Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2017, 08:09 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by longneckone View Post
Barbra was the reason I turned in to watch this season. I respect her from Shark Tank. I was so glad she went home. That is certainly not the way she portrays herself on SharkTank.
Sure she does, just not to that extent. But she always comments on the hottie dudes and she and Kevin are always joking around in a bit of an R-rated manner.

And I called it - Len called Drew Scott gangly! He must have read what I posted the other day.

Sorry to see Alan go (Debbie Gibson not so much). At least we'll get to see him dance in the group numbers.

My faves are Nikki Bella (just love her) and Derek Fisher and Vanessa L.

No one I really don't not like, but some are just meh. I'd prefer to watch the pros dance. The DWTS touring show was great (2 years ago with Maks/Val, et al.) and Maks/Val's show last year was also terrific.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2017, 09:27 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,871 times
LOL, I think I watch the show all wrong. I basically just watch the Pros. Guessing I'll never make it to the Judging Panel.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:13 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
Latin Night is probably my least-favorite theme night of all.
Same here. I still have bad memories of Amber Rose's "salsa" from a few seasons ago. That was no salsa, just bootie shaking and twerking. But then again, every dance she did seemed to revolve around her copious behind.

Old 09-27-2017, 10:25 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,951,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fresnochili View Post
You obviously know more abt square dancing than I do, and I meant no disrespect.
All I was trying to say, imo...was that he didn't seem as smooth and graceful to me dancing the way that he was.
I said square dancing because it seems like there's alot of movement swinging and dancing, and he has a lot of energy to put into that type of dance.
There is, but it takes a long time to get to the point where a newbie is comfortable not just with executing the calls, but with putting some style into it. I never took a MSD class (although I probably should, at least through the first level). I do Contra (like squares, except we work in long lines, and most dance events utilize walk-throughs) and Eastern Squares, which also utilize walk-throughs, so I see my share of beginners. There are some who think these dances are an opportunity to display carefree abandon because of the music and the movement (we literally use the entire floor).

I've never seen a Challenge level SD done, but from what I have read about them, you need an Engineering degree to do them well. Too hard for me! If I have to think about what I am doing, that takes the fun out of it!

Old 09-27-2017, 10:32 AM

8,694 posts, read 11,081,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Same here. I still have bad memories of Amber Rose's "salsa" from a few seasons ago. That was no salsa, just bootie shaking and twerking. But then again, every dance she did seemed to revolve around her copious behind.
ugh, the horror.

Old 09-30-2017, 05:11 PM

302 posts, read 182,635 times
Wasn't Mark Cuban, who is also on Shark Tank, once a contestant on DWTS?

Old 09-30-2017, 05:24 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelliebell View Post
Wasn't Mark Cuban, who is also on Shark Tank, once a contestant on DWTS?

LOL. Yes -- and his partrner was none other than Kym Johnson, the one who married her partner Robert Herjavec.

Mark was on the Fifth Season of DWTS in 2007, before his Shark Tank days. He was eliminated fifth and, in my opinion, he stayed on much longer than he should have. But he had a good attitude and that probably kept him there a couple of weeks longer. Too, as I recall, he was probably the only star who ever took notes.

Old 10-01-2017, 08:17 AM

4,344 posts, read 4,721,445 times
Quote:
LOL. Yes -- and his partrner was none other than Kym Johnson, the one who married her partner Robert Herjavec.

Mark was on the Fifth Season of DWTS in 2007, before his Shark Tank days. He was eliminated fifth and, in my opinion, he stayed on much longer than he should have. But he had a good attitude and that probably kept him there a couple of weeks longer. Too, as I recall, he was probably the only star who ever took notes.
IIRC he was also coming back from hip replacement surgery.

Old 10-03-2017, 07:12 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
The most interesting thing about last night's show was the fact that Maks was missing-in-action due to what Tom called "a personal issue". I googled it and found that Maks apparently cant get along with his partner Vanessa. Remember the tension between Maks and Hope Solo -- that was understandable because no one can get along with Hope. But Vanessa?

Maks Chmerkovskiy Skipped DWTS Due to a 'Chemistry Issue' With Partner Vanessa Lachey

Last edited by TFW46; 10-03-2017 at 07:49 AM..

Old 10-03-2017, 07:26 AM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
The most interesting thing about last night's show was the fact that Maks was missing-in-action due to what Tom called "a personal issue". I googled it and found that Maks apparently cant get along with his partner Vanessa. Remember the tension between Maks and Hope Solo -- that was understandable because no one can get along with Hope. But Vanessa?

Maks Chmerkovskiy Skipped DWTS Due to a 'Chemistry Issue' With Partner Vanessa Lachey
Very interesting!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV