Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2017, 08:10 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,293,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynarie View Post
In between crying over a few (I was in good shape until Lindsey and Mark), I was annoyed by the band.
Unless they change the arrangement, I typically do not like when they sing the songs instead of using the track. The poor faceless girl attempting Whitney last night is the main reason why- the original is a million times better. Like they say on all the singing competition shows- there are songs (and artists) you just don't touch. Then the singers that did Falling Slowly (Nick and Peta's dance) butchered that song. Ugh.
Lindsey has a dance background ....when I googled her it mentioned "dancer".

Last night....the dances were very good but most memorable year theme imo should be
"good memories" ....too much sorrow for me....
like "my most memorable year was the year I broke my leg skiing"...
no that is the year I want to forget!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 08:17 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,238,955 times
I could have sworn Lindsey said in her package, week 1 or 2, something about dance school. My ears perked up on that and I thought "another one with an advantage". Does anyone else remember hearing that?

Old 10-10-2017, 11:00 AM

4,351 posts, read 4,734,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
For some reason, I just can't get excited about Victoria. I guess because every season, they have, well, someone who is, in one way or another, incomplete. She's a beautiful young lady and I admire her, but I'm just tired of the schtick.
Something about Victoria bugs me (and I LOVE Val). But meh. I also don't much like the violin chick, but a lot of that is I don't like Mark at all.

Sorry to see Derek BB player go - would have rather seen Nick go.

Old 10-10-2017, 04:05 PM

5,118 posts, read 3,435,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I could have sworn Lindsey said in her package, week 1 or 2, something about dance school. My ears perked up on that and I thought "another one with an advantage". Does anyone else remember hearing that?
What I thought she said is that she had never gone to a dance school but had always loved dance, though the second part of that thought may have come from an article rather than her dwts package.

However, if I were going to be bothered by anyone's dance experience, it would be that of Jordan, who was cast in the Teen Beach movies because of his dance ability, alongside alumni from SYTYCD. This would have bothered me in the early seasons of the show when it seemed they tried to hide a contestant's dance experience, but they don't seem to care about concealing it anymore, and I can't say it bothers me. What I wish is that they wouldn't give a contemporary dance to someone like Jordan, when he's a contemporary dancer. At least stick with the ballroom styles. But that's not going to happen.

Old 10-10-2017, 05:07 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,486,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post

According to wikipedia, Lindsey wanted dance lessons but her parents couldnt afford both violin lessons and dance lessons -- so they had her choose one. She chose violin and the rest is history.

Old 10-10-2017, 08:25 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,486,597 times
Last night was definitely the night of Crazy 8s. Does anyone believe that Frankie, Terrell, Nikki, Sasha and Drew Scott all deserve the same score (24)?

I still dont care for Frankie personally and I dont, for one minute, buy his story of not remembering “Malcolm in the Middle”, but he did a very nice quickstep.

And I didnt think Terrell’s dance was as good as the judges or the producers apparently did. Apparently someone wants him to stay around for a while, even though (in my opinion) he’s still very stiff on the floor.

Nikki is a lovely girl but that large vein that pops out on her forehead regularly is so distracting. (Yes, call me shallow.)

Peta’s choreography for Nick’s dance was gorgeous. I wish he could improve enough to stay a while. Of course, he may be able to last longer because of the good publicity of having the husbands-and-wives compete against each other. I didnt care much for him when he was married to Jessica Simpson and they had that gawd-awful reality TV show. But, through his time on DWTS, he’s shown that he’s more in touch with his feminine side than he was before. Of course, he’d probably have to be in order to live with a diva like Vanessa.

Lindsey has beauty and grace in every step. With Mark’s choreography, which is every bit as good as Derek Hough’s, she could almost be unbeatable. Too bad Jordan is competing this season.

I really liked Derek Fisher. His package showed what a great father and man he is. I’m so sorry that he went home last night. He didnt deserve to be sent packing so soon. At least he lasted longer than other basketball stars have lasted.

What more can I say about Jordan that I havent already said in previous weeks? Every week he amazes and even defines dancing. I truly thought I was seeing a perfect performance last night. I wonder what Len didnt like about it.

Poor Sasha. As I’ve said in the past, I really like Gleb – but I’m beginning to wonder why. Yes, he’s easy on the eyes but his choreography is uninspired. Other pros use dance videos for choreography ideas but it doesnt seem as though Gleb does. If his dancing were as plain-jane as his choreography, he wouldnt even make it in the troupe.

If Vanessa can get through the clash of the egos, she has a good chance of placing 3rd – or maybe 4th. I wonder if what I read about so many other stars and pros disliking her and wanting her gone because of all the drama she stirs up are true? I'd believe it.

I’m liking Drew Scott more and more. And I loved, loved, loved Jonathon and Drew’s performance last night. How cool it would have been if Jonathon had accepted DWTS’ invitation to appear as a star too this season!

Maybe I’m just grouchy because I’m fighting a sinus infection but I wonder if Victoria's scores reflected her sad story more than her dancing. If anything about DWTS is fair (rolling eyes here), Victoria and Vanessa will probably battle for 3rd place.

I wasnt feeling well last night so maybe I missed it – but it seems that this was the 2nd (or maybe the 3rd) consecutive night that there was no group dance performed by the pros. Sometimes I enjoy those and sometimes not so much.

And, while I’m being grouchy, let me add that I’m getting tired of the My Most Memorable Year Nights. It seems like almost everyone tries to outdo the others with a sad story. And then the stars run over to their parents/spouses/children and hug them after the performance. Those who dont use a sob story almost look out of place.

Next week is Disney Night. I didnt care for it when it first started but have grown to enjoy it more.

Last edited by TFW46; 10-10-2017 at 08:39 PM.. Reason: Those pesky typos

Old 10-11-2017, 04:25 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,041,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post

Nikki is a lovely girl but that large vein that pops out on her forehead regularly is so distracting. (Yes, call me shallow.)
That's about all I can see when I look at her. I keep expecting her to stroke out.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:22 AM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,293,799 times
Quote:
Last night was definitely the night of Crazy 8s. Does anyone believe that Frankie, Terrell, Nikki, Sasha and Drew Scott all deserve the same score (24)?

I still dont care for Frankie personally and I dont, for one minute, buy his story of not remembering “Malcolm in the Middle”, but he did a very nice quickstep.

And I didnt think Terrell’s dance was as good as the judges or the producers apparently did. Apparently someone wants him to stay around for a while, even though (in my opinion) he’s still very stiff on the floor.

Peta’s choreography for Nick’s dance was gorgeous. I wish he could improve enough to stay a while. Of course, he may be able to last longer because of the good publicity of having the husbands-and-wives compete against each other. I didnt care much for him when he was married to Jessica Simpson and they had that gawd-awful reality TV show. But, through his time on DWTS, he’s shown that he’s more in touch with his feminine side than he was before. Of course, he’d probably have to be in order to live with a diva like Vanessa.

Lindsey has beauty and grace in every step. With Mark’s choreography, which is every bit as good as Derek Hough’s, she could almost be unbeatable. Too bad Jordan is competing this season.

I really liked Derek Fisher. His package showed what a great father and man he is. I’m so sorry that he went home last night. He didnt deserve to be sent packing so soon. At least he lasted longer than other basketball stars have lasted.

What more can I say about Jordan that I havent already said in previous weeks? Every week he amazes and even defines dancing. I truly thought I was seeing a perfect performance last night. I wonder what Len didnt like about it.

Poor Sasha. As I’ve said in the past, I really like Gleb – but I’m beginning to wonder why. Yes, he’s easy on the eyes but his choreography is uninspired. Other pros use dance videos for choreography ideas but it doesnt seem as though Gleb does. If his dancing were as plain-jane as his choreography, he wouldnt even make it in the troupe.

If Vanessa can get through the clash of the egos, she has a good chance of placing 3rd – or maybe 4th. I wonder if what I read about so many other stars and pros disliking her and wanting her gone because of all the drama she stirs up are true? I'd believe it.

I’m liking Drew Scott more and more. And I loved, loved, loved Jonathon and Drew’s performance last night. How cool it would have been if Jonathon had accepted DWTS’ invitation to appear as a star too this season!

Maybe I’m just grouchy because I’m fighting a sinus infection but I wonder if Victoria's scores reflected her sad story more than her dancing. If anything about DWTS is fair (rolling eyes here), Victoria and Vanessa will probably battle for 3rd place.

I wasnt feeling well last night so maybe I missed it – but it seems that this was the 2nd (or maybe the 3rd) consecutive night that there was no group dance performed by the pros. Sometimes I enjoy those and sometimes not so much.

And, while I’m being grouchy, let me add that I’m getting tired of the My Most Memorable Year Nights. It seems like almost everyone tries to outdo the others with a sad story. And then the stars run over to their parents/spouses/children and hug them after the performance. Those who dont use a sob story almost look out of place.

Next week is Disney Night. I didnt care for it when it first started but have grown to enjoy it more.
Agree about Nikki and the forehead vein. Studio lighting seemed to emphasize it.

Vanessa ....a bit of a diva ....Nick has his hands full with her.

Drew is improving a lot, his brother is pretty good too, should have accepted DTWS offer.

And yes, what's up with all the same scores 8 8 8....24....come on judges one or two
of them should have got a 9 the others perhaps a 7.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:38 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,238,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorges View Post
What I thought she said is that she had never gone to a dance school but had always loved dance, though the second part of that thought may have come from an article rather than her dwts package.

However, if I were going to be bothered by anyone's dance experience, it would be that of Jordan, who was cast in the Teen Beach movies because of his dance ability, alongside alumni from SYTYCD. This would have bothered me in the early seasons of the show when it seemed they tried to hide a contestant's dance experience, but they don't seem to care about concealing it anymore, and I can't say it bothers me. What I wish is that they wouldn't give a contemporary dance to someone like Jordan, when he's a contemporary dancer. At least stick with the ballroom styles. But that's not going to happen.
I missed a lot of the first night so didn't get the skinny on these people. All I know of Jordan is he was in Hamilton.

Quote:
According to wikipedia, Lindsey wanted dance lessons but her parents couldnt afford both violin lessons and dance lessons -- so they had her choose one. She chose violin and the rest is history.
Ah, thank you, TFW and Gorges. I see where I mis-heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
That's about all I can see when I look at her. I keep expecting her to stroke out.
Yep, that vien was driving me nuts too. It disappeared though by the time they were in The Red Room.

I loved Jonathan too. He killed it! Did I see the 3rd brother and he looks like a triplet?? Drew was so cute when he was younger and had a different hairstyle!

Victoria...her story is inspiring but I am so sick of hearing it every single week! Yes, we KNOW. My first bout of MS was with my feet...I could not feel them AT ALL. I would not have been able to dance like that, never mind not being able to feel my legs. When it WAS a leg, it was crippled. Tom called it "magic", must be pretty potent magic.

Old 10-11-2017, 10:29 AM

302 posts, read 183,278 times
Speaking of prior dance experience, aren't Sasha's parents professional dancers? I'm sure she's had a lesson or two.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV