Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2013, 10:35 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,219,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoAZnative View Post
I think Jesse is going to kill Skylar.
Hank will never go along with that. Jesse knows Hank will stick him jail. He won't be able to do anything from jail and will be killed there. Jesse knows his plan has to be good enough that Hank will approve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 10:42 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,188,045 times
Just because we know more about Jesse and therefore feel more affection toward him, doesn't mean that Hank "broke bad" by not caring if Jesse gets killed. He hasn't had the luxury of forming any sort of affection for Jesse. All he knows about Jesse is BAD. Hank wants bad guys out of the picture - in jail, killed, deported - doesn't matter to him. Black and white world.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Saul was a nobody until he got involved with Walt.
That's not true. Saul had/has all of the connections. He was already working with Gus and Mike when he met Walt. He introduced Walt to Gus and Mike. Walt would have been nobody if he hadn't met Saul.

Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul – AMC

Last edited by Hopes; 09-02-2013 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: typo

Old 09-02-2013, 10:59 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,218,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowesthand View Post
OK I'm confused...Flynn?.....is that Walt jr. ?
Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just because we know more about Jesse and therefore feel more affection toward him, doesn't mean that Hank "broke bad" by not caring if Jesse gets killed. He hasn't had the luxury of forming any sort of affection for Jesse. All he knows about Jesse is BAD. Hank wants bad guys out of the picture - in jail, killed, deported - doesn't matter to him. Black and white world.
I get that Hank wants bad guys put away but he was almost gleeful thinking Jesse was going to get killed & he'd have it on tape. So a cop is sending somebody into a situation where he thinks most likely they will be killed that isn't being a good cop. A good cop would have thought of something to get the evidence he needed without losing lives over it.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,188,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Yes

I get that Hank wants bad guys put away but he was almost gleeful thinking Jesse was going to get killed & he'd have it on tape. So a cop is sending somebody into a situation where he thinks most likely they will be killed that isn't being a good cop. A good cop would have thought of something to get the evidence he needed without losing lives over it.
I think his goal wasn't to get Jesse killed, but was to get Walt caught - and Jesse is, in Hank's mind, possibly expendable, since he's a bad guy. Bad guys get what's coming to them sometimes, is what I think Hank feels like, and his goal is to get Walt - especially now that he feels that Walt is endangering not only his own kids, but Marie and even Hank, as well as Skyler. I think Hank sees Jesse as perhaps having to be sacrificed for the safety of people who "aren't bad" in Hank's world of good vs evil. To him, Jesse is as evil as Walt. He's at least willing to take that chance with Jesse's life in order to save the lives of innocent people.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:09 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,182,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Jesse always comes up with good plans. The magnet, how to rob the train, etc.

Yeah, science, b-itch!!

Old 09-02-2013, 11:11 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,694,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's not true. Saul had/has all of the connections. He was already working with Gus and Mike when he met Walk. He introduced Walt to Gus and Mike. Walt would have been nobody if he hadn't met Saul.

Breaking Bad - Better Call Saul – AMC
Walts still a rookie compared to Saul, the week before last Walt was checking Sauls car for a tracker, Saul had to be polite about telling Walt he was doing it wrong.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I disagree. If Hank hasn't gone bad, then that means Hank was always bad and we're only seeing absolute proof of it now. His being a cop isn't an excuse for being so black and white. Hank's partner was able to feel empathy for Jesse after listening to him share what has happened. His partner is a cop and he's not seeing black and white.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:26 AM

12,055 posts, read 6,602,779 times
Quote:
[color="Blue"]

Exactly.
Hank is sending a person to be likely killed so HE can benefit. He benefits career wise by capturing the famous "Heisenberg", and he benefits personally by now being able to dispel the fake confession tape ruining his and Marie's life. I think Hank's motivations about capturing Heisenberg were good intentions in the beginning (get the bad guys off the streets), but became too personal once he knew it was Walt, and grew more intense as he saw how duped he'd been and how Walt tricked him with the confession tape.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:31 AM

1,205 posts, read 2,694,944 times
Quote:
Yes

When it comes right down to it I don't think Hank did anything illegal here. Hank follows the rules, whether the rules are good or bad is a matter of opinion.

Not sure why you are typing in all blue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV