Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2009, 01:01 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,468,572 times

Advertisements

I haven't ever watched this show, but the snippets I've seen on The Soup are enough for me to know I don't want to. It seems that Kate is always berating and belittling Jon and he can't even speak without her cutting him off and correcting his grammar. I'm not saying he was right for cheating, I'm just saying I understand. Going home to that all the time is enough to make any other woman seem kind, caring and compassionate. I think if there's blame to be cast, most of it has to rest with Kate; she is the one who is running over everyone in her family to get the fame she is seeking. What did she think was going to happen if she belittled and berated her husband on national TV all the time?

Old 06-10-2009, 02:27 PM

1,887 posts, read 7,947,908 times
Default Wow...I called it a year ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettygyrl777 View Post
They should save up for marriage/family counseling.
Maybe its the counselor in me but I knew they were headed down that path.

Old 06-10-2009, 09:25 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,137,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
you are kidding- right???
You think Jon cheated but Kate isn't? I have a bridge to sell you in the middle of the Sahara.
So........Kate has enough $$$$ to buy a boyfriend? Isn't that illegal in some states? Is that what she must do, in order to have a man?
BTW.......that boyfriend, er I mean bodyguard of hers, is buff,and fine!!!
there are many men out there being bought--jon is one of them---he isn't still there cause of luuuvvvv--or the kids--he's there for the 75k per episode----of course not---men will flock to her,,she's smart,attractive and rich

buff is a matter of personal taste---buff and fine to me would be schwarzenegger in his conan years

Old 06-11-2009, 04:20 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,958,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by returningtonepa??? View Post
there are many men out there being bought--jon is one of them---he isn't still there cause of luuuvvvv--or the kids--he's there for the 75k per episode

You can't say he is not around because of his kids. It's obvious that he loves his children, just as much as Kate does. He is very unhappy with how Kate treats him, and with his severe lack of privacy. He should have put his foot down to her when she kept insisting that they do more seasons. Now BOTH of them are justifyably being accused all over God's green earth of not putting the children and their best interests at heart. Money can only buy material things. A lot of people get through life fine and stable being in the middle class bracket. Now these kids are growing up thinking they are priviledged, because Kate gets places shut down for them alone, they get all kinds of freebies, and people have an unhealthy obsession with them. Nobody can convince me that this is all healthy for the children.

They have taken it way to far, especially Kate with rarely being home, and putting her children at risk by having them on television. Do I think Jon enjoys the perks of the money ? Absolutely. He wouldn't be going on his solo trips and doing whatever else he does if he didn't.

Old 06-11-2009, 05:09 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,137,487 times
where is it obvious?most of the clips in the series shows him complaining about them crying,being too slow,so on----if you love your kids you DO NOT bring your adulterous girlfriend to their house,avoid going on vacation with ALL of them,avoid helping with their party,be seen in local bars with your girlfriend(remember some of those kids can read)-----so again---WHERE IS THAT LOVE????

Old 06-11-2009, 05:44 AM

3,964 posts, read 10,645,614 times
Quote:
where is it obvious?most of the clips in the series shows him complaining about them crying,being too slow,so on----if you love your kids you DO NOT bring your adulterous girlfriend to their house,avoid going on vacation with ALL of them,avoid helping with their party,be seen in local bars with your girlfriend(remember some of those kids can read)-----so again---WHERE IS THAT LOVE????
So, only perfect parents love their kids? According to your logic, if you make a mistake, (I admit, J&K have both made them), then you don't really love your kids.

Are you serious?

Old 06-11-2009, 08:14 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,291,922 times
Quote:

Maybe Kate told him not to be there. She made it real plain she didn't want him at the kids bday party. I don't excuse his behaviour if he did indeed cheat on her. I also don't excuse her last 4 yrs of bad behaviour, no matter what you say I still say she treats him like crap and if I were him I would be fed up to.

The reason they are still together is that THEY both like all the money this show brings. They both get to do things that most parents of a large family would never get to do.

Old 06-11-2009, 08:44 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,341,685 times
Parents who are struggling often do things separately with the kids rather than put the kids through one of those, "Ok, let's all pretend to have fun while mom and dad seethe at each other" experiences. Good choice on both of their parts.

Jon's not very different from most dads. parents get frustrated with whiney, slow kids sometimes. Now multiply it by 8...yikes.

The alleged girlfriend visiting notwithstanding....he pretty much does dad stuff....take the kids to dunkin donuts when they get away from the organic household, make play-doh snot, DON'T freak out over melted ice cream in the heat of florida, put the wrong barrettes in blah blah blah.

Good Lord, my kids' dad couldn't get them dressed decently and there were only two kids. It's part of the deal.

Old 06-11-2009, 09:57 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,468,572 times
Didn't he quit his job to take care of the kids? If Kate is off traveling all over the world, and he's doing his own thing all the time, who is taking care of the kids? I don't know, I think it became all about Kate because that's what she wanted. If it were about the kids, more focus would be on the kids. I read that the state of Pennsylvania is investigating to see if the kids are working without the appropriate permits and funds (some of the money has to be set aside in a trust in their names) set up. So the show may go off the air soon.

Old 06-11-2009, 10:50 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,291,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunky View Post
Parents who are struggling often do things separately with the kids rather than put the kids through one of those, "Ok, let's all pretend to have fun while mom and dad seethe at each other" experiences. Good choice on both of their parts.

Jon's not very different from most dads. parents get frustrated with whiney, slow kids sometimes. Now multiply it by 8...yikes.

The alleged girlfriend visiting notwithstanding....he pretty much does dad stuff....take the kids to dunkin donuts when they get away from the organic household, make play-doh snot, DON'T freak out over melted ice cream in the heat of florida, put the wrong barrettes in blah blah blah.

Good Lord, my kids' dad couldn't get them dressed decently and there were only two kids. It's part of the deal.

He is definately more relaxed than Kate and does seem to have fun with the kids. The melted ice cream in Florida was stupid on Kate's part, her life would be so much easier if she would learn to relax and go with the flow. I fully understand how important schedules are with that many kids but geez you gotta chill sometimes.

I hear you about Dad's my hubby is the same way. I have to give him credit for trying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.