Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2021, 08:14 PM

3,252 posts, read 2,336,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
Matt never seemed to begrudge Amy a new relationship or "moving on." Amy never seemed pleased with Caryn. I don't know if she'd be happy if he met someone "new" either.

I did see an episode where Amy and Chris took a motorcycle trip. On two occasions, Chris walked away from Amy without
saying a word. One time, they were out to dinner. It was pretty rude and strange. Amy told him that wasn't acceptable behavior. I wonder if that is a sign of trouble ahead.
There's a reason why Chris is in his 50's and never been married. He's an odd duck.

I was on a "Little People Big World" forum years ago and everyone complained about what a slob/hoarder Amy was. Matt tried, but Amy had no interest in changing her ways. She would yell at him when he suggested cleaning up the house or doing the laundry. Amy wouldn't let anyone touch her mess. The kids had blankets thrown on their beds but never sheets. They were probably in that huge pile in the laundry room.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2021, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
I think a lot of it is manufactured drama to keep the show “interesting”. I agree that Chris is a little strange himself. In my opinion Matt and Caryn’s relationship seems more natural and normal. Amy acts like a teenager sometimes and seems to blame everyone else for her problems. I’ve just grown to really dislike her.
I agree! She is not a nice person although she seems to be a good grandma.

Old 06-16-2021, 06:37 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,038,049 times
That was something to see, the kids when they were young with no sheets on the bed, the mess, Amy unwilling to accept a cleaning service to help out...those kids probably carried all those bad habits forward.

Zach doesn't appear to lift a finger as far as one can tell. Tori seems to do everything. Those little scenes where Zach says he came back from working on the farm are suspect to me. I can't imagine him doing any manual labor at all, or anything really. He needs to improve his image.

Many people think Chris is in it for money and fame. I guess being on a reality tv show might pay pretty well without having to do much. And if Amy bought her house cash and he lives there, he won't have any mortgage payment to think about. I think they will marry but Amy will get on his nerves, even moreso. She can't hold back.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:00 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I’ve said it before about women, but it’s also true of men....if someone is still on the vine after 35 or 40, there’s a reason why.

My brother is a really nice person. He’s 68 and never been married. He’s not gay, is nice looking, and he’s a person of character. The thing is, he likes solitude, and he is comfortable in his routine. This could be true of Chris. He seems like a nice guy who likes his orderly life. Amy is sort of cute, but honestly, if Chris hasn’t succumbed to the charms of an average women before now, why Amy?

Old 06-16-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’ve said it before about women, but it’s also true of men....if someone is still on the vine after 35 or 40, there’s a reason why.

My brother is a really nice person. He’s 68 and never been married. He’s not gay, is nice looking, and he’s a person of character. The thing is, he likes solitude, and he is comfortable in his routine. This could be true of Chris. He seems like a nice guy who likes his orderly life. Amy is sort of cute, but honestly, if Chris hasn’t succumbed to the charms of an average women before now, why Amy?
...still on the vine....

thanks for the laugh.

Old 06-16-2021, 07:26 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
What are Jeremy and Audrey's religious views?

Amy has always been a slob, boarding on hoarder. Her kitchen was always a mess, the children slept without sheets on their beds, and the laundry room was always piled high with dirty clothes. Matt used to complain about the mess in the house but Amy ignored him. She was awful to him. I can't imagine why Chris wants to live with her when he seems relatively normal and she's a slob who isn't always very nice.

Sorry, I missed your post. They're extreme Christians from what I've read. They don't believe in gay marriages, things like that.

From google:

Quote:
Jeremy and Audrey who incorporate their Christian beliefs into their everyday life. The couple has a blog titled Beating 50 Percent that's dedicated to helping other couples attain covenant marriages that follow Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
There's a reason why Chris is in his 50's and never been married. He's an odd duck.

I was on a "Little People Big World" forum years ago and everyone complained about what a slob/hoarder Amy was. Matt tried, but Amy had no interest in changing her ways. She would yell at him when he suggested cleaning up the house or doing the laundry. Amy wouldn't let anyone touch her mess. The kids had blankets thrown on their beds but never sheets. They were probably in that huge pile in the laundry room.

I don't remember her house being that bad, other then it looked like she had kids that she didn't pick up after and why should she? They should be making their own beds when they're teens, no reason for Amy to have to do it. I guess I'll have to watch an old episode one of these days.

Her new house is spotless.

Old 06-16-2021, 11:29 AM

I'm all for kids picking up after themselves but Amy and Matt didn't seem to enforce any rules like that since so much of what was caught on camera was a very messy house.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbe View Post
That was something to see, the kids when they were young with no sheets on the bed, the mess, Amy unwilling to accept a cleaning service to help out...those kids probably carried all those bad habits forward.

Zach doesn't appear to lift a finger as far as one can tell. Tori seems to do everything. Those little scenes where Zach says he came back from working on the farm are suspect to me. I can't imagine him doing any manual labor at all, or anything really. He needs to improve his image.

Many people think Chris is in it for money and fame. I guess being on a reality tv show might pay pretty well without having to do much. And if Amy bought her house cash and he lives there, he won't have any mortgage payment to think about. I think they will marry but Amy will get on his nerves, even moreso. She can't hold back.
Yes to everything you've said here!

Amy will never allow a cleaning service because like all hoarders, she doesn't want anyone to touch her stuff. How is Chris going to stand sharing an office with her? Her side of the office is a complete mess and is likely to stay that way.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:47 PM

>>>if Chris hasn’t succumbed to the charms of an average woman before now, why Amy?<<<

Excellent question! I have NO idea.

Old 06-16-2021, 08:51 PM

I don't remember her house being that bad, other then it looked like she had kids that she didn't pick up after and why should she? They should be making their own beds when they're teens, no reason for Amy to have to do it. I guess I'll have to watch an old episode one of these days.

Her new house is spotless.[/quote]

Kids have to be trained to change the sheets on their beds and pick up after themselves. They aren't born knowing how to do that stuff, that's why they have parents to teach them and stay after them to do it until it's ingrained. Most parents don't just give up and allow their children to sleep on a mattress on the floor without sheets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV