Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 01:36 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,294,055 times

Advertisements

I agree. Very boring episode. It isn't even Fear the walking dead anymore. They only throw in a token zombie or two to keep the show's title going. It's mostly "Fear the stupid people". Or in Sundays episode, "Fear the Rain." "Fear the little brat kid Charlie." They should fear her. She shoots people. Another yawn fest. probably next week too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 04:29 AM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
I thought it seemed pretty clear that she blew herself up/burned to death.

I think they are basically trying to reboot the show. The thing I always noticed about Fear vs TWD is that the original is clearly based on a comic book, filled with archetypes, clear antagonists and protagonists and a bit over the top as comics can be, while Fear lacked that and was more "real world" if that makes sense in a zombie show. Now, with the crossover of Morgan and the introduction of Dorie and Al, we have character types we are more used to in the world of the walking dead. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see Strand either take a small role or die and have a show focused on Alicia and the cast of slightly over the top archetypes that surround her.
I did enjoy watching the last show about Alicia and the little girl who killed her brother, I forget her name...and in the end, the zombie falling on the cellar door, which allowed it to open...kinda nice...story line...and I think your rather onto something, concerning the comics....

Old 08-22-2018, 04:31 AM

28,921 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I've have a hard time feeling any empathy for the characters on the show, and the writing seems almost silly at times -- like a post-apocalyptic Disney family drama. Apart from Victor Strand, this latest season has introduced some of the most interesting characters they've had. But I'm not expecting it to last much longer.
Love the cowboy...loved Madison's husband, but they killed him off....I had always hoped they were lower to the ground and when he fell, he didn't fall far....

Old 08-22-2018, 10:02 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't know if anyone caught it, but on The Talking Dead, the writer indicated that Tobias was still out there too. It was a bit forced, almost as if he was going to have to write the kid back in. Tobias was a fan favorite and still has vocal followers.
Yes, I noticed that as well and something about an alligator.

Old 08-22-2018, 12:08 PM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
Who was Tobias?

Old 08-22-2018, 03:00 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,207,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Who was Tobias?
Tobias | Fear the Walking Dead Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia

Old 08-22-2018, 03:57 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,091,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That's why I dig World War Z. It goes all over the place. Even if you hate pole-vaulting zombies, it's a ripping good yarn with great production values that actually lend it some (gasp) verisimilitude.
i feel like the early version of the walkers should be similar to the zombies of WWZ. They should have been super fast and this is one of the reason why civilization reversed so fast. The outbreak spread fast since the walkers were super fast. As the mutation spread, the walker mutation changed too. The "original" walkers are the key to the cure.

Old 08-23-2018, 06:31 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
He had such a minor role that I forgot about him. Also Madison was the only one who had a connection with him. I would rather see the Chinese lady next door neighbor who turned.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:21 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
He had such a minor role that I forgot about him. Also Madison was the only one who had a connection with him. I would rather see the Chinese lady next door neighbor who turned.
Yeah, I don’t see how Tobias was a fan favorite. I don’t recall anyone ever talking about him.

Old 08-23-2018, 02:36 PM

2,284 posts, read 3,940,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
i feel like the early version of the walkers should be similar to the zombies of WWZ. They should have been super fast and this is one of the reason why civilization reversed so fast. The outbreak spread fast since the walkers were super fast. As the mutation spread, the walker mutation changed too. The "original" walkers are the key to the cure.
Or the producers could've given the walkers cognitive ability that quickly fades over time. For example, in one TWD episode Rick and Glenn covered themselves in blood and guts to mask their scent as they walk among them. It would've been cool watching walkers teaming up to catch human prey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV