Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2017, 10:35 AM

2,525 posts, read 2,084,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.Cal View Post
He's very gangly.
Yes, that's a good word to describe him.
I really like the guy too, so I feel kind of bad saying that abt him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 08:01 PM

23,025 posts, read 34,429,310 times
Good choice to go home

Old 09-25-2017, 10:03 PM

3,829 posts, read 6,745,844 times
Is it just me or were all the dances like 30 seconds long? They seemed very, very short tonight. I guess because they had two to learn and to give the judge's time to talk?

Old 09-26-2017, 02:42 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,588,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
Is it just me or were all the dances like 30 seconds long? They seemed very, very short tonight. I guess because they had two to learn and to give the judge's time to talk?
I thought the same thing ~~ they seemed so short, especially for a 2 hour show.

Old 09-26-2017, 02:54 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,588,624 times
I'm worried that Terrell Owen, especially, or Derek Fisher could go if voters are angry about the kneel-down protests over the weekend and purposely don't vote for either one. I think they both did pretty well last night. I just hope people don't "punish" them for being athletes...

Old 09-26-2017, 04:41 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,486,597 times
I missed the first three dances (Nikki Bella, Debbie Gibson and Lindsey Stirling) last night. I thought it was interesting that, even though there were the same number of teams as last week, there was enough time last night for all three judges to comment on each performance, as usual. Perhaps Tom addressed that issue at the start of the show.

I actually felt sorry for Keo even more last night than the first night. I’m surprised that such a successful person as Barbara can be so crass – and that she doesn’t realize, or doesnt care, how her behavior is perceived by the viewing public. I know I’ll never watch Shark Tank again without thinking of what a dirty old woman she is. Her show has a lot of viewers/fans so she might have stayed on a bit longer had she not revealed that unpleasant side of her. Is this now the third time Keo's team had been voted off first?

Drew Lacey looked very stiff – and uncomfortable with being on the show in general. I wouldnt be surprised to see him go home tonight – except that the producers may keep him on for a while to get the most publicity out of the couples-competing angle.

Drew Scott also looks very uncomfortable being on the dance floor. I thought he did a fairly respectable job, though, especially given his hamstring injury. He probably has enojugh fans to keep him on for a while.

Vanessa is a great dancer and a great entertainer. She did well last week but she rerally took it to a higher level last night.

Frankie did a nice job. Witney is turning out to be a great choreographer. I hope Frankie’s not going to mention his back in every episode. You’d think these stars would have watched previous seasons (once they’d agreed to be on the show) and seen how badly it reflects on stars to repeatedly coomplains about previous injuries.

Terrell/T.O. can go home tonight as far as I’m concerned. His frustration during rehearsals and especially his tacky comment about deserving to have scored one point higher than Barbara last week showed what kind of person he is. And, of course, the raunchiness of his dance had no place on a “family” show, although that was Cheryl’s fault since she choreographed it. I know she has a reputation for dating her partners -- and last night looked like the “third date” on the dance floor.

I love, love, love Gleb – Sasha, not so much.

Victoria is wonderful. It’s almost impossible to believe that she cant feel her legs.

Derek was so graceful and so elegant. I thought he did much better than the judges' comments and scores. Basketball players have historically not done well on DWTS but he may go further than previous basketball stars have.

What a powerful dancer Jordan is! Unless something really unexpected happens, he’ll be holding the mirrorball trophy on the last night. I missed Lindsey Stirling’s performance last night and wonder if she was able to perform as well as he did. I’d love to see a dance-off between those two.

In previous seasons, there have been at least 3-4 stars who obviously didnt belong on the dance floor and the only question, after the first elimination, was who’d be going home first. I dont see that this season. There are several standouts (Vanessa, Jordan, Victoria and Lindsey) and everybody else is a “middle of the pack”er. Just my opinion.

No surprise at who went home.
Spoiler
Barbara

Old 09-26-2017, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post

The dances have always been pretty short for the first couple of nights. There are 13 partners and at least 120 commercials (at least, it looks like that many) to squeeze into that two-hour timeframe.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:01 AM

3,929 posts, read 2,961,190 times
Ugh Barbara is disgusting. Poor Keo looked so uncomfortable . Her behavior was so rude and just so ridiculous. Did anyone notice after the first dance on night on, during the judges comments she had her hand on his thigh so close to his crotch. I'm glad she went. She was sexually harassing Keo and it was disgusting to watch.

Old 09-26-2017, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
Ugh Barbara is disgusting. Poor Keo looked so uncomfortable . Her behavior was so rude and just so ridiculous. Did anyone notice after the first dance on night on, during the judges comments she had her hand on his thigh so close to his crotch. I'm glad she went. She was sexually harassing Keo and it was disgusting to watch.

Yes, In noticed her hand on Keo's upper leg/private area last week. Tom even made a remark about it last night.

I read her book about how she made it big in business. There was nothing off-color at all there. You'd never know she had the ability to be such a dirty old gal -- and in such a public forum too.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:32 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,079,970 times
I agree with TFW46 about Terrell. I had a feeling after last weeks show that he was going to make a comment this week about his scores. Yes, his score ended up on the low side compared to others but I think that is the curse of having to be the first dancer on the first show. Scores tend to be low. He could have talked about doing better this time like others did but he chose to complain. The worst is mentioning Barbara by name.

Your "third date" comment was really funny. I remember being a big fan of Cheryl when she was first on the show but something is different now. Don't know if it is because she was gone for so long or what but
the feeling of looking forward to her dances just isn't there.

I like Barbara on Shark Tank and she obviously was the one that should have gone but I do feel sorry for her. Wasn't she crying in her pre dance clip? She is obviously a very smart woman so why wasn't she smart enough to realize she was making a fool out of herself?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV