Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:30 PM

563 posts, read 1,026,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
They're actually divorced. I think it's nice they can work together like that, but he does seem lost. He couldn't make an espresso, so he blamed it on the "cheap" espresso maker. I hope Dean and his wife win, too. I think they're the best out of the candidates who are left. I also think they understand more what it is to have compassion for others. Dean was wise not to try to throw Angela under the bus. That's what made Chef White continue to go back to the babies at the bar. He had to find a way to get rid of Angela and she did it to herself. Before this challenge, she didn't want to step up and be the head chef and it bit her in the behind. She was a horrible head chef and didn't run her kitchen correctly. For all that talk, she was not a good leader or follower. I can't believe she got those little bitty clams!
I like all the points you brought up.
About Dean being wise regarding Angela - FOR SURE! It is a good reflection on him - he seems like he has a lot of integrity (his wife, too). After the other night I like him even more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 AM

senalj - are you there?? Did you watch Chopping Block last night? I think we are the only two still watching it. ha-ha! Dean and his wife going home was a bummer especially since it was only because he and his team didn't pay attention to details - the rasberries. Dean seemed to be taking the whole blame for the mold on the rasberries but in my opinion she was to blame as well - she served it. Part of the servers job is to be sure food is o.k. to be served, right? I think so. If it weren't for that do you think they would have lost? It was hard to tell if the critic truly liked one team's food over the other. Also, kind of sucked that the breakfast service didn't count.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:18 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,371 times
Angry The Wrong Team Lost!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
senalj - are you there?? Did you watch Chopping Block last night? I think we are the only two still watching it. ha-ha! Dean and his wife going home was a bummer especially since it was only because he and his team didn't pay attention to details - the rasberries. Dean seemed to be taking the whole blame for the mold on the rasberries but in my opinion she was to blame as well - she served it. Part of the servers job is to be sure food is o.k. to be served, right? I think so. If it weren't for that do you think they would have lost? It was hard to tell if the critic truly liked one team's food over the other. Also, kind of sucked that the breakfast service didn't count.
This episode started off all wrong. The fish pie didn't look like my idea of a fish pie. Then, why did he give Lisa a big bite of scallop? I know he liked the dish, but if I ordered that and it came out on a shell, I wouldn't eat it. I want to be able to eat everything on my plate and there is no way anyone could eat the shell. Chef White must have forgot what he taught Chef Ramsay ("If you put it on the plate, I better be able to eat it"), because that fish pie looked horrible.

Breakfast service: Kelsey is pathetic. She is the weak link in her couple. It was funny how he started stirring his drink and it drowned Kelsie out. She needs to go home. They won't be able to run a restaurant because Kelsie is not ready to run a kitchen. The Black Team won breakfast service, hands down.

Lunch service: The Black Team lost it during lunch service. They were all over the place and they kept forgetting little pieces to each dish. I think the rotten raspberries put them over the top. I wish they would have done it right, because the Red Team was really, really bad. They didn't get it right with the food or the service, both areas they're on the show to perform.

The Critic: I know this guy from other food shows I watch, and I must say, he's a little too nit-picky for me. It seems he has to say something negative about everything. I don't understand how they could be tied through the whole menu. There has to one restaurant that stood out? Dean and the raspberries lost it for the Black Team and that's unfortunate.

There is no way Vanessa and Kelsey should still be in the competition! Kelsey is so lost in the kitchen it is laughable! I'm furious they are still there and it looks like this was set up for the ex-spouses to win. Either way, the wrong team lost and Dean and his wife should have taken the whole competition.

I think Kelsey will lose next week, because she has to work by herself. She is always lost in the kitchen and relies too heavily on Lisa. But I wish it were Dean going against Lisa and not Kelsey.

Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 AM

senalj - Great post and I agree with everything you said! To me Chef White is a bit wishy-washy sometimes! What you said about the shell on the plate and he himself teaching Chef Ramsay that if you can't eat it don't put it on the plate - thanks for reminding me, I forgot that.
Oh, and when Chef White was using "jars" of product I am pretty sure he wanted the teams to do the same and Dean came so close when using the jarred Ceasar, but fell short by not doctoring it up and making it his. But at least Dean started off on the right track.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
senalj - Great post and I agree with everything you said! To me Chef White is a bit wishy-washy sometimes! What you said about the shell on the plate and he himself teaching Chef Ramsay that if you can't eat it don't put it on the plate - thanks for reminding me, I forgot that.
Oh, and when Chef White was using "jars" of product I am pretty sure he wanted the teams to do the same and Dean came so close when using the jarred Ceasar, but fell short by not doctoring it up and making it his. But at least Dean started off on the right track.
At least we're down to the end and will finally have a winner. I know it's going to be the ex-spouses, but who knows? Maybe we'll be surprised.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:17 PM

For anyone who's still watching, it is on tonight. 7PM Central.

Old 07-17-2009, 05:53 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
You can't blame the rasberries on the server, that is the chef. The waitor's job is to serve the food and check the customer is enjoying it.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 PM

I am so upset that this is dragging on for yet another week, I almost want to stop watching. But I hope Lisa and Anapol lose. After their performance tonight I don't feel right with them winning. Lisa is a very sore loser and thought she was going to win the whole competition because she didn't view Kelsey as a threat. When Kelsey won the challenge, Lisa lost it and was rude to Kelsey and Vanessa. Well, that's what happens when you take it for granted that you'll win! Now they have a new challenge set up and will have to do that next week. Hopefully we have an end to this whole thing next week.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
You can't blame the rasberries on the server, that is the chef. The waitor's job is to serve the food and check the customer is enjoying it.
Hmmm, well I put most of the blame on the chef but still think that some of it lies on the server. I have been a server several times in the past and I'll always remember one time when the cook wanted me to serve something that was burned - I COULD SEE IT! So I refused and told him if he thought it was good enough to serve he could serve it. He didn't - wonder why.
Anyway, if she didn't see the mold, so be it. However, let's not forget these people were/are playing for a friggin' restuarant and lots of other goodies. ATTENTION TO DETAIL is my motto!

Old 07-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I am so upset that this is dragging on for yet another week, I almost want to stop watching. But I hope Lisa and Anapol lose. After their performance tonight I don't feel right with them winning. Lisa is a very sore loser and thought she was going to win the whole competition because she didn't view Kelsey as a threat. When Kelsey won the challenge, Lisa lost it and was rude to Kelsey and Vanessa. Well, that's what happens when you take it for granted that you'll win! Now they have a new challenge set up and will have to do that next week. Hopefully we have an end to this whole thing next week.
I always agree with you! Also, I didn't like the way Anapol was "throwing the competition under the bus" when he served the one-clam appetizer. I too want the sisters to win now and think Chef White has been increasingly impressed by Kelsey.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV