Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 09:33 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,466,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I always agree with you! Also, I didn't like the way Anapol was "throwing the competition under the bus" when he served the one-clam appetizer. I too want the sisters to win now and think Chef White has been increasingly impressed by Kelsey.
I was so mad at Anapol, I was seeing red! How could he do that and think it was okay? Then he had the nerve to say that wasn't what he was trying to do. What?! Everyone could see that's what he was trying to do! They were just sleazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 05:17 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Hmmm, well I put most of the blame on the chef but still think that some of it lies on the server. I have been a server several times in the past and I'll always remember one time when the cook wanted me to serve something that was burned - I COULD SEE IT! So I refused and told him if he thought it was good enough to serve he could serve it. He didn't - wonder why.
Anyway, if she didn't see the mold, so be it. However, let's not forget these people were/are playing for a friggin' restuarant and lots of other goodies. ATTENTION TO DETAIL is my motto!
If it is something that is obvious that is one thing. These are supposed to be 'top chefs' that know what they are doing. You can't expect a waitor to pick up berries and look underneath for mold.

I worked in 5 star restaurants for years. I would never question a chef, let alone question the dish. My job was the front of the house, not the food.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:54 AM

9,718 posts, read 6,418,792 times
A little disappointed it wasn't the finale

What was Kelsey thinking serving one very small clam. I know it's a tasting but that was poor thinking on her part.

I don't care for Lisa and Anapol attitude so I'm hoping they lose. There was no need for Lisa to stand outside after the challenge and berate Kelsey.

Let's hope this week is the finale

Old 07-20-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
What was Kelsey thinking serving one very small clam. I know it's a tasting but that was poor thinking on her part.

I don't care for Lisa and Anapol attitude so I'm hoping they lose. There was no need for Lisa to stand outside after the challenge and berate Kelsey.
Kelsey made some mistakes, but Lisa didn't do what I expected her to do with her dishes. She should have been able to knock out great, elegant dishes. I think the problem is she didn't think about elegance. If she had, she would have been able to serve better food. Lisa was so busy trying to throw Kelsey under the bus, she wasn't concentrating on what would transform the dining experience into an elegant event. I liked Kelsey's idea with the gold leaves.

Lisa was mean that whole service and it started at the beginning. Lisa chose the beef because she wanted to cook it in the easiest way possible. That's why I was happy the lamb won. Lisa heard Chef White say Kelsey had the better position on the menu, because Kelsey's dishes were coming out 2nd, so Lisa tried to get the menu changed so her food would come out 2nd. Lisa did everything she could to make Kelsey feel uncomfortable, but guess what? Kelsey won. Then Lisa stood outside and talked about Kelsey in that childish "I'm not going to say it to you, but I'm going to speak loud enough for you to hear me" way. Give me a break!!! Yep, Lisa and Anapol (who was no better than Lisa) need to go home empty-handed. I hope Chef White picks Kelsey, if for no other reason than he can mentor her.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:11 PM

563 posts, read 1,026,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
If it is something that is obvious that is one thing. These are supposed to be 'top chefs' that know what they are doing. You can't expect a waitor to pick up berries and look underneath for mold.

I worked in 5 star restaurants for years. I would never question a chef, let alone question the dish. My job was the front of the house, not the food.
Oh, no way did I expect the server to "pick up" the berries. I hope for her sake she really didn't see the mold, you know? And if she did maybe she shouldn't share that with anyone including her teammate husband. It is very possible they could have won.

I am still trying to figure out how Dean the "chef" didn't see friggin' mold on the food. I am guessing it'll take him awhile to live that one down at his place of employment and at family dinners. Unfortunate, but also very spacey (trying not to say stupid )
Hey, the camera person saw the mold! ha-ha And showed it to us.

Did you catch the episode the other night in the museum?

Old 07-20-2009, 08:02 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,754,968 times
Quote:
Oh, no way did I expect the server to "pick up" the berries. I hope for her sake she really didn't see the mold, you know? And if she did maybe she shouldn't share that with anyone including her teammate husband. It is very possible they could have won.

I am still trying to figure out how Dean the "chef" didn't see friggin' mold on the food. I am guessing it'll take him awhile to live that one down at his place of employment and at family dinners. Unfortunate, but also very spacey (trying not to say stupid )
Hey, the camera person saw the mold! ha-ha And showed it to us.

Did you catch the episode the other night in the museum?
Very true! The mold was probably on the bottom, and he just picked them up and put them on the plate. That said, HELLO? They were a few days old or more! Check the berries!!

Old 07-24-2009, 04:30 PM

O.K. - tonite is the finale. I think it'll be entertaining.........

Old 07-24-2009, 06:12 PM

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

The contestants have to redesign their restaurants (Chef White made everything white, including the walls) and Lisa chose red, of course. Kelsey and Vanessa chose to used stripes on their walls. I like the concept, because it makes the restaurant look brighter, but I don't think Chef White will. I think they should have chosen one color. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Kelsey and Vanessa, because it looks like Lisa and Anapol just recreated Crimson with a new name.

Old 07-24-2009, 07:28 PM

*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Vanessa and Kelsey won! I think, based on tonight's service, that they should have won. Lisa didn't listen to Chef White when he gave her his advice. Anapol was horrible in front of service and doesn't have customer service skills. He made me feel depressed, and I wasn't even in the restaurant! The atmosphere at both restaurants was so different, it was like night and day. Also, how could Anapol have given away all the tables, when he knew he had reservations lined up? I hate when I get somewhere and my reservation is given away, even when I'm not late. What is the point of making a reservation if my table isn't going to be held?

Old 07-25-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

The contestants have to redesign their restaurants (Chef White made everything white, including the walls) and Lisa chose red, of course. Kelsey and Vanessa chose to used stripes on their walls. I like the concept, because it makes the restaurant look brighter, but I don't think Chef White will. I think they should have chosen one color. But if I had to choose, I'd choose Kelsey and Vanessa, because it looks like Lisa and Anapol just recreated Crimson with a new name.
Hello senalj - Yeah, when I saw the red color scheme I thought, B-0-R-I-N-G!! since they already had red. I liked Kelsey and Vanessa' colors, name, and design even though I am not a big fan of stripes. But they actually came up with a new concept instead of recycling an old color from the show. I can't remember the word Chef White told them when he stopped by for lunch to describe their wall color but I had the feeling he was seeing if he could intimidate Kelsey one last time. ha-ha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV