Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 11:17 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,851,961 times

Advertisements

I had no idea this was still airing, but when I saw the old thread resurrected, I was interested to check it out.

We no longer get cable, but I'd had my fill of what used to be a nice program, during Tori's pregnancy, when Zach took every opportunity to sniff that he wanted the baby to be a "little person," like him. No, not that he'd accept any child with love, but that he wanted that.

I guess that's what happens when euphemisms like " little people" are used, and when a disability is reduced to one's being "little," as opposed to being "average height."

I always thought Zach was indulged, but his wishing that his child would be a dwarf, confirmed his selfishness. With his history of related illnesses, and all of of his operations and challenges, he should be the last one (if anyone would) to wish that on his child.

Dwarfism is a severe condition, affecting much more than one's "height." So much for LPBW being a reality show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2019, 05:27 AM

4,726 posts, read 4,433,731 times
[quote=Roselvr;54857527]Little People, Big World was on last night. I didn't see it. On the commercials; it looks like Matt wants out of the farm. If they decide to sell the farm, I guess that will be the end of the show, after all, that's what the show focuses on. Who would want to watch Matt and Karen in Arizona? I sure don't. Of course Amy could run the farm with Zack and Jeremy but Jeremy and Audrey left the show. I assume it's over money. Last season was their 1st full season being back home. I could see them wanting a bigger paycheck from TLC.

I thought the future of the show was going to be improving the farm for the grand kids; or that's what they said last season.

That leaves Zach, Tori and their son Jackson. According to what I'm reading on Google, he has a 2nd mortgage on his house and is broke; yet another article lists him as having $300,000 from filming.

Matt and Amy are supposedly worth 4.5 million. It would be nice if Amy bought Matt out, then moved Zack and Tori into Matt's house.

Some articles

Matt and Amy Roloff Dropped 4 Bombshells During the 'Little People, Big World' Premiere - Including the real reason why they got divorced. - By Michelle Manetti - Apr 3, 2019

Very interesting read- especially for fair weather viewers like myself (and Roselvr)- thank you for posting and bringing us more up to date.

Old 04-05-2019, 07:17 AM

23,890 posts, read 33,625,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I had no idea this was still airing, but when I saw the old thread resurrected, I was interested to check it out.

We no longer get cable, but I'd had my fill of what used to be a nice program, during Tori's pregnancy, when Zach took every opportunity to sniff that he wanted the baby to be a "little person," like him. No, not that he'd accept any child with love, but that he wanted that.

I guess that's what happens when euphemisms like " little people" are used, and when a disability is reduced to one's being "little," as opposed to being "average height."

I always thought Zach was indulged, but his wishing that his child would be a dwarf, confirmed his selfishness. With his history of related illnesses, and all of of his operations and challenges, he should be the last one (if anyone would) to wish that on his child.

Dwarfism is a severe condition, affecting much more than one's "height." So much for LPBW being a reality show.
From memory Zack was ok with the baby being little or average height; swaying more towards wanting a little person. Of course he would want a baby just like him. Look at his parents; they're both dwarfs that only had one dwarf baby out of 4. Chances are if they have another baby, it will probably be average height.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Little People, Big World was on last night. I didn't see it. On the commercials; it looks like Matt wants out of the farm. If they decide to sell the farm, I guess that will be the end of the show, after all, that's what the show focuses on. Who would want to watch Matt and Karen in Arizona? I sure don't. Of course Amy could run the farm with Zack and Jeremy but Jeremy and Audrey left the show. I assume it's over money. Last season was their 1st full season being back home. I could see them wanting a bigger paycheck from TLC.

I thought the future of the show was going to be improving the farm for the grand kids; or that's what they said last season.

That leaves Zach, Tori and their son Jackson. According to what I'm reading on Google, he has a 2nd mortgage on his house and is broke; yet another article lists him as having $300,000 from filming.

Matt and Amy are supposedly worth 4.5 million. It would be nice if Amy bought Matt out, then moved Zack and Tori into Matt's house.

Some articles

Matt and Amy Roloff Dropped 4 Bombshells During the 'Little People, Big World' Premiere - Including the real reason why they got divorced. - By Michelle Manetti - Apr 3, 2019

Very interesting read- especially for fair weather viewers like myself (and Roselvr)- thank you for posting and bringing us more up to date.
I was surprised to see no one has posted about the show since 2010. I could have sworn there was a thread going in the last year or 2 but only one other thread came up; it was posted around the same time as this one.

I see I spelled Caryn wrong... As for Matt and Amy divorcing; it wouldn't surprise me if Matt an Caryn were flirting with each other. From what I remember, the divorce came out of left field because from what I remember, Matt and Amy were actually getting along when he sprung it on her. I think Matt got tired of Amy telling him no with his many projects.

Now Matt wants to marry Caryn... She is no dummy. She knows Matt has money. I'm sure she doesn't mind caring for him to get some of that money. Time may tell whether she starts putting her foot down with his many projects once they're married and he's spending joint money.

Old 04-05-2019, 08:33 AM

17,616 posts, read 15,317,330 times
One the oldest kids got out of high school.. This show just took a dive for me.. It really became less about the struggles of little people in the world and more about this wacky family, and really started showing how wacky the family was.

Old 06-12-2021, 04:38 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,047,781 times
Anyone still watching this? They really are struggling to find things to film.

Old 06-12-2021, 05:13 AM

4,726 posts, read 4,433,731 times
I still watch it- still not every episode and still not faithfully watching it but recently I have caught some of the more recent ( at least to me) episodes. If I remember correctly, the focus was on Amy actually packing up and getting her stuff out of there ( and she seems to have tons o stuff!) and then Matt offering THE farm as a venue for Amy and Chris' wedding.
Chris seems like a nice guy, but something seems possibly a bit off with him. Not in a major way but something just seems different with him.
So yes, I am still watching!

Old 06-12-2021, 05:43 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,047,781 times
I can't figure Chris out. He seems very low key and soft spoken. Has a lot of patience with Amy. He seems fascinated with Matt.

As far as Caryn and Matt, I have a theory. I remember when Matt complained a lot about his mobility, etc. years ago. I think he struck a bargain with Caryn to have her be more of a "caregiver" in case he needs that in the future; or a companion. I have not seen one instance where there was an ounce of romance or chemistry between those two.

Old 06-12-2021, 05:56 AM

611 posts, read 531,705 times
We still watch. Chris need to get on his motorcycle and get as far away from Amy as possible. I don’t understand that attraction in any way and I’m not talking about just physical. She’s a nut.

Old 06-12-2021, 08:41 AM

20,717 posts, read 4,472,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preston3124 View Post
We still watch. Chris need to get on his motorcycle and get as far away from Amy as possible. I don’t understand that attraction in any way and I’m not talking about just physical. She’s a nut.
It doesn't help the cause, when her to friends feed her craziness. I mainly watch it to see how the kids are doing.

Old 06-12-2021, 09:40 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,240,391 times
I watch. I'm in Oregon so I like to see what's going on in that area inland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV