Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 05:51 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,510,738 times

Advertisements

According to recent reports, Vanessa and Maks are now "playing nice" and he will be back on the show on Monday night.

This could go one of two ways: either the producers will keep them on the show because the controversy is good publicity or the viewing public will speak its mind so loudly (with its votes) that the producers will have to let them go home.

Maks Chmerkovskiy, Vanessa Lachey Will Be Back on DWTS

Vanessa Lachey denies being cause of problem on DWTS | Daily Mail Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2017, 07:02 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,304,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
For me, last night was the night of choreography. I saw what I thought were some of the best and some of the worst choreographies of the entire show. And, while I'm at it, since last night's theme was "guilty pleasures", I'll admit that DWTS is my #1 guilty pleasure.

I thought Drew Scott was great improved last night. He was very fluid and the choreography was amazing. I also loved the package presentation.

Derek was hard to judge. The performance was enjoyable but, these old-fashioned eyes kept asking is that really dancing?

I didnt care for Victoria’s dance at all. I cant explain why – it just didnt appeal to me.

Vanessa is such a great dancer but the choreography didnt seem to showcase her talent. I kept wondering if Maks had really choreographed it because he’s usually so good at that. But then, when I read that he cant get along with Vanessa, it made a little more sense that maybe Alan, who was her substitute partner, was the choreographer.

On the other hand, Artem did an absolutely awesome job of choreography with Nikki. Personally, I dont care for either one of them but Artem is turning out to be a great choreographer.

I didnt think Frankie was as good last night as he was last week. Of course, everyone has off nights and it would be impossible for most of them to improve every single week.

Lindsey’s sad story of breaking up with her significant other probably touched a nerve with some of the viewing public, but not with me. (So call me heartless.) But it was, for me, the best-choreography of the night – and maybe of the entire show. With Mark as her pro, she could easily win 2nd place – maybe even the mirrorball.

I’ve said how much I love Gleb but I really dont care for his choreography. Sasha’s dance last night had very little content.

I loved the Nick-and-Vanessa package! And I thought Peta did a great job of choreographing a dance for Nick, who is definitely not a dancer.

Terrell/T.O. – no comment except that he cant go home soon enough for me.

When I watch Jordan, I always feel as though I’m watching the winner. It’s rare that a star can be so obviously above everyone else from the first week – and I admit that a couple of others are moving up this season – but Jordan is so clearly the future mirrorball owner that it would be shocking if he doesn’t prevail. Of course, the producers have shocked us in the past. But wasn’t Jordan under contract to Disney in the past? Disney kids either win or come close but no one could begrudge him the win – just because he deserves it.

No elimination last night. I did think it was interesting that 5 teams scored 21 each. This is a season when middle-of-the-packers are the norm.
Spot on. Drew Scott is the most improved, he was flat footed first episode, big improvement.

Also agree with Gleb, poor choregraphy, not much dancing there.
Mark's choregraphy just the opposite, very good, I like Lindsey too, sad story not so sad.

Peta looked marvelous, did best she could with Nick.

Jordan the best dancer, so far at least.

Old 10-07-2017, 08:55 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,257,563 times
Quote:
According to recent reports, Vanessa and Maks are now "playing nice" and he will be back on the show on Monday night.

This could go one of two ways: either the producers will keep them on the show because the controversy is good publicity or the viewing public will speak its mind so loudly (with its votes) that the producers will have to let them go home.

Maks Chmerkovskiy, Vanessa Lachey Will Be Back on DWTS

Vanessa Lachey denies being cause of problem on DWTS | Daily Mail Online
That pic of both couples together in the first link, what a spectacular pic of Maks! He looks like the old Maks....so handsome!!

Old 10-08-2017, 11:06 AM

5,118 posts, read 3,445,380 times
Quote:
*sigh*

Old 10-09-2017, 06:53 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,046,303 times
Well, Good Lord! I'm sitting here crying over Mark and Lindsey. That's a first, ever, EVAR, for me.

WOW! Just WOW!

Old 10-09-2017, 07:19 PM

655 posts, read 1,132,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Well, Good Lord! I'm sitting here crying over Mark and Lindsey. That's a first, ever, EVAR, for me.

WOW! Just WOW!

Then Jordan and Lindsey must have put you over the edge! I know they did for me. Can't stop the tears after that one....they were wonderful!

Old 10-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
Then Jordan and Lindsey must have put you over the edge! I know they did for me. Can't stop the tears after that one....they were wonderful!
Jordan was wonderful, and he's definitely my 2nd choice, but I've always had a place in my heart for Mark. Plus I thought Lindsey saying that as they sat with her father as he died, she realized that rather than be sad over what she was losing, she was happy because of what she had. And the end...where Mark was just a shadow holding the balloon. That did me in. Then when she said the hat and scarf Mark wore belonged to her father, well...

But yeah, Lindsey and Jordan were wonderful, and he had a great story, too. They beat Mark and Lindsey by a couple of points.

Old 10-09-2017, 08:36 PM

655 posts, read 1,132,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Jordan was wonderful, and he's definitely my 2nd choice, but I've always had a place in my heart for Mark. Plus I thought Lindsey saying that as they sat with her father as he died, she realized that rather than be sad over what she was losing, she was happy because of what she had. And the end...where Mark was just a shadow holding the balloon. That did me in. Then when she said the hat and scarf Mark wore belonged to her father, well...

But yeah, Lindsey and Jordan were wonderful, and he had a great story, too. They beat Mark and Lindsey by a couple of points.
Sorry if that came across as argumentative.....I was agreeing with you! The one with Lindsey Stirling definitely made me cry! For the same reasons you mention. I was just saying that on top of that came Jordan's emotional dance and then they finish with Victoria and the wheelchair....I am a mess!

Old 10-09-2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whakru View Post
Sorry if that came across as argumentative.....I was agreeing with you! The one with Lindsey Stirling definitely made me cry! For the same reasons you mention. I was just saying that on top of that came Jordan's emotional dance and then they finish with Victoria and the wheelchair....I am a mess!
No, it didn't come across that way.

For some reason, I just can't get excited about Victoria. I guess because every season, they have, well, someone who is, in one way or another, incomplete. She's a beautiful young lady and I admire her, but I'm just tired of the schtick.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:58 AM

3,829 posts, read 6,752,397 times
In between crying over a few (I was in good shape until Lindsey and Mark), I was annoyed by the band.
Unless they change the arrangement, I typically do not like when they sing the songs instead of using the track. The poor faceless girl attempting Whitney last night is the main reason why- the original is a million times better. Like they say on all the singing competition shows- there are songs (and artists) you just don't touch. Then the singers that did Falling Slowly (Nick and Peta's dance) butchered that song. Ugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV