Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 01:17 PM

14,764 posts, read 14,752,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Agreed. She is so neurotic and clearly unequipped to handle the muscle end of things, yet she's proven herself to be a survivor. I would be surprised if she were killed, honestly. She's annoying, but surprisingly essential to the distribution networks and just seemingly clueless enough to not be threatening (though I don't think she is clueless at all).
She's a cockroach....I wouldn't be surprised if she's the only one left when everything is done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 02:06 PM

5,914 posts, read 7,038,833 times
Earlier, Marie had wanted Hank to go to the DEA to turn in Walt, but Hank said it would be his "last day" there. With Gomez watching Jessie's confession, does that change things? Is Gomez now in the same boat with Hank (to be fired, etc) ?

Old 09-03-2013, 02:21 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,339,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Think of the set up during the scene at the meeting - Jessee seeing a possible hit man at the meeting site, writing in that the "hitman" was actually some dude wating for his children after Jessee left, the script obviously was written to reflect Jessee being suspicious of Hank at that moment in time. he was practically in a panic state. So any scenario of him working with Mr. White is simply not plausable to the story. I think people are overthinking this...the writers suprise at time, but they have never resorted to cheapness and disbelief in the plot, or left out continuity for the purpose of suprise.
Working with Walt doesn't mean he wouldn't be afraid of Walt. He'd still be paranoid when going to the meeting.

They have left out continuity for the purpose of surprise. They often switch to the future and back to the past so you're surprised by what happened. The same occurred when Walt walked into the house and found the gas can. They went back in the past to show us that Hank came and got Jesse. They can easily do the same thing by going back in the past and showing us what Jesse did in the bathroom.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:25 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,339,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don6170 View Post
Earlier, Marie had wanted Hank to go to the DEA to turn in Walt, but Hank said it would be his "last day" there. With Gomez watching Jessie's confession, does that change things? Is Gomez now in the same boat with Hank (to be fired, etc) ?
I doubt Gomez knows about Hanks "confession video" that implicates Hank. If Hank doesn't handle this black-ops investigation properly, Gomez will go up the ladder and report what's happening. I don't think Gomez puts partner brotherhood above doing the right thing. We've seen him continually question Hank's decisions and actions throughout the seasons.

Old 09-03-2013, 02:55 PM

3,050 posts, read 5,005,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Working with Walt doesn't mean he wouldn't be afraid of Walt. He'd still be paranoid when going to the meeting.

They have left out continuity for the purpose of surprise. They often switch to the future and back to the past so you're surprised by what happened. The same occurred when Walt walked into the house and found the gas can. They went back in the past to show us that Hank came and got Jesse. They can easily do the same thing by going back in the past and showing us what Jesse did in the bathroom.
Exactly. Often the writers will make us think we are seeing one thing but later scenes reveal that we were actually seeing something completely different. This technique has been used brilliantly in this show right from the beginning. Was Jesse really scared of the bald guy? Of course, that is what we are supposed to think.

Now, the idea of Walt and Jesse working together at this point is still a long shot, in my eyes, and it would take some exceptional writing to fill in the gaps to make it plausible. But I would not rule it out.

At the very least, I got the feeling that Walt knew he was being watched.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:52 PM

14,764 posts, read 14,752,723 times
Interesting blog from the Washington Post about the realism of the meth business aspect of BB:
Here’s what ‘Breaking Bad’ gets right, and wrong, about the meth business

Old 09-04-2013, 08:14 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,502,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Interesting blog from the Washington Post about the realism of the meth business aspect of BB:
Here’s what ‘Breaking Bad’ gets right, and wrong, about the meth business
Very very interesting. Thanks for posting this.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:15 AM

287 posts, read 238,534 times
Interesting tidbit:

The final episode of BB is called "Felina"

Fe-Li-Na

Iron-Lithium-Sodium

Blood-Meth-Tears

Old 09-04-2013, 10:31 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,502,087 times
I read that here in this article which also poses a few other theories. It's a pretty cool idea.

I kind of like the theory elsewhere on the internet that it's a callback to Marty Robbins' "El Paso" in which the narrator of the song goes back to visit his beloved Falina, but is murdered in a revenge killing. Makes some sense given that Mr. Lambert/Walter White has returned from somewhere, now armed with a M60, a ricin tablet, a nasty cough and beard, and a belly full of diner eggs and bacon.

Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 AM

6,526 posts, read 6,739,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver8ack View Post
Interesting tidbit:

The final episode of BB is called "Felina"

Fe-Li-Na

Iron-Lithium-Sodium

Blood-Meth-Tears
Brilliant. Positively genius. Felina is also the same letters as finale, rearranged. I love the multiple meanings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV