Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2021, 07:32 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,771,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Typically, in MCU stories, the big bad is not a new character revealed at the last minute. They typically show you all the players as the story progresses, and then it all plays out at the end. Example would be Wanda Vision, where the final battles in the last episode were characters who had been there all along. So it would be atypical for MCU & Loki (the series) to suddenly introduce, in the very last episode, a new baddie. More typical for MCU is someone who has been there all along, or at least mentioned a few times. Someone like Ravonna Renslayer, or Miss Minutes, or even Mobius (although *that* would be unexpected). Or someone we've seen in other MCU stories. But to introduce a totally new baddie, a Kang for example, would be almost unheard of for the MCU.

One of the few times we get totally new bad guys is in the credits scenes, where they will show a blip of a new character, setting up something down the road. That's how we first saw Thanos. But that almost never impacts the current story.

But hey, anything can happen! That's why we watch.
Well, they introduced Thanos in the post-credit scene of The Avengers. As I mentioned earlier, I don't think they would do that kind of thing in a television series rather than a theatrical movie. I think it's more likely Kang will be hinted in Multiverse of Madness leading to a full reveal in Quantumania.

But I could be wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2021, 07:56 AM

5,819 posts, read 7,229,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Well, they introduced Thanos in the post-credit scene of The Avengers. As I mentioned earlier, I don't think they would do that kind of thing in a television series rather than a theatrical movie. I think it's more likely Kang will be hinted in Multiverse of Madness leading to a full reveal in Quantumania.

But I could be wrong.
Right, that's exactly what I said. He was first seen in a credits scene. Don't know enough about Kang to predict his appearance, but agree that we're unlikely to get a completely new character in the finale.

Old 07-09-2021, 07:57 AM

12,383 posts, read 8,141,466 times
Quote:

But I could be wrong.
While they weren't willing to do a reveal on ABC the Disney + emerging streaming distribution model might change things.

But then again the plans were made pre pandemic and more bodies would be squeezed into theatres worldwide

Old 07-09-2021, 09:59 AM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times
I'm sure there will be a surprise in the finale. I think it's pretty evident that "Sylvie" isn't really who she claims to be. Maybe Mobius too.

The problem is that this all feels like manipulation from the writers. None of it makes any sense. We're just supposed to accept it because they say so and ignore the dozens of holes in plot and characterization that they have left in their wake. A good "a-ha!" moment makes you look back and say, "Of course. I should have seen it all along. It makes total sense now!" Whereas with LOKI, I am continually scratching my head and trying to figure out how any of this makes any sense, and it just doesn't.

Personally, I would love it if Loki makes it to the dark floating castle, only to find out it's a snow globe, and the whole show has been a dream. Camera pans out to Owen Wilson, who is shaking the snow globe, then says, "Gotcha, suckers!" then peels off his face to reveal Stan Lee, who is in Heaven, smoking cigars with Homer, Shakespeare, and Harper Lee.

If that happens, I'll cheer.

Old 07-09-2021, 11:32 AM

724 posts, read 403,127 times
Marvel Studios is posting adds saying, "Don't ruin the ending" of Loki. So maybe we are in for a decent surprise . I'll be staying off of social media sites/YouTube until I see it

Old 07-09-2021, 11:49 AM

28,666 posts, read 18,771,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm sure there will be a surprise in the finale. I think it's pretty evident that "Sylvie" isn't really who she claims to be. Maybe Mobius too.

The problem is that this all feels like manipulation from the writers. None of it makes any sense. We're just supposed to accept it because they say so and ignore the dozens of holes in plot and characterization that they have left in their wake. A good "a-ha!" moment makes you look back and say, "Of course. I should have seen it all along. It makes total sense now!" Whereas with LOKI, I am continually scratching my head and trying to figure out how any of this makes any sense, and it just doesn't.

Personally, I would love it if Loki makes it to the dark floating castle, only to find out it's a snow globe, and the whole show has been a dream. Camera pans out to Owen Wilson, who is shaking the snow globe, then says, "Gotcha, suckers!" then peels off his face to reveal Stan Lee, who is in Heaven, smoking cigars with Homer, Shakespeare, and Harper Lee.

If that happens, I'll cheer.
Wait...wasn't that snow globe in Ravenna's office? It was one of her souvenirs that Mobius mentioned.

Old 07-09-2021, 12:02 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,256,756 times
Quote:
Wait...wasn't that snow globe in Ravenna's office? It was one of her souvenirs that Mobius mentioned.

Old 07-09-2021, 12:27 PM

2,119 posts, read 1,789,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Typically, in MCU stories, the big bad is not a new character revealed at the last minute. They typically show you all the players as the story progresses, and then it all plays out at the end. Example would be Wanda Vision, where the final battles in the last episode were characters who had been there all along. So it would be atypical for MCU & Loki (the series) to suddenly introduce, in the very last episode, a new baddie. More typical for MCU is someone who has been there all along, or at least mentioned a few times. Someone like Ravonna Renslayer, or Miss Minutes, or even Mobius (although *that* would be unexpected). Or someone we've seen in other MCU stories. But to introduce a totally new baddie, a Kang for example, would be almost unheard of for the MCU.

One of the few times we get totally new bad guys is in the credits scenes, where they will show a blip of a new character, setting up something down the road. That's how we first saw Thanos. But that almost never impacts the current story.

But hey, anything can happen! That's why we watch.
While I tend to agree, this show is different in that I believe that they have already said there would be a season 2. I think that that gives them a bit more freedom and room to introduce more characters. At this point, I'm just hoping that things are mostly wrapped up for this season, assuming that there will be a few strings to tie between now and probably Ant-Man.

Old 07-10-2021, 06:53 AM

5,847 posts, read 6,181,548 times
Quote:
I would be very disappointed if they did that. Unexpected things like that only work only once, and it's been done before, not to mention when it was done, it prompted fairly strong love/hate reactions, didn't it? I personally thought it was a bit of a head scratcher when I was watching the St. Elsewhere finale, but then again, I was a teenager when it aired, so not the most sophisticated viewer.

But I suppose you can argue even St. Elsewhere was borrowing the entire snow globe thing from Citizen Kane.

Old 07-10-2021, 09:41 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,932,559 times
What is the name of the purple cloud? Is it a reference to the Black Winter, or the Fimbul Winter?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV