Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 09:58 AM

3,814 posts, read 11,987,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
Senator Schauer is trying to help us that are on our last straw or have fallen off of UE

Schauer introduces jobless extension | battlecreekenquirer.com | The Enquirer
Sorry -- but the link above is to a report of an event that occurred on February 25; Schauer's bill did not expand benefits and has since fallen by the wayside.

Before Levin introduced HR 4851 -- to extend benefits through May 5 -- Schauer introduced a similar bill to extend the cut-off dates for the EUC Tiers through September. The House passed Levin's bill instead -- which is now in the Senate awaiting its vote.

The bill that Schauer introduced only extended cut-off dates for existing benefits for the unemployed -- it did not propose a Tier V and did not add any weeks to existing Tiers.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:06 AM

870 posts, read 1,406,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 195nana View Post
Senator Schauer is trying to help us that are on our last straw or have fallen off of UE

Schauer introduces jobless extension | battlecreekenquirer.com | The Enquirer

Finally, a Congressman with courage. Please let's not let this go by the wayside without showing SUPPORT. Let's put pressure by making the calls, especally to Congressman Schauers office and our own Representative as well.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:15 AM

870 posts, read 1,406,203 times
Default re: Schauer

From what I read as I listen to the thread that followed that Schauer article it appears that it was verified to have been in 'addition' to TIER IV benefits. Here is the quote:

Per my friend FYI at ProgressIllinois.com on a call to Congressman Schauer's office:

"I just spoke with Eddie in Schauer's office, he said that the proposed bill (per the Battle Creek Enquirer story) is for those who will exhaust tier 4 benefits - this extension is for the long-term unemployed to receive benefits in addition to what tier 4 currently offers."

THANK YOU, Congressman Schauer, for having the COURAGE and the VISION to introduce this legislation on behalf the long-term unemployed in Michigan and all across the United States.

To all unemployed: Please get behind Congressman Schauer. Please get behind Sen.
Bernie Sanders, who is pushing hard for the long-term unemployed to NOT BE FORGOTTEN. There are still 5.4 people for every 1 available job.

If you don't know who your representative is: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

If you don't know who your senators are: /www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 AM

613 posts, read 962,009 times
Listen to this video on Tier V:

YouTube - Tier 5 to SURVIVE.mov

I am going to send all the members in Congress an email with this video attached.

Old 03-20-2010, 03:51 PM

22 posts, read 47,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver33 View Post
Listen to this video on Tier V:

YouTube - Tier 5 to SURVIVE.mov

I am going to send all the members in Congress an email with this video attached.

Did you really send it? I think all of us should send it, NOW!
wow, she said it ALL perfectly in this video! That's EXACTLY how we feel!

Old 03-21-2010, 11:35 PM

2 posts, read 6,667 times
I'm in Dallas! A lot of people think we didn't get hit as hard as the rest of the country. I believe it just took longer to hit here. I was self-employed and when we lost our contract with the company in GA. that we did marketing for it was terrible to have to lay people off. I liquidated most my assets trying to keep the doors open but ended up having to shut it down early last year. I lost my house in May! And then my car. I moved into a room at a house owned by an aquaintance and have been diligently searching for work; at first something in my field, then anything at all. My benefits ran out in February. I sold my tv and some other things to stretch it out. Due to the house being sold I was forced to move again. I am currently fortunate enough to be staying in a house that was condemned despite having no hot water, no heat, refridgerator or stove (its in the 30's tonight in Dallas; go figure). I have around $60 to my name and don't have any idea what is going to happen if I can't come up with a job or some money. I was under the impression I was paying for unemployment insurance! I have worked since I was 17; for 30 years. I have been self employed for about 12 and have paid and paid and paid. Our government has no hesitation to send trillions of dollars overseas on adventures for corporations who lobby for their attention, yet, they don't want to assist those whose tax dollars they live on! Strain at a gnat, but swallow the camel. A humbling experience! My thoughts and prayers to those out there who are caught in this seriously diabolical atrocity being played on us by the government, "by the people, for the people..." Something's amiss; something must be done!

Old 03-22-2010, 05:41 AM

516 posts, read 1,351,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustygirl View Post
Did you really send it? I think all of us should send it, NOW!
wow, she said it ALL perfectly in this video! That's EXACTLY how we feel!
I noticed that this video is being tweeted to Senators, the media and the White House on Twitter.

Old 03-22-2010, 01:06 PM

727 posts, read 1,097,423 times
Unemployed and Invisible
Jobless American Workers (http://joblessamericanworkers.blogspot.com - broken link)

Old 03-22-2010, 01:47 PM

199 posts, read 404,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyEF View Post
I noticed that this video is being tweeted to Senators, the media and the White House on Twitter.

I for one email it to all of them in the White House and Media

Old 03-22-2010, 01:53 PM

155 posts, read 339,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reklaw69 View Post
I'm in Dallas! A lot of people think we didn't get hit as hard as the rest of the country. I believe it just took longer to hit here. I was self-employed and when we lost our contract with the company in GA. that we did marketing for it was terrible to have to lay people off. I liquidated most my assets trying to keep the doors open but ended up having to shut it down early last year. I lost my house in May! And then my car. I moved into a room at a house owned by an aquaintance and have been diligently searching for work; at first something in my field, then anything at all. My benefits ran out in February. I sold my tv and some other things to stretch it out. Due to the house being sold I was forced to move again. I am currently fortunate enough to be staying in a house that was condemned despite having no hot water, no heat, refridgerator or stove (its in the 30's tonight in Dallas; go figure). I have around $60 to my name and don't have any idea what is going to happen if I can't come up with a job or some money. I was under the impression I was paying for unemployment insurance! I have worked since I was 17; for 30 years. I have been self employed for about 12 and have paid and paid and paid. Our government has no hesitation to send trillions of dollars overseas on adventures for corporations who lobby for their attention, yet, they don't want to assist those whose tax dollars they live on! Strain at a gnat, but swallow the camel. A humbling experience! My thoughts and prayers to those out there who are caught in this seriously diabolical atrocity being played on us by the government, "by the people, for the people..." Something's amiss; something must be done!
that sickens me to see any american like reklaw in this position
you worked 30 years and put money into the fund.
you deserve more help,but of course the government coundnt care less about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment