Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:04 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times

Advertisements

Want to keep this thread going for any updates on a possible Tier 5 or extension for those at or near the end of Tier 4.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2010, 08:41 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,045,487 times
Feel free to provide confirmed updates only. Thanks.

Old 05-15-2010, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,659 times
I have been unemployed for over 1 year and none of the constructiob that was being talked about in San Diego CA has even been talked about!
I am an industrial pipefitter and desperately want to go back to work
I make in 2 days what this unemployment benefit pays when I am employed so you can take it to the bank when I say I want to go back to work!
I have lost my truck and most of my possessions due to lack of work. Sure I need an extention of what little we get on unemployment! How is anyone expected to recover enough on what little we get from UI let alone losing what little we get all together?
Exercise your vote!
The one thing every one of these politicians value more than anything else in the world is being in office!
Let's make it known that if we "the unemployed" can get a bailout these politicians will not be in office next term! Even if we have to hitch hike to the polls!

Old 05-16-2010, 06:08 AM

251 posts, read 417,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetspecter View Post
I have been unemployed for over 1 year and none of the constructiob that was being talked about in San Diego CA has even been talked about!
I am an industrial pipefitter and desperately want to go back to work
I make in 2 days what this unemployment benefit pays when I am employed so you can take it to the bank when I say I want to go back to work!
I have lost my truck and most of my possessions due to lack of work. Sure I need an extention of what little we get on unemployment! How is anyone expected to recover enough on what little we get from UI let alone losing what little we get all together?
Exercise your vote!
The one thing every one of these politicians value more than anything else in the world is being in office!
Let's make it known that if we "the unemployed" can get a bailout these politicians will not be in office next term! Even if we have to hitch hike to the polls!
I hope things get better for you.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 AM

613 posts, read 960,535 times
I don't know if this is suppose to be Tier 5 or what but I found it on WashingtonWatch. I went and verified that this is a bill and it is there.

UnemployedInFL

(logged-in user) April 25, 2010, 2:53am (report abuse) H.R.4849.RFS - This is what the House of Representatives has decided to do for 99ers.

TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) with respect to 'subsidized employment' will be open to individuals whether they have children or not.

see TITLE IV, SEC. 401., (a) (4) (B)
`(iv) LIMITATION ON EXPENDITURES FOR SUBSIDIZED EMPLOYMENT- An expenditure for subsidized employment shall be taken into account under clause (ii) only if the expenditure is used to subsidize employment for--

`(I) a member of a needy family (without regard to whether the family is receiving assistance under the State program funded under this part); or

`(II) an individual who has exhausted (or, within 60 days, will exhaust) all rights to receive unemployment compensation under Federal and State law, and who is a member of a needy household (regardless of whether the household includes a child).';

Links:
Search Results - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

What does everyone think this is?

Old 05-16-2010, 10:16 AM

478 posts, read 1,749,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
I don't know if this is suppose to be Tier 5 or what but I found it on WashingtonWatch. I went and verified that this is a bill and it is there.

UnemployedInFL

(logged-in user) April 25, 2010, 2:53am (report abuse) H.R.4849.RFS - This is what the House of Representatives has decided to do for 99ers.

TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) with respect to 'subsidized employment' will be open to individuals whether they have children or not.

`(iv) LIMITATION ON EXPENDITURES FOR SUBSIDIZED EMPLOYMENT- An expenditure for subsidized employment shall be taken into account under clause (ii) only if the expenditure is used to subsidize employment for--

`(I) a member of a needy family (without regard to whether the family is receiving assistance under the State program funded under this part); or

`(II) an individual who has exhausted (or, within 60 days, will exhaust) all rights to receive unemployment compensation under Federal and State law, and who is a member of a needy household (regardless of whether the household includes a child).';

Links:

HR4849 has nothing to do with a Tier 5 thats for sure.

Last I ever heard any real news about Tier 5 was by a senator for NYS and this is way back in Feb 2010. Since then not a peep about a Tier 5.

Old 05-16-2010, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlo2009 View Post
HR4849 has nothing to do with a Tier 5 thats for sure.

Last I ever heard any real news about Tier 5 was by a senator for NYS and this is way back in Feb 2010. Since then not a peep about a Tier 5.
Ya real quite. Can you provide some can evidence that this is not for an extension for the 99er's as you say "for sure"?

Old 05-16-2010, 11:34 AM

478 posts, read 1,749,183 times
Quote:
Ya real quite. Can you provide some can evidence that this is not for an extension for the 99er's as you say "for sure"?

Read the bill..thats enough proof!

Old 05-16-2010, 11:48 AM

ok nevermind

Old 05-16-2010, 07:03 PM

3,814 posts, read 11,973,430 times
Quote:

UnemployedInFL

Links:

What you have excerpted above is an amendment to HR 4849 -- the Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act of 2010 -- that adds additional funding ($2.5 billion) to and extends the length (through fiscal 2011) of the Welfare Emergency Fund originally established by the Stimulus Act in 2009.

The Welfare Emergency Fund was created to provide more funding to states with increased welfare caseloads as a result of deteriorating local economies.

The Welfare Emergency Fund was an acknowledgment that more people -- fully employed, partially employed, and unemployed -- were going to need financial assistance, that the states needed more resources to be able to respond to this growing need, and that the federal government should play a role. In short, it adds welfare dollars to state coffers -- as the EUC Tiers program provides extra unemployment benefits to be administered by the states' UI system.

HR 4849 does not have any sections or amendments that affect unemployment benefits.

H.R. 4849: Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act of 2010 - Legislative Digest - GOP.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment