Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2021, 08:14 AM

140 posts, read 149,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
you filed the new claim at BYE? did you work at all between March 2020 and March 2021 (date of new claim)? if not you aren't eligible for a new claim.. if new claim is coded as PUA it's likely because your new claim wage base period didn't meet the 11K or 20 base weeks needed for a new claim. If you didn't work at all then you didn't have an attachment to the labor force during your first benefit year and didn't meet the 4 weeks worked and earnings 6xWBR needed for a successive year claim. In either situation you should not be on a new PUA claim when there are weeks left of PEUC on the original claim (if indeed first claim was a regular UI claim and had PEUC weeks left on it).
I have been working part time the entire time. I filed the new claim at BYE because that’s what it told me to do when I certified that last week. This was a mistake.

I have been working since March 2020 part time and certifying those wages the entire time. I should still be on my original claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2021, 08:21 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,771,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ13 View Post
I have been working part time the entire time. I filed the new claim at BYE because that’s what it told me to do when I certified that last week. This was a mistake.

I have been working since March 2020 part time and certifying those wages the entire time. I should still be on my original claim.
Yes that's the issue. you claim would have been done through auto review and they would have left you on the old claim. You will have to call for an Agent to have the new claim dumped and be put back on the original claim.

Old 08-14-2021, 01:26 PM

140 posts, read 149,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
Yes that's the issue. you claim would have been done through auto review and they would have left you on the old claim. You will have to call for an Agent to have the new claim dumped and be put back on the original claim.
Yes I have tried that dozens of times. I cannot get an agent on the phone and it’s also the reason I am unsure about filling out the e adjudication questionnaire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment