Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 8,016 times

Advertisements

This is my first post to this site. I have been coming here for quite some time. I wanted to start a thread that contains only VERIFIED information about a possible/probable addition of a 5th tier. I know that there is NOT a tier 5 as of today. This pertains to information about a possible tier 5 in the future.

PLEASE ONLY POST INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN VERIFY BY POSTING A LINK TO A WEBSITE WHERE YOU FOUND THE INFORMATION.

I know that this thread may fade away soon since there really isn't any information out there about a 5th tier. If that happens, then so be it. Hopefully we will have people post to this thread with good information.

Last edited by 96Bronco; 03-03-2010 at 10:23 PM..

Old 03-03-2010, 10:17 PM

189 posts, read 647,865 times
there is no tier 5 as of now

Old 03-04-2010, 05:29 AM

244 posts, read 622,622 times
There is no tier 5 and there is other threads dedicated to this topic already. There is absolutely 0 talk in the house and senate regarding adding more weeks for those who reached 99. how can anybody post links or facts if there isnt any? There is no plan for a tier 5. Not even a remote discussion about it. At the moment...this is a dead topic with no news to possibly report. You started a completely unnecessary thread because this is no discussion by the government whatsoever.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:36 AM

199 posts, read 404,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj2009 View Post
There is no tier 5 and there is other threads dedicated to this topic already. There is absolutely 0 talk in the house and senate regarding adding more weeks for those who reached 99. how can anybody post links or facts if there isnt any? There is no plan for a tier 5. Not even a remote discussion about it. At the moment...this is a dead topic with no news to possibly report. You started a completely unnecessary thread because this is no discussion by the government whatsoever.

no thread in here is unnecessary......everyone in here is entitle to have their own opinions about unemployment.....it is bad enough the employed and the government puts us down ......but the unemployed is worst.......also no topic is dead when it comes to unemployment; especially for us long term unemployment people

Old 03-04-2010, 06:35 AM

30 posts, read 92,034 times
Here here 195nana! My thoughts exactly. Good post.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:39 AM

244 posts, read 622,622 times
but there is nothing to report so why start the thread when myself and a few others have already started them regarding a tier 5? THERE IS NO NEWS ABOUT IT WHATSOEVER. I want it like all of you do but it is not going to happen. 99 weeks is the max. There isn't anything even open in discussion within our government.If it does happen, it will not be anytime soon. Look what it took just to get a 30 day temp extension on the Feb 28th expiration date. It was like pulling teeth. There is nothing to discuss right now.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj2009 View Post
but there is nothing to report so why start the thread when myself and a few others have already started them regarding a tier 5? THERE IS NO NEWS ABOUT IT WHATSOEVER. I want it like all of you do but it is not going to happen. 99 weeks is the max. There isn't anything even open in discussion within our government.If it does happen, it will not be anytime soon. Look what it took just to get a 30 day temp extension on the Feb 28th expiration date. It was like pulling teeth. There is nothing to discuss right now.

why do you keep saying never going to happen.....are you god or something....look here millions of americans will be filing their last claim this week for tier 4 and some millions might already filed their last one......with all said and done everyone of those millions of americans have a right to be heard......and if we want more weeks not no more damn tiers: we will be heard..........where there is a will there is a way....so stop throwing salt on this thread about no news whatsoever and hold your horses.........in november 09 we became aware of tier 1,2,3 and 4: so who are you to say the person that started this thread has nothing to discuss......millions of people will be without income come the end of march 10 and what do you think the great government of america will do: yeah you got it right pull teeth and starch balls but something will be done....best to believe that

Old 03-04-2010, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96Bronco View Post
This is my first post to this site. I have been coming here for quite some time. I wanted to start a thread that contains only VERIFIED information about a possible/probable addition of a 5th tier. I know that there is NOT a tier 5 as of today. This pertains to information about a possible tier 5 in the future.

PLEASE ONLY POST INFORMATION THAT YOU CAN VERIFY BY POSTING A LINK TO A WEBSITE WHERE YOU FOUND THE INFORMATION.

I know that this thread may fade away soon since there really isn't any information out there about a 5th tier. If that happens, then so be it. Hopefully we will have people post to this thread with good information.

http://www.nelp.org/page/-/UI/PR.ext...10.pdf?nocdn=1

Old 03-06-2010, 06:59 AM

6 posts, read 55,139 times
To everyone seeking a Tier 5: I read yesterday (March 5th 2010) a few people have contacted Reids office and they were all told that Reid is working on a Tier 5 extension but they don`t know when it will go to congress. Someone else called Pelosi`s office and they were told there is no more extensions (tier 5) because not enough people are complaining about it.... EMAIL or CALL your state senators, Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi and demand a Tier 5 extension. I have contacted them all this week via email. Posting on the net is great but it won`t do a thing unless you are contacting these elected officials as well, if Pelosi`s office "needs" complaints then let the flood gates open and send them to her.

Old 03-06-2010, 11:57 AM

18 posts, read 58,528 times
Wasn't another extension covered under the jobs bill that Senator Bunning held up for a few days. I thought there was a provision in there for a short term extension. I'm not sure they're calling it TierV but I thought it was included in the bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment