Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 07:10 PM

155 posts, read 339,362 times

Advertisements

truck driver read the bill before you put it up on the board
thee is no senator that has the balls to start a tier 5 bill
because they know even the dems will not have enough votes to pass it.
i say forget about a tier 5 if they pass a tier deadline to the end of the year without a tier 5 amendment.
they have gotten enough letters and faxes,
either they take action or is it obvious they wont do it.
dont beat a dead horse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2010, 08:58 PM

613 posts, read 961,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diorgirl View Post
What you have excerpted above is an amendment to HR 4849 -- the Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act of 2010 -- that adds additional funding ($2.5 billion) to and extends the length (through fiscal 2011) of the Welfare Emergency Fund originally established by the Stimulus Act in 2009.

The Welfare Emergency Fund was created to provide more funding to states with increased welfare caseloads as a result of deteriorating local economies.

The Welfare Emergency Fund was an acknowledgment that more people -- fully employed, partially employed, and unemployed -- were going to need financial assistance, that the states needed more resources to be able to respond to this growing need, and that the federal government should play a role. In short, it adds welfare dollars to state coffers -- as the EUC Tiers program provides extra unemployment benefits to be administered by the states' UI system.

HR 4849 does not have any sections or amendments that affect unemployment benefits.

H.R. 4849: Small Business and Infrastructure Jobs Tax Act of 2010 - Legislative Digest - GOP.gov
Ok, thanks for taking the time to read and research the bill. I had a little hope it had to do with more extended benefits (Tier 5).

Old 05-16-2010, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendcat View Post
truck driver read the bill before you put it up on the board
thee is no senator that has the balls to start a tier 5 bill
because they know even the dems will not have enough votes to pass it.
i say forget about a tier 5 if they pass a tier deadline to the end of the year without a tier 5 amendment.
they have gotten enough letters and faxes,
either they take action or is it obvious they wont do it.
dont beat a dead horse.
Don't tell me what to do. I read the bill and didn't quite understand it. I'm not one you want to mess with.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:13 PM

155 posts, read 339,362 times
sorry i didnt mean to sound harsh
i dont want you tailgating me at 85 mph in your 18 wheeler like the movie with dennis weaver DUEL.
but if they extend it ,it will probably be another euc tier
but at this poiint i dont think any 99er should be holding your breath waiting for a 20 week or even a 10 week tier 5 extension.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:40 AM

169 posts, read 275,442 times
when is everyone gonna get it...all the petitions, emails, faxs, and calls are nothing more then a waste of time...at this point everyone should be putting as much energy into looking for a job as they are complaining on here.......i live in jersey and channel 2 at 11pm is having a segment on where the jobs are...i for one plan to watch it...i'm way past my 99 weeks and i know nothing more is comming, i have applied for food stamps and am living off the little i was able to save while unemployed.......our government is to busy sending money to other countries to worry about us......wake up.....THIS IS AMERICA..

Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 PM

199 posts, read 404,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diane 08753 View Post
when is everyone gonna get it...all the petitions, emails, faxs, and calls are nothing more then a waste of time...at this point everyone should be putting as much energy into looking for a job as they are complaining on here.......i live in jersey and channel 2 at 11pm is having a segment on where the jobs are...i for one plan to watch it...i'm way past my 99 weeks and i know nothing more is comming, i have applied for food stamps and am living off the little i was able to save while unemployed.......our government is to busy sending money to other countries to worry about us......wake up.....THIS IS AMERICA..

Diane@ I understand your feelings....but also I understand other people's feelings too....many people are not ready to give up.....and I know that somewhere along your Unemployment Struggle you felt the same way.....as for looking for a JOB....you cannot really think that people are just on this site all day without spending some time on job searching sites also.....we cannot throws stones at the person next to us in this time and age.......because you do not know what the situation my be outside of just being unemployed

As for me I became HOMELESS last month and is waiting for the HPRP Program to assist me and my family.....also I am waiting for the SunKrist Tuna Governor to sign SB1736 so I can get my 12 weeks left of EB and that will make me a 99'er......as for the POLIJOKIANS in WASHINGTON and LOCAL they do not care about the unemployed in my eyes ....not one has voice their opinions in PUBLIC about helping the unemployed .......I have sign up for the Back to Work Program they are offering here in Florida also while I am job searching I am also signing up to become a DRUG RAT

So yes we have all woken up and learn so much about POLITICS that we can all become POLITICIANS in my book some day....Yes this is America and everyone is entitle to their own points of views regardless if we like them or not

Old 05-17-2010, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I am never going to get it, until we get it (Tier 5 or more weeks past 99).

Last edited by knoxgarden; 05-18-2010 at 10:46 AM.. Reason: do not duplicate posts

Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM

1,097 posts, read 2,048,468 times
Not gonna' get it either [though I understand your frustration]

It is still true the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Look how much media attention the "tea" people got/get --- & I will bet you dollars to donuts that there are less of them than there are unemployed.

Basically I think the 99'er label is just ok -- & I think someone much more creative than I could/will come up with something better --- [too bad Hunter Thompson isn't around] something more political which would catch the media's eye, something with no possible negative connotations ---

but until that comes along I will continue to talk, fax,email & phone it up --& vocally support more weeks.

By the way -- the Ed Shultz radio show is going on tour with "American Workers Town Hall Tour & book signing" Anyone with free time in those cities should give it a shot - can't hurt to have him listen to some 99ers up close

The Ed Schultz Show

Old 05-18-2010, 10:29 AM

140 posts, read 373,575 times
This was linked on Unemployed Friends forum.

Unemployment Extension, Tier 5

This is my response. Please take a few minutes to fax a message to a couple of these Congressmen.

Committee on Ways & Means :: U.S. House of Representatives (http://waysandmeans.house.gov/singlepages.aspx?newsid=10462 - broken link)

Let them hear from you about it. I contacted Levin, Camp, Rangel, Herger, Stark, Johnson, McDermott, and Tanner.

If anyone wants to tag some more today please feel free and I'll get to some more tomorrow. I'm using free faxes rather than going through the tedious e-mail process on their websites. Free Fax • Free Internet Faxing Free Fax • Online Fax Service Send a Fax for Free - Try e-Faxing with MyFax.com Free Fax • Send Free Fax

Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 AM

870 posts, read 1,405,701 times
Quote:
when is everyone gonna get it...all the petitions, emails, faxs, and calls are nothing more then a waste of time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
I am never going to get it, until we get it (Tier 5 or more weeks past 99).

THE answer!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment