Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2021, 08:00 AM

11,769 posts, read 5,783,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
One the oldest kids got out of high school.. This show just took a dive for me.. It really became less about the struggles of little people in the world and more about this wacky family, and really started showing how wacky the family was.
I quit watching when they started on all the trips back when Matt wanted to put in a zip line. I lost my interest when it was less about a dwarf's struggles in a world of normal sized people.

I use to like Amy and thought Matt needed her to keep him grounded but I guess she's changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2021, 09:17 AM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
I’m watching the new ones. I’m more on Matt’s side now than Amy’s. When the kids were growing up, the house was always a shambles because the whole family was slovenly. Now, it seems like the kids and Matt are orderly, and it’s Amy who is the pack rat.

I foresee trouble ahead for Amy and Chris, as far as Chris needing order and Amy not caring about clutter. I’m reminded of some of the Hoarder episodes when the husband of the hoarder says it wasn’t too bad when they got married, but then it snowballed.

I really wonder if Amy will ever get married to Chris? Such a coincidence that both Amy and Matt found partners to carry on the story line. If they hadnt, there would be nothing to watch,

Old 06-14-2021, 11:24 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,533,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I’m watching the new ones. I’m more on Matt’s side now than Amy’s. When the kids were growing up, the house was always a shambles because the whole family was slovenly. Now, it seems like the kids and Matt are orderly, and it’s Amy who is the pack rat.

I foresee trouble ahead for Amy and Chris, as far as Chris needing order and Amy not caring about clutter. I’m reminded of some of the Hoarder episodes when the husband of the hoarder says it wasn’t too bad when they got married, but then it snowballed.

I really wonder if Amy will ever get married to Chris? Such a coincidence that both Amy and Matt found partners to carry on the story line. If they hadnt, there would be nothing to watch,

I've been watching all these years, still tuning in.

It's interesting to me that both of them went with average height people. I'm not surprised Matt went with Karen because you could always tell she seemed to have a thing for him. Amy has said she used to find inappropriate notes left to Matt from Karen. The divorce was a surprise to her, me too lol. I'm glad Amy found Chris, he compliments her.

The stuff in the garage is from the big house. I wonder if it's more there for a story line because it really took nothing for Chris to put it on a shelf so she could deal with it.

They will get married, I'm sure of that.

I wonder if Matt will marry Karen since he's worth a lot of money. I can't see him wanting to pay another ex-wife off. They don't look too affectionate to me like Amy and Chris are.

Jeremy was interested in buying the farm then Zack came in the picture, I guess because Jeremy and Audrey aren't on the show any more because people dislike their religious views. I do wonder if he will end up buying in too but off camera. There should be enough property on the farm for he and Audrey to build their own place.

Old 06-14-2021, 12:33 PM

3,251 posts, read 2,334,760 times
What are Jeremy and Audrey's religious views?

Amy has always been a slob, boarding on hoarder. Her kitchen was always a mess, the children slept without sheets on their beds, and the laundry room was always piled high with dirty clothes. Matt used to complain about the mess in the house but Amy ignored him. She was awful to him. I can't imagine why Chris wants to live with her when he seems relatively normal and she's a slob who isn't always very nice.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:23 PM

4,724 posts, read 4,415,751 times
oh my I guess I didn't watch it so much because I don't remember the house being such a clutterfest or that they slept without sheets?! Honestly must have missed all of that.
When I have been watching though, my impression was that Matt was a lot more high strung and not very nice. Reading the comments here is making me think I may have missed a lot more.
I do agree that I don't see much like or affection with Matt and Karen.
Also waiting to find out about Zach's religious take.
Very interesting.

Old 06-14-2021, 01:29 PM

50,344 posts, read 63,928,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
What are Jeremy and Audrey's religious views?

Amy has always been a slob, boarding on hoarder. Her kitchen was always a mess, the children slept without sheets on their beds, and the laundry room was always piled high with dirty clothes. Matt used to complain about the mess in the house but Amy ignored him. She was awful to him. I can't imagine why Chris wants to live with her when he seems relatively normal and she's a slob who isn't always very nice.
The kids all went to a private Christian school, so I think they’re all mainstream Protestant. As I remember, all the boys were lackluster students. Only Molly was studious.

Old 06-14-2021, 02:04 PM

1,937 posts, read 701,263 times
Matt never seemed to begrudge Amy a new relationship or "moving on." Amy never seemed pleased with Caryn. I don't know if she'd be happy if he met someone "new" either.

I did see an episode where Amy and Chris took a motorcycle trip. On two occasions, Chris walked away from Amy without
saying a word. One time, they were out to dinner. It was pretty rude and strange. Amy told him that wasn't acceptable behavior. I wonder if that is a sign of trouble ahead.

Old 06-14-2021, 03:31 PM

655 posts, read 1,128,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
Matt never seemed to begrudge Amy a new relationship or "moving on." Amy never seemed pleased with Caryn. I don't know if she'd be happy if he met someone "new" either.

I did see an episode where Amy and Chris took a motorcycle trip. On two occasions, Chris walked away from Amy without
saying a word. One time, they were out to dinner. It was pretty rude and strange. Amy told him that wasn't acceptable behavior. I wonder if that is a sign of trouble ahead.

I think there is something off with Chris too. The moment they started dating I thought he was weird. He seems really unemotional and almost like he was cornered into marrying her. He just doesn't seem like he is really in love with her. He also acts quite superior around her.

Amy drives me a little nuts too. I hate how she has a sweet, soft, voice when talking to the camera but in real life she is a lot more harsh. I also agree with the poster that said she was a slob. Her house always looked in disarray....more than just because she had four kids. When she was packing for the move the amount of disorganization and clutter in that process was annoying. Of course she kept needing to ask for more time to move out. She finally had to have friends come and help her out.

Matt has his issues but at least he is a doer and has a vision for things. He may need to slow down sometimes and not be so impulsive but you don't grow a family farm into that booming business without some vision and smarts.

The whole dynamic of that show is just weird now.

Old 06-14-2021, 04:48 PM

609 posts, read 529,085 times
I think a lot of it is manufactured drama to keep the show “interesting”. I agree that Chris is a little strange himself. In my opinion Matt and Caryn’s relationship seems more natural and normal. Amy acts like a teenager sometimes and seems to blame everyone else for her problems. I’ve just grown to really dislike her.

Old 06-15-2021, 07:48 PM

609 posts, read 529,085 times
That Jackson is one cute kid though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV