Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2024, 10:42 AM

22,062 posts, read 13,079,311 times

Advertisements

I believe it's TLC who "didn't renew the contracts." If anything, it was Amy and Caryn who wanted out, as they've both said so. Zach and Tori were allowed to withdraw with grace by implying that it was their decision when, in fact, they were not invited back. Who wants to look at those sour expressions and listen to those embittered, entitled attitudes another season? Not me, for one!

So, although no formal statement has been issued by TLC, the fact that they're not currently filming, per Amy, and that Matt is no longer under non-disclosure certainly suggests that the show won't be coming back anytime soon. Maybe some special updates along the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2024, 09:43 PM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I believe it's TLC who "didn't renew the contracts." If anything, it was Amy and Caryn who wanted out, as they've both said so. Zach and Tori were allowed to withdraw with grace by implying that it was their decision when, in fact, they were not invited back. Who wants to look at those sour expressions and listen to those embittered, entitled attitudes another season? Not me, for one!

So, although no formal statement has been issued by TLC, the fact that they're not currently filming, per Amy, and that Matt is no longer under non-disclosure certainly suggests that the show won't be coming back anytime soon. Maybe some special updates along the way.

Thanks for the reminder that they had not been asked back when contracts ended. It sounds like they weren't happy with how their part has been edited to fit the show. Jacob has not been on it, he has been very public about how the show portrayal of the family may not be accurate which sounds similar to what Tori is saying in the quote below.

If you read Matt's original Facebook post which I only went to after posting, I was on my cell, Matt says that back in 2010 they were done with filming the show so didn't want to continue filming once their original contract was done but that they had a change of heart eventually filming specials then they did the wedding show, then it came back to the show we have today; Matt feels that TLC may not have announced that this was the final season of the show because maybe it isn't since they walked away back in 2010, they did come back.

I enjoyed seeing Zack and Tori with their kids, I do understand that they may have had enough of filming after they could not buy the farm from Matt. I've appreciated Amy commenting about it every now and then with Matt explaining in the Facebook post. Jeremy had tried to buy it right before Zack did but they were both in 2021 at almost the same time. I'd read a few articles way back when it didn't work out for Jeremy. It sounds like Matt built his new house on the pumpkin farm section of the property and that the big house is not where they farm. He mentions how large the big house property is, 16 acres with 90 acres on Matt's share. Matt says his property and house are in a trust which will make it fair for all four of his kids.

Zach and Tori Roloff announce departure from 'Little People, Big World' - February 23, 2024, 2:47 PM

"That part of our lives, that chapter has closed."

Quote:
Zach and Tori Roloff, stars of the hit TLC series "Little People, Big World," have announced they will be leaving the show after 25 seasons.

"We are done. That part of our lives, that chapter has closed," said Tori Roloff, sitting alongside her husband Zach, on the latest episode of their podcast "Raising Heights" released Thursday.

"We've made it pretty clear," added Zach Roloff. "They haven't asked us back technically."

"Little People, Big World was a huge part of our lives -- but it was time to walk away," the couple wrote in the description of Thursday's podcast episode. "The show brought us so many amazing opportunities, great memories and so much fun. But it also challenged us to set better boundaries with filming and our kids, cope with not-so-accurate depictions of our lives and face family difficulties."

They added, "It was a great run, but we needed an adult in the room. And we made that move."

Old 05-05-2024, 09:51 PM

Again, it was not their choice; TLC is allowing them to put the best face on it. They haven't "walked away from" exploiting their children on their own social media and have obviously been trying hard for their own spin-off (unsuccessfully, I hope) this entire season. I just hope they finally get those kids the medical intervention (the boy's legs and the girl's eyes and speech delay) they obviously need. Depriving them of their grandfather is just cruel.

Good riddance!

Old 05-06-2024, 12:33 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,351,269 times
>>I just hope they finally get those kids the medical intervention (the boy's legs and the girl's eyes and speech delay) they obviously need.<<<

I have never seen bowed legs as bad as that child's. It's so sad. I do not like the parents, at all.

Old 05-06-2024, 01:44 PM

17,656 posts, read 15,352,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
>>I just hope they finally get those kids the medical intervention (the boy's legs and the girl's eyes and speech delay) they obviously need.<<<

I have never seen bowed legs as bad as that child's. It's so sad. I do not like the parents, at all.

That is usually an ongoing process to get fixed. I believe that Zach had a surgery to correct it while the show was airing back in the original run.

I'm no expert, don't put myself out as one on dwarf medical conditions, but bowed legs are.. Common.. and very painful and i think usually takes multiple surgeries to correct.

I thought I had heard that one of their kids had started the process. But.. I really haven't followed the show since early days.

Old 05-06-2024, 03:56 PM

50,412 posts, read 64,161,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
That is usually an ongoing process to get fixed. I believe that Zach had a surgery to correct it while the show was airing back in the original run.

I'm no expert, don't put myself out as one on dwarf medical conditions, but bowed legs are.. Common.. and very painful and i think usually takes multiple surgeries to correct.

I thought I had heard that one of their kids had started the process. But.. I really haven't followed the show since early days.
The children have had ongoing medical care for various dwarfism issues.

I think the show has definitely run its course. Same with The Little Couple. They are normal families, living boring lives, that nobody really cares to watch. Seeing both families growing up has brought a better understand of people with dwarfism and that was a good thing. The thing is, normal families are not entertainment material.

Old 05-06-2024, 07:41 PM

Quote:

Tori and Zach, as usual, are putting their heads in the sand when it comes to medical issues; both Zach's and the children's. The doctor called it "severe bowing" and we have only Tori's word for it (during Covid; Zach wasn't allowed to take him, although he has the experience with it) that he was okay with the "less invasive" surgery that Tori preferred that obviously didn't work. Zach, like Matt before him, had the more extreme surgery that DID work. Jackson will no doubt have to have that eventually anyway; meanwhile, his joints and bones are all out of whack; he can't walk, run, or play properly; and kids are beginning to ridicule him... But according to Tori, everything is just great!

Lilah, meanwhile, only sporadically wears the glasses and/or eyepatch that Tori found ugly and, as a result, is still cross-eyed. She's also four, going on five, and barely verbal. They also love to make fun of her. I honestly think there's something psychologically wrong with Tori, and Zach is just Zach.

But I WILL miss the show! They've become like family after years of watching. Dysfunctional family.

Old 05-06-2024, 09:10 PM

23,900 posts, read 33,655,614 times
Quote:
Again, it was not their choice; TLC is allowing them to put the best face on it. They haven't "walked away from" exploiting their children on their own social media and have obviously been trying hard for their own spin-off (unsuccessfully, I hope) this entire season. I just hope they finally get those kids the medical intervention (the boy's legs and the girl's eyes and speech delay) they obviously need. Depriving them of their grandfather is just cruel.

Good riddance!

I understand where they're coming from with moving an hour away, closer to Tori's family, and not going to the farm. Molly also moved away. Matt and Caryn go to their area when they have time. Amy also visits both Molly and Zack's family.

My mother chose to walk away from her grand kids after my father died. She only had about 15 years with my almost 40 year old son and maybe four with my 30 year old daughter. She has never met her only great grand kids.

My kids and I were easily replaced when I found the son she adopted out, so she had two new grand kids from him that were a newborn and a toddler 20 years ago. I don't think my son will ever see her again as he was the "golden grand child" in my parents eyes, he was very close to my dad. My dad was a mechanic, had left him his toolbox which my mother let my two siblings sell instead of telling him to come get it. We lived 7 blocks away. She immediately sold the new house my father had built, listing it 6 months after he died, not accepting my full price offer to buy it because my siblings said no. After dealing with the drama from my mother and two siblings, plus never hearing from my newly found brother, things may not be as they seem; which also could be true with Matt and Caryn with Zack and Tori.

I can't comment on Jackson's legs. They had gotten him leg surgery when he was younger. My grandson has an eye that floats that did not fix on it's own. He may have needed a surgery to correct it, like Hazel on Out Daughtered. He will be 11, my daughter has told him that they can fix his eye when he is ready. In all of those years, he has only said he was ready for surgery two or three times.

Quote:

I think Zack did have leg surgery like Jackson has back when the show was first on. Matt has spoken about his leg surgeries many times. His legs were worst then Zacks.

Jackson's first surgery had to be hard on both Tori and Zack. He had refused to walk for a while after the surgery due to pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
The children have had ongoing medical care for various dwarfism issues.

I think the show has definitely run its course. Same with The Little Couple. They are normal families, living boring lives, that nobody really cares to watch. Seeing both families growing up has brought a better understand of people with dwarfism and that was a good thing. The thing is, normal families are not entertainment material.

I don't think we'll see Bill and Jen on their TLC show, it was canceled. Last I read they went to court for some fraud reason having to do with their show. They were on last years season 2 episode 9 Biggest Little Farmhouse on HGTV Farmhouse Fixer show with Johnathan Knight from New Kids on the Block. They had sold their Texas house, moved near her parents in Florida, then to Massachusetts. I've seen almost every episode of the show except theirs for some reason. The show is on season 3 airing now, I'll have to find a rerun to record. Jen is working for Boston Children's Hospital's simulator program as Program Director there.

TLC still has the 7 little Johnstons. We'll see how long before they've had enough too. The show has been focusing on the kids dating, apparently the oldest girl, Elizabeth and her BF broke up, eventually got back together; she got pregnant. Their daughter is about a year old. Alex's relationship has also been featured, his GF broke up with him because he was getting too serious. He got very upset when saying good bye when they saw each other.

‘Little Couple’ Stars Lose Battle to Reclaim IP Rights - May 18, 2020

Quote:
On Monday, Jen Arnold and Bill Klein, married stars of TLC's The Little Couple,' lost a big chunk of their lawsuit over the reality series when a California federal judge rejected their fraud and conversion claims. The two also won't be able to rescind intellectual property rights — undercutting the idea that reality TV stars can regain the ability to control their name and image if not fully paid.

'

Old 05-07-2024, 06:25 AM

3,029 posts, read 2,253,180 times
Quote:
Tori and Zach, as usual, are putting their heads in the sand when it comes to medical issues; both Zach's and the children's. The doctor called it "severe bowing" and we have only Tori's word for it (during Covid; Zach wasn't allowed to take him, although he has the experience with it) that he was okay with the "less invasive" surgery that Tori preferred that obviously didn't work. Zach, like Matt before him, had the more extreme surgery that DID work. Jackson will no doubt have to have that eventually anyway; meanwhile, his joints and bones are all out of whack; he can't walk, run, or play properly; and kids are beginning to ridicule him... But according to Tori, everything is just great!

Lilah, meanwhile, only sporadically wears the glasses and/or eyepatch that Tori found ugly and, as a result, is still cross-eyed. She's also four, going on five, and barely verbal. They also love to make fun of her. I honestly think there's something psychologically wrong with Tori, and Zach is just Zach.

But I WILL miss the show! They've become like family after years of watching. Dysfunctional family.
I disagree! I like Tori, and I think that, from what has been shown, she has a pretty balanced approach to dealing with the kids and health stuff. It's a marathon, and they're making the best decisions that they can with the information they have with an eye on what's best for the long haul. They noted that it would take some time to see results of the surgery for Jackson, and speech delays are very common in achondroplasia due to hearing difficulties, anatomical challenges, etc., many of which go away as they get a little bigger (and some of which don't because they don't get much bigger). I'm no expert, but I don't believe there is any surgery or treatment that could make them do things "properly" as you say, and it's all about managing quality of life both short and long term.

I personally think they are a cute couple, well matched and with a good sense of humor. I didn't really watch the show until until the kids were getting into their own relationships, seeing how the now-spouses incorporated into the family/show, etc. I don't know how much they get paid, but I can't see how it would be worth putting up with the criticism that comes with being in the public eye. Good on them for moving on.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:28 AM

3,029 posts, read 2,253,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't think we'll see Bill and Jen on their TLC show, it was canceled. Last I read they went to court for some fraud reason having to do with their show. They were on last years season 2 episode 9 Biggest Little Farmhouse on HGTV Farmhouse Fixer show with Johnathan Knight from New Kids on the Block.
It's a reality tv mash-up!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV