Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 09:58 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,426,512 times

Advertisements

I missed it Didn't know it was back on...........crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 05:17 PM

563 posts, read 1,027,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I caught it and I think he sent the wrong couple home. I hope the loudmouth goes home next week, because she is really getting on my nerves. She overpowers everyone and she talks a big game, but she can't deliver. Then, to make matters worse, she thinks she's all that. He should have sent her home for the simple fact that she hasn't taken the initiative and become head chef. She must be nuts to think she can sit back and let everyone lead, while she walks to the victory. It won't happen and I hope her team loses next week so she can go home.
I agree with you. She reminds me of the bumper sticker "mean people suck". Here's hoping she is the next to go. Do you ever get the feeling her daughter (right?) is embarrassed by her actions?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
I missed it Didn't know it was back on...........crap.
I almost missed it too but caught it about 20 mins. into the show. Never saw any ads for it and now I hope they actually show the rest of the episodes.

Old 06-21-2009, 08:32 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,469,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I agree with you. She reminds me of the bumper sticker "mean people suck". Here's hoping she is the next to go. Do you ever get the feeling her daughter (right?) is embarrassed by her actions?
I think her daughter sits there saying to herself, "Please let the floor open and swallow me! God, are you listening? Please, let the floor open and swallow me NOW!" She never says ANYTHING when her mom is running off at the mouth and she always looks as if she wants to apologize for her mom's crazy behavior. I'm tempted to cheat and watch them on hulu, but I like the suspense of waiting a week to know the results. I think the reason we find it boring is we're used to Gordon and his outbursts. Chef White doesn't really say anything and seems to be a brooding guy. I like that he doesn't judge the teams, because Gordon tends to favor women and there are times they win challenges they shouldn't.

Old 06-22-2009, 08:07 AM

senalj - that is a good way to put it regarding the daughter of Loudmouth.
And you bring up a good point about the judging on this show. I did like the judge/food critic this episode because she admitted she made a decision that night, but changed it the next morning because, as she put it - it is about the food. When I am watching I wish I could taste the food and judge it too!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Did anyone catch Chopping Block last week? I recorded it, but it was replaced with the special on Farah Fawcett. I was able to see it on Time Warner's Prime Time on Demand. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone by posting the results if no one else caught it.

Old 07-04-2009, 05:39 PM

Did anyone catch it last night, July 3rd? The loudmouth - Angela, I believe - is finally gone. And boy, she sure was snotty to Chef White when he asked all of them questions. Chef White called her and her daughter very arrogant - yep!! I almost think that team lost just so she could get kicked off the show. (No, I don't trust any of these shows - strictly entertainment. ...I guess)

Old 07-04-2009, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Did anyone catch it last night, July 3rd? The loudmouth - Angela, I believe - is finally gone. And boy, she sure was snotty to Chef White when he asked all of them questions. Chef White called her and her daughter very arrogant - yep!! I almost think that team lost just so she could get kicked off the show. (No, I don't trust any of these shows - strictly entertainment. ...I guess)
I thought the same thing. There is no way the black team should have lost based on the critic's critique. He said he liked their veal better and while he got on Dean's case about the carbonara, he admitted it was sometimes made the way Dean made it. I think the next team to go will be the girls on the red team. But Angela and her daughter needed to go. Did you notice Angela was talking a lot, but not explaining anything? She is some piece of work and she should have been gone before the two young guys who were eliminated last from the black team.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I thought the same thing. There is no way the black team should have lost based on the critic's critique. He said he liked their veal better and while he got on Dean's case about the carbonara, he admitted it was sometimes made the way Dean made it. I think the next team to go will be the girls on the red team. But Angela and her daughter needed to go. Did you notice Angela was talking a lot, but not explaining anything? She is some piece of work and she should have been gone before the two young guys who were eliminated last from the black team.
Yes, I noticed Angela talking but not explaining. Just being very defensive and mean! And how about during service her telling the other chef she was happy with everything, blah-blah-blah, with that snotty, ms.-know-it-all attitude.
Yes, I agree that she should have gone home before the two young guys. So, I predict next to go are the young sisters. Personally I want Dean and his wife to win. I think they want it and deserve it the most. The other married couple - well the guy seems out of his element to me - kind of a bumbling idiot out there. And I am not that impressed with his wife chef. (I think they are married.)

Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Yes, I noticed Angela talking but not explaining. Just being very defensive and mean! And how about during service her telling the other chef she was happy with everything, blah-blah-blah, with that snotty, ms.-know-it-all attitude.
Yes, I agree that she should have gone home before the two young guys. So, I predict next to go are the young sisters. Personally I want Dean and his wife to win. I think they want it and deserve it the most. The other married couple - well the guy seems out of his element to me - kind of a bumbling idiot out there. And I am not that impressed with his wife chef. (I think they are married.)
They're actually divorced. I think it's nice they can work together like that, but he does seem lost. He couldn't make an espresso, so he blamed it on the "cheap" espresso maker. I hope Dean and his wife win, too. I think they're the best out of the candidates who are left. I also think they understand more what it is to have compassion for others. Dean was wise not to try to throw Angela under the bus. That's what made Chef White continue to go back to the babies at the bar. He had to find a way to get rid of Angela and she did it to herself. Before this challenge, she didn't want to step up and be the head chef and it bit her in the behind. She was a horrible head chef and didn't run her kitchen correctly. For all that talk, she was not a good leader or follower. I can't believe she got those little bitty clams!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV