Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2024, 07:04 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,079,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
I disagree! I like Tori...I personally think they are a cute couple...Good on them for moving on.
For the third time, they aren't "moving on" voluntarily, LOL. Agree to disagree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2024, 04:30 PM

50,412 posts, read 64,161,814 times
I’m curious to see what Zach and Tori do for income after this. I think Tori has a teaching degree, but Zach barely made it through high school.

Old 05-07-2024, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m curious to see what Zach and Tori do for income after this. I think Tori has a teaching degree, but Zach barely made it through high school.
They are now "influencers," thanks to Matt making them celebrities. As long as people are dumb on social media, they'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if Zach also had a trust fund and/or got disability income in one form or another. All three kids probably do, too.

Old 05-07-2024, 08:04 PM

17,656 posts, read 15,352,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
They are now "influencers," thanks to Matt making them celebrities. As long as people are dumb on social media, they'll be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if Zach also had a trust fund and/or got disability income in one form or another. All three kids probably do, too.

I wouldn't put Matt on too tall a pedestal. No pun intended.

The Jacob thing really confuses me. I mean, he's a high school dropout, right? Stoner?

And the whole molestation thing. That was.. the handling of that was just so weird. It's like both Matt and Amy just kinda said 'oopsie!' over that. It was like the standard non-apology apology.. "I'm sorry that you feel that way" kinda thing.

Did I miss something in all that? Did the producer ever face charges?

Anyway.. All of the kids, other than.. What's her name, the girl, who hasn't been featured on the show since the first run, seem pretty screwed up. That's really why I stopped watching after the first run ended. It was kinda like watching a train wreck.

Old 05-08-2024, 01:40 AM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post

I don't think we'll see Bill and Jen on their TLC show, it was canceled. Last I read they went to court for some fraud reason having to do with their show. They were on last years season 2 episode 9 Biggest Little Farmhouse on HGTV Farmhouse Fixer show with Johnathan Knight from New Kids on the Block.

Farmhouse fixer was on last night, I wanted to watch Bill and Jens episode, it's the only one not listed. I wonder if it was even on last season, maybe TLC didn't allow the episode to air for some reason. I don't recall ever seeing commercials about their episode. I had originally read about it online. I don't know if they're still under contract. I'm pretty sure that HGTV is owned by the same company that owns TLC, so it's not like they would have been on a competing network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post

Yes, Tori was a teacher until she birthed Jackson. Kindergarten IIRC

I won't be surprised if they do end up getting their own show. I would watch it to see if I liked where their show was going.

Hopefully they saved their TLC pay to live off of. I assume they were paid fairly well since they qualified to buy their houses.

Quote:
Quote:
Again, it was not their choice; TLC is allowing them to put the best face on it. They haven't "walked away from" exploiting their children on their own social media and have obviously been trying hard for their own spin-off (unsuccessfully, I hope) this entire season. I just hope they finally get those kids the medical intervention (the boy's legs and the girl's eyes and speech delay) they obviously need. Depriving them of their grandfather is just cruel.

Good riddance!

Zack is a celebrity thanks to Matt because he did the same thing Zack and Tori did, showed their kids on the show, "exploited" them, according to you.

You obviously have your own opinion. You don't like Zack and Tori. I enjoy seeing them and their kids on the show. I doubt Zack gets disability because he makes too much from the show.

FWIW, if you go to Amy's Facebook page, one of her newest posts has her grand kids from Jeremy helping her bake macaroon cookies. IIRC, Audrey and Jeremy do the same as Zack and Tori, posts their kids on their social media and blog.

You don't have kids, while you think you would have fixed Jackson's legs with the big surgery, you really can't relate to those of us that are parents who actually do have to decide what to do. It's easy to say you would go for it, maybe there is better surgery technology in clinical trials that Zack and Tori are waiting for. Both Zack and Matt have experience with the old painful leg surgery, which may have been different then Matt's when Zack had it.

It is heart breaking when you have a kid who has medical issues, especially when you go to doctor after doctor to find answers, all they think is the parent may not be telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I wouldn't put Matt on too tall a pedestal. No pun intended.

The Jacob thing really confuses me. I mean, he's a high school dropout, right? Stoner?

And the whole molestation thing. That was.. the handling of that was just so weird. It's like both Matt and Amy just kinda said 'oopsie!' over that. It was like the standard non-apology apology.. "I'm sorry that you feel that way" kinda thing.

Did I miss something in all that? Did the producer ever face charges?

Anyway.. All of the kids, other than.. What's her name, the girl, who hasn't been featured on the show since the first run, seem pretty screwed up. That's really why I stopped watching after the first run ended. It was kinda like watching a train wreck.

I don't recall them ever facing charges, seems like Jacob's "claim" was never formally looked into by any authority that could prosecute the accused.

I also think Jacob is/was what we would refer to as a stoner. He and his now wife were living in his van until they started living on Matt's property where they have started growing vegetables to live off of. I've never seen that he had any type of skilled job until recently when he started working on the farm I guess after Zack stopped working there. It sounds like Matt thinks Jacob is a better "fit" to eventually run the farm then Zack or Jeremy who also had worked the farm until Matt didn't let him buy the big house property.

Molly is the daughter. IIRC, she is the only one that got a career out of what she studied at college unlike any of the boys.

Jeremy didn't appear to have any skills except he and Audrey writing books about how to have a successful marriage which was a joke. They hadn't even been married long when that first book came out. They then started showing how religious they are which turned show fans off, IIRC she believes the man should be dominant, the woman has babies/raises kids.

Amy also seems pretty religious which I never knew until recently when I caught a few posts on her Facebook page which I don't go to that often unless I catch her posting a cooking video.

Old 05-08-2024, 07:48 AM

Oh, no; it's the "you don't have kids" thing! Hey, lots of people who have kids agree with me about Zach and Tori. You don't happen to. But it's not worth getting all excited about. It's a tee-vee show.

Old 05-08-2024, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't recall them ever facing charges, seems like Jacob's "claim" was never formally looked into by any authority that could prosecute the accused.

I also think Jacob is/was what we would refer to as a stoner. He and his now wife were living in his van until they started living on Matt's property where they have started growing vegetables to live off of. I've never seen that he had any type of skilled job until recently when he started working on the farm I guess after Zack stopped working there. It sounds like Matt thinks Jacob is a better "fit" to eventually run the farm then Zack or Jeremy who also had worked the farm until Matt didn't let him buy the big house property.

Molly is the daughter. IIRC, she is the only one that got a career out of what she studied at college unlike any of the boys.

Jeremy didn't appear to have any skills except he and Audrey writing books about how to have a successful marriage which was a joke. They hadn't even been married long when that first book came out. They then started showing how religious they are which turned show fans off, IIRC she believes the man should be dominant, the woman has babies/raises kids.

Amy also seems pretty religious which I never knew until recently when I caught a few posts on her Facebook page which I don't go to that often unless I catch her posting a cooking video.

Don't take this as fact.. I don't know.. But I seem to recall that Jacob named the name of the person. Which.. well.. Quite frankly, if I was that person and it wasn't true.. There'd be some serious lawsuits in play. So.. I tend to believe it for that reason.

Now. I also have no idea the laws in Oregon, the statute of limitations and the like. I'd be shocked if there was a legal reason charges couldn't be brought. Eh.. "Procedural" reason is probably more accurate. If it's he said/he said.. I won't get into all the hoops there.

Something I don't quite understand.. Matt had that farm BEFORE the show. Where did all his money previously come from? We know they've been paid fairly well from the show.. But he had to have had a fair amount before to be in the position they were when the show started. I know he worked for AccuDocs or similar.. But.. Pretty sure they didn't pay him THAT much. Wouldn't think pumpkin season would bring in that much money, either.. And they couldn't have done that before owning the farm. Severely in debt? Not our business, but just wondered about that.

Jeremy and his wife.. I thought both of them did some kind of photography? If you can make a career out of it.. More power to you. Few can. And.. He had.. Didn't he have some racist controversies?

Anyway.. Again.. All of them but Molly (Thank you, names are hard) as I said.. Seem really out of touch with reality to put it politely. Jacob seems the type to be found 30 years from now mailing bombs from a cabin that has no power or running water, to be honest.

Old 05-08-2024, 03:59 PM

Matt had a couple of different careers, I believe, and was working FT when he bought the farm. He also started his stool/accessibility business. When the acquired the property, it was small acreage with a ramshackle house on it. He renovated and built on to the original house and subsequently bought out adjacent farms as they went up for sale to enlarge his to what it is today. I'm not sure when they started the pumpkin business, but I assume that was profitable, as well (even before the show). Amy also worked at some point as a part-time preschool aide and soccer coach at the kids' conservative private school and earned a little money. Matt also wrote a book. Finally, he was active in LPA (I think president?) and an inspirational public speaker for hire and pitched the idea to TDC.

The rest is history!

As for Jacob, yes, they named the TLC producer accused of abusing him. As for him being a stoner and loser, he's laughing all the way to the bank! Rumor has it he's growing weed as the next big crop on the farm (I assume it's legal there). He and his wife live on the farm, both work there (he manages the crew; she works during pumpkin season), and they apparently help Matt as needed.

Oh, and they named their son after him.

Not to say he'll inherit the farm, I'm sure they'll split it four ways, but it's kind of poetic justice.

Last edited by otterhere; 05-08-2024 at 04:07 PM..

Old Yesterday, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Matt had a couple of different careers, I believe, and was working FT when he bought the farm. He also started his stool/accessibility business. When the acquired the property, it was small acreage with a ramshackle house on it. He renovated and built on to the original house and subsequently bought out adjacent farms as they went up for sale to enlarge his to what it is today. I'm not sure when they started the pumpkin business, but I assume that was profitable, as well (even before the show). Amy also worked at some point as a part-time preschool aide and soccer coach at the kids' conservative private school and earned a little money. Matt also wrote a book. Finally, he was active in LPA (I think president?) and an inspirational public speaker for hire and pitched the idea to TDC.

The rest is history!

As for Jacob, yes, they named the TLC producer accused of abusing him. As for him being a stoner and loser, he's laughing all the way to the bank! Rumor has it he's growing weed as the next big crop on the farm (I assume it's legal there). He and his wife live on the farm, both work there (he manages the crew; she works during pumpkin season), and they apparently help Matt as needed.

Oh, and they named their son after him.

Not to say he'll inherit the farm, I'm sure they'll split it four ways, but it's kind of poetic justice.

Oh yeah.. I completely forgot about that stool business. He'd sell those stools to hotels and the like. Looking that up.. It seems to be in line with many other things Matt has done.. Starts out like a house afire.. Then just.. Burns itself out. Look at the Wedding Farm business.

There are a number of stools on the market now. Back when he was doing this, I think his was one of the first. No doubt he'd have been bought up by a larger conglomeration.. and maybe that happened and we didn't hear about it, but.. Probably.. It just faded away like many of his other ideas.

The concern I'd have about Jacob running the farm, especially if he's growing weed on it, which.. Portland for a time basically decriminalized ALL drugs, so.. I kinda imagine weed is legal in Oregon. There's a ton of regulations on growing it commercially. He doesn't really strike me as the type to stay ahead on all the paperwork. Seems he's probably great at growing it and partaking in it. But.. All the legal requirements to do the former properly.. I'd think he'd have a problem there.

He'd need someone assisting who was very business smart. And legal smart. again, while I'm sure Oregon allows weed to be grown, and the laws are likely quite lax for personal growing and use.. Commercial growing is a whole other beast.

I found the name of the producer he accused. The producer was arrested and charged in 2008, convicted in 2010, but that was in California. One would think if the charges were related to Jacob, it would have been in Oregon.

Seems to have not worked in the industry since 2018. When he got a co-exec producer credit on a show called "The 685lb Teen".. Umm.. Probably not the right show for him to have been associated with..

Last edited by Labonte18; Yesterday at 10:10 AM..

Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

The stool (and other tools useful, especially when traveling) business is still ticking along just fine... Matt offered Zach a sweet full-time job running it, but - again - he wasn't interested or was too lazy.

As for the wedding venue, Matt said in his long post after his nondisclosure expired that it was just a plot-line to keep the show going.

I'm sure Matt and the farm have an attorney they use for legal issues and "paperwork," so I wouldn't worry about that aspect. And how do we know Jacob isn't actually smartest of all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV