always asking questions

The scene with Davos and the little princess in the dungeon was an add on, right? I don't remember reading any of that, but I guess they do have to explain that relationship a bit somehow.

Yes, I am a true Jamie fan. I do think the Queen is the wicked one and love how Jamie evolves thru the books. Love what happens to Cercei too!
Lets tell HBO that Season 4 will have 2 hour episodes or they will face
"Severe verbal thrashings" from fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2013, 05:48 PM

7,384 posts, read 5,499,296 times
The little princess is Shireen and in the book she has a companion named Patchface and he's the ones who sings.
Jamie has done some terrible things, I'm on the fence whether I want to like him or not. I like the scenes with Brienne, it's so much like the book.
I am re-reading book 3. It's been 2 years so I needed a little reminder of what's going on with some of the characters .

Old 04-29-2013, 07:33 PM

1,490 posts, read 4,762,603 times
Sorry to keep asking questions, but I've only made it through the first book and I've watched all the seasons so far and each new episode brings up new questions...

Jamie and Bri are taken to Lord Bolton...who is Lord Bolton?! I've heard the name before but cannot remember what house he belongs to.

Old 04-30-2013, 03:03 AM

45,554 posts, read 60,795,283 times
House Bolton. He is pledged to the Starks. His family history is that they enjoy flaying their prisoners. In the books he is also called the Leech Lord because he gets leeched regularly.

His bastard son Ramsay, who he legitimized, is Theon's captor.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:11 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,101,222 times
I stopped reading to a great extent, because I get too involved when I do read and my eyes are not what they used to be. I like Game of Thrones, so much though, that I might pick up the series.

Are the books labeled by number or title as far as the sequence is concerned? Is there a set that can be purchased that has them all?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:22 AM

Location: Lakewood NJ/Murrells Inlet SC/ N. Naples FL/Swainton NJ
4,031 posts, read 6,556,472 times
The first book (A Game of Thrones in hard cover) was a gift to me. I purchased one other as a Kindle book. The others I borrowed from one of my local libraries. I think you will find them all available at your public library........

Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,685,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
About 2/3 of it was right out of the book! Very powerful episode. Aren't some of you beginning to change your mind about Jaime Lannister?

Tmozer, you asked earlier how many episodes there will be this season, didn't you? 10, as far as I know.

Jaime should have a Wizard graft a sword to his right hand stump......

Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,695,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk J View Post
Jaime should have a Wizard graft a sword to his right hand stump......

Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 AM

4 posts, read 9,709 times
I am a late bloomer for GOT. I just began watching a few weeks ago, but I am up to date as of now. I haven't even heard of the books, until I started watching.

So far, season 3 is moving along very nicely in my perspective. It was very interesting to hear Jamie's confession story of how he killed the king. I have to admit, I am thoroughly enjoying his (jamie) character development and do see a newly developed Jamie from here on out. I still will always look back to what he did to bran of course, but obviously as with life, people change eventually, in most cases. I am just hoping Jamie is one of them now because they have moved his development so brilliantly!

So, what will unfold for Arya now? hmm. That was indeed a surprising ordeal with that whole cave scene!

Now however, I'd like to return back to see, what exactly is going on with Bran and the whole wolf scenario with the boy and girl.

I wasn't surprised by the least bit, that Jon and that girl would eventually get together haha. I am still not so confident about her motives presently though, we'll see.

Count me in as another vote for longer episodes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV