Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2021, 01:05 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,348,915 times

Advertisements

Matt didn't discuss his projects with Amy because he knew she would always tell him 'no'. If Matt now has the money, on his own, to build stuff around the farm, why not? He doesn't have to answer to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2021, 05:38 PM

11,880 posts, read 5,847,794 times
I stopped watching this long ago because of Amy's nastiness and because of the farce. Crying poor mouth all the time while taking trips to Hawaii, putting in zip lines ect.

I have a friend who's divorced and gets along well with her ex as does her current husband. They actually lived with the ex nd his new wife until their home was finished when they moved. It's not something I would be comfortable with but not everyone wishes the worst for their ex and can end things amicably.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:29 PM

50,403 posts, read 64,129,909 times
I really like Matt’s GF, Caryn. They are in no hurry to get married, but just enjoy each other’s company. At their stage of life, that’s fine. It is not lost on Amy that since Caryn and Matt get on so well, it makes her look more unreasonable.

It’s no wonder Amy and Matt didn’t get along. Matt is an action guy, and Amy probably takes 2 weeks to decide what kind of toilet paper to buy.

I understand that Matt was pushy and controlling while they were married, but Amy has plenty of flaws too. I hope Amy and Chris are very happy, but I fail to see what he sees in her. It would be hard enough for a confirmed bachelor to adjust to marriage, but even harder for them because they seem so opposite.

Old 09-06-2021, 03:00 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,348,915 times
I don't understand how Chris can live with Amy's messes and her inability to make a simple decision about anything. She'll drive him crazy.

Old 09-07-2021, 02:39 AM

23,893 posts, read 33,638,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I really like Matt’s GF, Caryn. They are in no hurry to get married, but just enjoy each other’s company. At their stage of life, that’s fine. It is not lost on Amy that since Caryn and Matt get on so well, it makes her look more unreasonable.

It’s no wonder Amy and Matt didn’t get along. Matt is an action guy, and Amy probably takes 2 weeks to decide what kind of toilet paper to buy.

I understand that Matt was pushy and controlling while they were married, but Amy has plenty of flaws too. I hope Amy and Chris are very happy, but I fail to see what he sees in her. It would be hard enough for a confirmed bachelor to adjust to marriage, but even harder for them because they seem so opposite.

I'm more like Amy where I don't jump into things quick like Matt does. With Amy moving out of the house and signing all the financial buy out papers, we're being told it took a certain amount of time but the reality is we really do not know if it's true. Their son Jacob has said that there are actually 2 Roloff families, the real one and the family portrayed on TV. To me it sounds heavily scripted more so than most shows.

We have to remember that the divorce was totally unexpected for Amy. Matt didn't give her any clues that he was divorcing her until it happened, then of course it went quick because Matt was done with the marriage, wanting to move on with Caryn. That would hurt most people with how quick he started dating her.

I never said Amy didn't have flaws, she does. Chris has his flaws, so do Matt and Caryn.

Things are not as bad with their together relationship as we've been led to believe because if it was, Amy would not have been going back to do pumpkin season. Why would she care about it since she doesn't own it? Same with Chris having Matt's number. If Matt and Amy really had a strained relationship, I think Chris would be smart enough to not communicate with him at all. I think their digs at each other on their interviews are all said to make people think that they're slowly trying to be more than civil because of the kids. I think the "real" people have moved on before we knew it. Probably when the grand kids were born.

I still watch it because I've seen it since show 1. I like the family, seeing them grow. It doesn't bother me yet that it's heavily scripted.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:29 AM

313 posts, read 271,203 times
My daughter was filmed at the pumpkin patch. She signed a waiver and was told she'd appear in an episode. She was unaware she was filmed as Jackson approached and interacted with her. The footage wasn't used. She's also met the cast...
Years ago she applied for employment, receiving a call back email from Karen T or C. But at that point my daughter was too busy with college for work.
The family are regular people....The storylines are created; edited.

Old 09-17-2021, 06:44 AM

3,971 posts, read 4,049,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassTacksGal View Post
Matt didn't discuss his projects with Amy because he knew she would always tell him 'no'. If Matt now has the money, on his own, to build stuff around the farm, why not? He doesn't have to answer to anyone.
Matt would drive anyone crazy with his "projects". There was so much passive aggressive stuff going on between those two.

Amy is still full of venom and I don't think she's acting.

Old 12-02-2022, 12:32 PM

22,029 posts, read 13,054,832 times
Bumping up: anyone else on Matt's side in all this???

Old 12-02-2022, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj10 View Post
I could never figure out the attraction Chris has for Amy. He is 55 never been married before and he chooses Amy who can be, in my opinion, pretty nasty and controlling. He really seems like a nice guy. Very calm and laid back person. Guess that is why he can be in a relationship with her. He doesn't let her get to him. Just watching the episodes of them (or really Amy) planning the wedding would make me cringe at times. She would complain about the fact that he didn't want to help with the preparations and yet every time he had an idea she wouldn't like it and it had to be her way. The way she put him down at times was not easy to watch.

Amy is very bitter about her divorce from Matt and cannot seem to get over it. She has found a great guy and yet she cannot help making sarcastic digs about Matt whenever she can. I don't understand why she is so bitter because she complained about Matt all the time when they were married and didn't want to be married to him anyway. From watching the latest episodes Matt seems to be trying to get along and have a good relationship with her. He is the one who had the idea of offering them the farm to get married if they needed a place.

I also don't understand why she is so against Chris being friendly with Matt. They have found they have some things in common but she has told Chris she doesn't like him spending time with Matt. I think it would be great if Amy could drop her bad attitude and they would all get along. Also, it would make it easier when they would get together for family gatherings.
Agree with all this.

Chris's main attraction to Amy is that he doesn't think she would (or could, given probably not having many options) ever cheat on him; he's said this several times on the show. Apparently one long-term girlfriend did, and he seems to have been traumatized by it. He feels "safe" with her. Oh, and "it's just so easy."

As for why she doesn't like him being friendly with Matt, it's because she's painted him as the villain in this melodrama, and if he gets to know him, he may realize that it took two to tango or even that it was Amy who was mostly at fault in their marriage; she fears that.

Yes, Amy continues to be very bitter about EVERYTHING. You would think if she were that miserable being married to the evil Matt, she'd be thanking her lucky stars to be divorced and not continually grousing about it. Basically, that's her personality: always complaining! Unfortunately, she has a large fan base of equally bitter divorced women who back her up.

As for the recent drama with Zach and Tori and the farm, I'm 100% Team Matt.

Old 12-02-2022, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I don't remember her house being that bad, other then it looked like she had kids that she didn't pick up after and why should she? They should be making their own beds when they're teens, no reason for Amy to have to do it. I guess I'll have to watch an old episode one of these days.

Her new house is spotless.
Catching up on old posts. You seem to be an Amy fan!

You don't "remember" the house being messy? It was always a pigsty, including Zach peeing in a corner rather than going to the actual bathroom. Trash everywhere, everything busted up from rough-housing, filthy living conditions. Amy stated that she wanted her kids to "have fun." Matt tried and tried to impose order, but running the house and raising the kids was Amy's territory, and woe to him if he so much as voiced an opinion. He hired an organizer one time when, as I recall, they could no longer get into the basement, and Amy went ballistic. Even long after all the kids had left home, Amy lived in a sea of clutter.

As I also recall, having a cleaning woman come into the new house regularly was part of Chris's and Amy's move-in agreement pre-marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV