Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2013, 04:51 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,810,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
I'm sort of rooting for Andy Dick and Jacoby now for top two. I know this may not happen, but I like them both. Don't care for the rest too much, and I don't want to sound mean but that Zendaya girl always seem to just expect to be safe all the time, I can't til the day they announce her in Jeopardy and go home. It would shock her!! I just don't think it's fair that she win with her dancing background in hip hop and they've incorporated all of these contemporary, jazzy dances in this season that it is easy for someone with contemporary (hip hop) dancing background to have mastered many of these skills already. Just my opinion....send her home. Make it fair to the true competitors.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I wasn't expecting Andy to be the teddy bear he is at all. But, what really got me was his dance for his daughter. The way he related that she was always dancing for him when she was little, and now it's his turn to dance for her really made me get a lump in my throat. And his daughter is so pretty! What a sweetheart! His love for her really got to me.
That dance got to me so much. Its amazing how much a child can impact them.

I have really enjoyed watching Andy Dick on DWTS. I agree about Zendaya. Something about her irks me. Having Stevie Wonder on the show last night was very nice. Out of the group dances, I liked Kellie's group the best. They had fun with it and did wonderful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,413,596 times
I had to laugh last night when (during rehersals) Mark was instructing Aly to make his bizarre facial expressions and be goofy with their dance. They got out there, and - sure enough - there was Aly doing Mark faces.

They are going to have to create some sympathy for Zendaya. She's just too good and Val is getting arrogant about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she came in low on the viewer votes tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:32 PM

884 posts, read 1,063,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
I feel like DWTS is supposed to be a show where "stars" choose, for whatever reason, to try and master a skill (ballroom dancing) that they didn't previously know. Some stars like Chelsea Kane and Kyle Massey, for example, are Disney plants, but others really try very hard to learn. I think some stars have not realized the work or effort involved and want to quit rather than try, but some stars really have been amazing to watch as they put their all into learning to dance. Ralph Maccio (sp?) is one that truly impressed me. There have been many more like him who are dedicated to learning, and those are the ones I believe deserve to advance and possibly win. Unfortunately, it's also a popularity contest, and some who should have advanced, didn't, because their fan base wasn't as strong as some others who weren't as dedicated.

Zendaya is a beautiful girl, and a wonderfully agile dancer, but, to me she's a ringer as she's had a lot of dance experience as opposed to an Andy Dick or a Sean Lowe. The Kellie Picklers, Ty Murray's, and others who really try hard are the ones that impress me the most.

My favorites this year? Kellie, Jacoby, and Ally. I would love to see Andy or Victor suddenly get it and shine, but I don't think they will. Zendaya's attitude is starting to get to me, and as a ringer, I'd really like to see her go home, but I doubt that will happen.
Right on point!!! Agreed! Zendaya is beautiful.....I have nothing against her....just don't think it's fair how experienced in the realm of dancing she is. (although her light air of arrogance could tone down a bit....because she always seems to act like she is the best and better than everyone else there). It is my understanding that her hip hop dancing experience in the past was pretty vast. She may not have worn heels before....but that's not needed to know rhythm, dance moves, tricks, and tips that are universal across any dance genre.

I'm also hoping that Victor or Ally goes home tonight. Ally just seems so boring to me....nothing spectacular and I barely remember who she is half the time. She brings no excitement to the show at all. Victor had a beautiful song last night to dance to and to me, there was no a lot of excitement or "BANG" to his dancing at all.

Sean tried very hard....but seems to dance like a robot, very stiff and just going throught the motions at times. The only thing that got him high votes last night was not having his shirt on during his Samba. And boy did that purple outfit really make him stand out like a piece of eye candy. However, he does need to start putting more emotion and "bang" into his dances.....less robot-like.

Ingo is alright....nothing spectacular just like Ally.

So my bottom three choices for tonight.......Ally, Victor, and Zendaya (Sorry guys.....just want to see her in the bottom three in jeopardy for once)

Old 04-23-2013, 01:30 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,502,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth_cali View Post
So my bottom three choices for tonight.......Ally, Victor, and Zendaya

I agree with pretty much everything you posted. I'd really like to see Zendaya go home but I dont think that will happen. I do hope, however, that if the final two are Zendaya and Kellie, Kellie will win.

I go back and forth about Jacoby. Sometimes he dances wonderfully and I'm rooting for him despite his social awkwardness. But, other times (like last night), his dancing doesnt make up for his attitude and I wouldnt be sad to see him go home.

I think Zendaya has a bright future in the world of entertainment. Sher's attractive, multi-talented, mature and apparently has a good head on her shoulders. But she's a ringer on DWTS -- and, since Disney owns ABC, I'm very put-off by what appears to be an attempted setup for her to win.

I like Kellie and always have, ever since her American Idol days. She's so refreshingly honest and doesnt put on airs of any kind. I've been a little put-off by the fact that she was such a good dancer right out of the gate -- but, out of all the stars, she's my favorite to win.

Of course, if the waters parted and Andy ended up in the final three, he'd be my choice to take the mirrorball trophy.

Old 04-23-2013, 02:33 PM

5,121 posts, read 16,623,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
sorry, Zenwhatever is too gangly....her arms gotta be longer then mine and tonight they were just windmilling around.....she may win cause DISNEY wants her to ......
She sometimes looks awkward with her movements because she is so long limbed.

The Walt Disney Company owns ABC so maybe we'll see more Disney stars on DWTS.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:22 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,222,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I had to laugh when Len told Carrie Ann she was being too picky!

I have noticed Len is in such a good mood this season.....marriage must agree with him!
Marriage & the fact the England version hasn't started yet. Flying back & forth weekly would make me grumpy with the time change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanchoNan View Post

They are going to have to create some sympathy for Zendaya. She's just too good and Val is getting arrogant about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she came in low on the viewer votes tomorrow.
Not going to happen remember fans voted her prom queen?

Old 04-23-2013, 05:14 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,244,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastyork View Post

I say Pickler for the win, she's a real pixy
Good dancer too.
LOL, good call! Pickler is like a happy, perky, pixy. She'd be good cast as Peter Pan in a Broadway Musical. I want her to win.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,222,779 times
Whoever said Jacoby's attitude stinks and is taking away from his dancing abilities we agree 100%. Almost to the point with me I don't even care if I watch him dance anymore.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM

14,336 posts, read 14,666,293 times
I didn't get to watch the whole show last night so I'm trying to catch up. I don't want Zendaya to go home, I'm the only one that likes her, I guess. She is 16, not much life experience, and I don't buy all the "dance experience" either. She has very long limbs, which makes her appear awkward at times but I credit her for doing something totally out of character.

I get very tired of Derek and his clowning, trying to steal the spotlight, grow up Derek. I like Kellie and I feel like they are setting up a Zendaya/Kellie finale, and not sure who the 3rd person will be.

Jacoby Jones and all the facial expressions, faces he makes bug me, too. I guess because I've watched all seasons, I'm getting tired of certain things. It is almost like they tell them to exaggerate certain personality traits. Show seems more phony the last 3 or 4 seasons.

I'm unhappy tonight, I definitely wanted someone else to go home, bummer.

Last edited by susancruzs; 04-23-2013 at 08:01 PM.. Reason: Addition

Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,502,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Whoever said Jacoby's attitude stinks and is taking away from his dancing abilities we agree 100%. Almost to the point with me I don't even care if I watch him dance anymore.

That was me -- and he was even worse tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV