Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2020, 07:47 AM

96 posts, read 65,180 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
If I hear Angela talking one more time about how she can't "tote" a baby for Michael, I'm going to scream.

I keep picturing her with one of those reusable grocery sacks with a baby inside.

It's a baby, not a stack of books. You "carry" a baby. You don't "tote" it.

HAHAHA! I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 09:03 AM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
Quote:
If I hear Angela talking one more time about how she can't "tote" a baby for Michael, I'm going to scream.

I keep picturing her with one of those reusable grocery sacks with a baby inside.

Technically, "tote" means to carry so she isn't wrong but I hear you. It was funny when she said it the first time "I can tote it, I just need your egg" but it's overdone now.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:34 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,507,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Technically, "tote" means to carry so she isn't wrong but I hear you. It was funny when she said it the first time "I can tote it, I just need your egg" but it's overdone now.
I know what tote means, but connotatively, it's not a word used when speaking of babies. Other synonyms that are inappropriate: lug and schlep. It makes me question her motivation for wanting to get pregnant. I can't help but wonder if she actually wants a child, or just wants to be able to give Michael a child. I'm kind of thankful that the chances of her getting pregnant are extremely slim.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:44 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
I know what tote means, but connotatively, it's not a word used when speaking of babies. Other synonyms that are inappropriate: lug and schlep. It makes me question her motivation for wanting to get pregnant. I can't help but wonder if she actually wants a child, or just wants to be able to give Michael a child. I'm kind of thankful that the chances of her getting pregnant are extremely slim.
She's looking for an escape from her life. She has had to take care of an ailing mother, six grandkids, a daughter lives with her whom she butts heads with, full-time job, and looking at her physique and quick temper, she is under stress and not taking care of her health. Michael is an escape and someone to help with the grandkids and she is dangling the carrot of a child and life in America to bring him here for that.

Old 06-30-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
She's looking for an escape from her life. She has had to take care of an ailing mother, six grandkids, a daughter lives with her whom she butts heads with, full-time job, and looking at her physique and quick temper, she is under stress and not taking care of her health. Michael is an escape and someone to help with the grandkids and she is dangling the carrot of a child and life in America to bring him here for that.
Yep. She has no business having a child.

Old 06-30-2020, 10:45 AM

96 posts, read 65,180 times
Quote:

good perspective on her situation...

Old 06-30-2020, 01:06 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times
Quote:

Agree; it drives me nuts too! I guess she's trying to sound hip

Quote:
She has 6 grand kids. WTF does she need another child for except to give Michael a male child. Since they're going donor, they should be able to pick the gender too because for Michael it's all about carrying on his name

Quote:
Don't forget her daughter that's in prison for molesting a child

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevogal View Post
Larissa last night- I can't imagine why Matt wasn't interested in her- 3 arrests against her ex / left her kids in Brazil/ what she wants in a man-"Citizenship"

what a catch she would be!!
I went to sleep early last night but I did wake up when she was on the date. He was telling her his ethnicity; I'm going to have to turn the TV up when I do see it again because I rewound it a few times, couldn't make out what he said before he said Persian.

'90 Day Fiancé': Larissa Dos Santos Lima Tells a Blind Date All About Her 3 Arrests
Quote:
Meanwhile, Larissa headed out on a blind date with a new man after her breakup from her latest boyfriend, Eric Nichols. But things soured on the date when Larissa got real about her past.

Her friend Hannah set her up with a guy she thought might be a good fit. And the 90 Day Fiancé star hoped he had plenty of good looks…and money.

“Hannah thinks this guy is established,” she said of her blind date, Matt. “So I’m very excited to go to a date with a man that’s not cheap.”

At first blush, Matthew and Larissa were attracted to each other. They sat down for caviar and wine at a high-end restaurant and gushed about each other’s looks. “I like Matthew’s style,” Larissa raved to 90 Day Fiancé producers. “He’s handsome, sexy, and he’s very sweet. Completely different than my exes.”

Matthew shared Larissa’s initial attraction. “Larissa is absolutely beautiful,” he told TLC producers. “She’s very well put-together. And the best thing that could happen tonight is that we have incredible chemistry and from here on out, we’re together forever.”

As for Matt’s being “established,” Larissa seemed excited on that front, too. “Matt sounds successful,” she said. “He’s more elegant than I. I feel like he could teach me how to be a lady.”

“But the fact that she’s been arrested three times was quite shocking to me. I’m not one to judge, but it’s not my preference.”

“What other values do you look for in a man?” Matt wanted to know.

Larissa quipped immediately, “Citizenship!”

“Larissa has a lot of the characteristics that I’m looking for in a woman,” Matt said. “However, I’m not really sure if she’s looking for love, like, true, intimate, passionate, realistic, authentic love, or if she’s just looking for a green card.”

'90 Day Fiance: The Other Way': Sumit and Jenny's Relationship Goes Back Longer Than You Think

Quote:
Jenny also noted that they’re going strong because they’ve been in a relationship for nearly a decade.

“We’re just not done with each other,” Jenny added. “We’re in this relationship, going on 9 years. We’ve invested a lot into this relationship, and we love each other — if people don’t like it then that’s the way it is.”

90 Day Fiancé stars Darcey and Stacey Silva confirm spin-off series about family life and love

Quote:
Darcey & Stacey will make its debut on Aug. 16 on TLC, giving viewers a closer look at the sisters' lives and loves. And while fans won't be surprised to see Darcey's daughters Aniko, 15, and Aspen, 14, on the series, her parents Mike and Nancy — who have been divorced for years but remain good friends — are making their official reality television debut.

Another family member that fans will get to know more about is Stacey's fiancé Florian who is from Albania and will be residing in Connecticut awaiting their nuptials within 90 days of his arrival. All of this amid rumors that he has been unfaithful to Stacey, after photos of Florian and another woman leaked online.

And for those who love following Darcey for her love connections, EW can confirm she'll be meeting some eligible bachelors during the show's debut season.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:44 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,269 times
Quote:
Maybe it's common where she is from or within her family.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:50 AM

16,072 posts, read 21,148,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
Maybe it's common where she is from or within her family.
Yep, fairly common use in rural/small town south. Lot's of people 'tote' their groceries in from the car, etc.

Old 07-01-2020, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yep, fairly common use in rural/small town south. Lot's of people 'tote' their groceries in from the car, etc.
Groceries, yes. But I would hope that they speak of their babies a little differently than their groceries. I've lived in small town south, and never came across anyone who spoke of their potential child like a sack of potatoes. IMO, it speaks to her opinion of this potential child. She really has no interest in the actual idea of a child. Just in giving Michael what he wants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV