Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2017, 11:42 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,225,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Ugh Barbara is disgusting. Poor Keo looked so uncomfortable . Her behavior was so rude and just so ridiculous. Did anyone notice after the first dance on night on, during the judges comments she had her hand on his thigh so close to his crotch. I'm glad she went. She was sexually harassing Keo and it was disgusting to watch.
Barbra was the reason I turned in to watch this season. I respect her from Shark Tank. I was so glad she went home. That is certainly not the way she portrays herself on SharkTank.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2017, 02:08 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,231,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seashelly View Post
OK, maybe it's just me seeing this but Jordan Fisher really resembles Mark Ballas in facial appearance.

Loved the Butterfly Dress and Dance. Love watching Mark's creativity. Happy to see him back.
Jordan Fisher, is he the "Hamilton" kid? I was thinking he resembled that twerp, Frankie Grande from Big Brother. (puke)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I think Barbara was judged rather harshly by some of you . I hope she does not take this stuff to heart from the show . we must remember that none of these people are professional dancers and it shows too . I wont watch anyone else now I was just wondering how Barbara was going to do .
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I dont recalll anyone's posting about Barbara's dancing -- just how lecherous she was. She deserved every bit of criticism, and more, for her behavior.

She's been in civil society long enough, to know how to act. I wondered if she'd been drinking to overcome her nervousess and was inebriated both nights. But that would still be no excuse. If she didnt have enough common sense to act decently, Keo should have told her to stop the dirty-old-woman act right off the bat and explained to her that it would not be well-received by the viewers.
Kudos, TFW. When I asked if she was on drugs, that was my second choice because I thought she was drunk. Then figured she wouldn't have been able to dance. I don't think any of our critism has been too harsh for her actions and words. None were towards her dancing.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:13 PM

8,703 posts, read 11,105,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I dont recalll anyone's posting about Barbara's dancing -- just how lecherous she was. She deserved every bit of criticism, and more, for her behavior.

She's been in civil society long enough, to know how to act. I wondered if she'd been drinking to overcome her nervousess and was inebriated both nights. But that would still be no excuse. If she didnt have enough common sense to act decently, Keo should have told her to stop the dirty-old-woman act right off the bat and explained to her that it would not be well-received by the viewers.
+1

Keo even said he was blushing from her comments. He was a gentleman not to go off on her. These dancers are professional dancer/teachers not the celeb's personal manwhore/womenwhore

Old 09-26-2017, 02:38 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,967,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Yes, I thought Drew Scott looked a little goofy, not sure if that's the right word to describe him.
He's so tall and with his long legs, he seemed kind of awkward when he danced.

He'd probably be really good at square dancing...
How does being "goofy" and "awkward" indicate one would be good at square dancing? Squares, particularly Modern Western, is one of the hardest dance styles to master, due to the vast range and complexity of moves/calls there are, and you have to be able to perform the moves with no walk-through/pre-dance instruction. MWS clubs limit participation in their dance events to dancers who have taken a certain number of classes and passed certain levels, because each level has specified calls you have to learn. The 4 Challenge levels require knowledge of 250-700 calls. Mainstream, the lowest level, requires 69 calls.

Squares, and contras (a similar style) for that matter, isn't a bunch of country bumpkins stumbling around to bad country music. Those styles take skill to execute well.

Old 09-26-2017, 04:12 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,741,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Barbra was the reason I turned in to watch this season. I respect her from Shark Tank. I was so glad she went home. That is certainly not the way she portrays herself on SharkTank.
We must watch a different Shark Tank. Barbara flirts like crazy and isnt above getting up there and fondling the guys when the opportunity presents itself.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:08 PM

1,215 posts, read 1,811,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
I thought this week's show really emphasized how the scores rise towards the end of the program.
Exactly. Lindsey and Mark deserved higher scores.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:18 PM

50,409 posts, read 64,151,599 times
Barbara is weird, and she is always making comments on shark tank about men. I get it, since she's a bit defensive about being dyslectic and an outlier. Anyway, she deserved to go home for her dancing.
I think they were a bit hard on the basketball player.
Despite the fact that I know hardly anyone on the show, they all seem to be doing a fairly good job.

Old 09-26-2017, 07:11 PM

2,525 posts, read 2,082,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
How does being "goofy" and "awkward" indicate one would be good at square dancing? Squares, particularly Modern Western, is one of the hardest dance styles to master, due to the vast range and complexity of moves/calls there are, and you have to be able to perform the moves with no walk-through/pre-dance instruction. MWS clubs limit participation in their dance events to dancers who have taken a certain number of classes and passed certain levels, because each level has specified calls you have to learn. The 4 Challenge levels require knowledge of 250-700 calls. Mainstream, the lowest level, requires 69 calls.

Squares, and contras (a similar style) for that matter, isn't a bunch of country bumpkins stumbling around to bad country music. Those styles take skill to execute well.
You obviously know more abt square dancing than I do, and I meant no disrespect.
All I was trying to say, imo...was that he didn't seem as smooth and graceful to me dancing the way that he was.
I said square dancing because it seems like there's alot of movement swinging and dancing, and he has a lot of energy to put into that type of dance.

Old 09-27-2017, 05:18 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,474,260 times
Latin Night is probably my least-favorite theme night of all. Well, maybe it’s a tie between Latin Night and Boo-Hoo Night (where the stars go into detail about how rough their lives have been).

I must admit that I’m in awe of how quickly the stars learn these dances and how well they perform them, given the short amount of time they have to learn. Even the stars who dont do well do much better than I’d expect.

Sharna is right about Derek being a nice guy. He seems to be a straight-up, decent man.

Gleb is an awesome dancer. Yes, I know all the pros should be awesome dancers, but I was very impressed with his performance last night. And he must be a good teacher, as well, because Sasha Pieterse (who is not one of my favorites) looked pretty good on the floor.

Poor Nick Lachey. He was still so stiff. I didnt realize how accurate his wife and brother were when they said, on the first night, that he was out of his element. After his dance last night – before the two in jeopardy were announced -- I worried that he might be the one to go home.

I just cant take my eyes off Jordan Fisher when he’s dancing. I guess he’s danced a lot in his career and I dont think it’s fair to have stars with a lot of dance experience compete against those who’ve never danced at all – but Jordan has amazing fluidity and grace.

I’ve never cared for the Property Brothers shows but Drew Scott is really growing on me. He comes across as very likeable. I hope his fan base can keep him on the show.

I’ve been surprised that, at Debbie Gibson’s age and given her illness, she can move so well.

Vanessa Lacey is another one who looked like a pro last night. I hope Nick’s male ego can handle the painful comparison between the two of them.

Lindsey Stirling looks like the most genuinely “fun” star I’ve seen in a long time. And what a beautiful, enchanting dancer she is. I’ve previously said that I’d love to see the two of them in a dance-off.

I was a bit surprised at who was sent packing (Debbie Gibson). I knew people would tire quickly of her whining about fibromyalgia but she’s been able to improve her dancing every week. Sexy (in his mind only) Terrell, it’s your turn next.

Old 09-27-2017, 07:14 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,225,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
We must watch a different Shark Tank. Barbara flirts like crazy and isnt above getting up there and fondling the guys when the opportunity presents itself.
She is my leasst favorite among regular SharkTank panelist and a self-made multimollionaire.which is why I respect her. I had hoped since Robert did so well on DWTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV