Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 04:01 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,263,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotteborn View Post
I was a little embarrassed for Barbara and Keo. I have always liked her but she came across a little sleezy tonight. Poor Keo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I say poor Barbara, Keo is a horrible pro.
Yes, Keo is a terrible pro. His choreography stinks.

Was anyone else watching the death grip Barbara had on Keo's leg and how high during the judges scoring ? Shameful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
sloppy seconds among friends?
LMAO!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 11:28 PM

977 posts, read 1,112,492 times
I have been watching for a number of years now. I talked to several friends and the general consensus was that this was a great opening night. But for some strange reason, I didn't particularly enjoy it and almost found it too long. There are some stand-out celebrities, for sure, and some I am hoping go home quickly.

I was uncomfortable watching Drew Scott dance---poor guy did a terrible job, in my opinion. And Barbara C's antics with Keo were embarrassing to watch. I felt sorry for Keo.

loved Lindsay Sterling and the actor from "Hamilton"---was it Justin? Two celebrities with the same last name....(aside from the married couple) was rather strange...

Emma's dress (blue lace) was gorgeous! The lighting bothered me on some of the dances, as it made it difficult to actually see the couple dancing. I had gotten to almost like Julianne, finally, as a judge, so was surprised to only see the original 3. Good call to limit their comments.

Old 09-23-2017, 12:26 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,517,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artangel View Post
...I had gotten to almost like Julianne, finally, as a judge, so was surprised to only see the original 3. Good call to limit their comments.

I had noted the fact that only one judge commented on each team's performance -- and someone said that has happened in past seasons. I didnt recall it ever happening in past seasons and said so. However, several other people have told me that they dont remember its ever happening in previous seasons either. Does anyone here recall that happening?

Old 09-23-2017, 07:00 AM

23,030 posts, read 34,453,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I had noted the fact that only one judge commented on each team's performance -- and someone said that has happened in past seasons. I didnt recall it ever happening in past seasons and said so. However, several other people have told me that they dont remember its ever happening in previous seasons either. Does anyone here recall that happening?
I don't remember it ever happening before either.

Old 09-23-2017, 09:42 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,754,639 times
I went back through a few premiere nights to see if all the judges were giving feedback. So I was partially right, partially wrong. When there were four judges, they limited the feedback to two or three. So, more than one got to give feedback, but they were not all allowed. I knew I remembered them giving feedback while holding up their paddle, which defeats the purpose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bCLG88m4s0 Skip to 30:44 to hear judge's scores and you will catch Julianne fitting in her feedback. Season 23 premiere.

There were also some nights last fall when the show was shortened due to election stuff and judges weren't allowed any feedback at all. (Week 3 is one for sure) I didn't waste my time trying to find others. There may have been weeks where only some judges were allowed.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:30 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,517,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
...When there were four judges, they limited the feedback to two or three. So, more than one got to give feedback, but they were not all allowed...

Yes, whenever there were 4 judges, only 3 were allowed to give feedback on any one team. I remembered that well. But my comment referred to the practice, last Monday, of allowing only 1 judge to comment on each team -- and, when someone said it had happened in the past, I was truly surprised because that was something I'd have remembered.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:43 AM

2,536 posts, read 2,090,545 times
Yes, I thought Drew Scott looked a little goofy, not sure if that's the right word to describe him.
He's so tall and with his long legs, he seemed kind of awkward when he danced.

He'd probably be really good at square dancing...

Old 09-23-2017, 03:57 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,263,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
I don't remember it happening in other seasons and you know I have been watching since season 1 also, TFW.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:29 AM

4,353 posts, read 4,744,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
Yes, I thought Drew Scott looked a little goofy, not sure if that's the right word to describe him.
He's so tall and with his long legs, he seemed kind of awkward when he danced.

He'd probably be really good at square dancing...

He's very gangly.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:46 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,234,598 times
I am not a real show fan.Watch different stars occasionally All the Judge comments are one of the reasons I am not a fan of the show..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV