Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 06:56 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,771,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Glad you finally got through!
Yes and nothing but a nightmare. I updated a page or two back in the thread. Tied into some idiot not turning off DDU (Disability During Unemployment) claim which i faxed back to them 12/2/19. DDU saying disability claim button turned on still and when I called them said i need to reach local UI have them fax over form # such and such to authorize DDU to release information. Once DDU gets the form from UI they will release information to UI. Unbelievable right. Despite me being proactive on this all along since recovered from disability and in the last several months re emailing all departments advising them of recovery from disability. I've spent all week calling and calling and calling and emailing congressman's office etc. It's a simple fix. DDU turn off disability claim button. Bingo then UI should be able to add PEUC extension onto my expired benefit year. 2nd UI worker lady who was sending it to the team to review (which is buzz word for never to hear from anyone again) did say I would be entitled once the disability claim was turned off. What a flipping mess. trying to get 2 state agencies to communicate with each other. Best part is its UI and Disability During Unemployment departments. My DDU claim ran off of my UI claim. Same UI clam with same benefit year. I'm so done with all of this at this point but yet I refuse to lay down and quit over it because I am eligible and have followed the rules all along with DDU claim and UI claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2020, 05:48 AM

268 posts, read 218,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
yes generic letter goes to all claimants near end of benefits. you are supposed to get a notice. Is your benefit year expired as well or just benefits exhausted? most got theirs tacked on and 13 weeks benefits added to current benefit year and might say "on extension" for the claim. i can't remember if it was jersey that noted that on the benefit year.
Im not sure-Scraprsmith-maybe you can help me determine -Im assuming my money is just running out idk-I checked status details to post -
my date of claim is 1/26/20
(Remaining balance roughly $1500-that will cover 2 week with a tiny bit extra)
So if its just money running out im good to go?-as in the 13 weeks will just be added?
Thanks guys

Old 07-11-2020, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW1280 View Post
Im not sure-Scraprsmith-maybe you can help me determine -Im assuming my money is just running out idk-I checked status details to post -
my date of claim is 1/26/20
(Remaining balance roughly $1500-that will cover 2 week with a tiny bit extra)
So if its just money running out im good to go?-as in the 13 weeks will just be added?
Thanks guys
In NJ it should be added on once you exhaust your benefits, as long as you don't have earnings to establish a new UI benefit claim in a new base period (which if new claim in July standard base period would be 4/1/19 - 3/31/20). Notification email or something in the mail should come right around when you exhaust your benefits. I've seen people say that the 13 weeks and balance didn't show up in their online account balance (from the dashboard) but was actually there to claim. Some said the telephone number to call for automated account information had balance reflected even though online account thru dashboard didn't. But when they went in to claim their weeks during their time slot at that time it showed an amount to claim, if that makes sense.

Old 07-12-2020, 07:36 AM

I did work between those dates-i worked for a few weeks(still claimed partial from initial claim) then laid off due to covid-after that I had to reopen my claim and my benefits just resumed per normal, but I reopened the claim in march once I was laid off so Im assuming Im good bc I havent worked since then.

Old 07-12-2020, 08:55 AM

Quote:
I did work between those dates-i worked for a few weeks(still claimed partial from initial claim) then laid off due to covid-after that I had to reopen my claim and my benefits just resumed per normal, but I reopened the claim in march once I was laid off so Im assuming Im good bc I havent worked since then.
OK so your benefit year isn't expired then only your benefits will exhaust. It should roll in automatically. but as others noted and what i've been told it didn't show up in online account. only when they went to claim the week.

Old 07-13-2020, 06:00 AM

Thanks Scraper! So I should just continue to claim weekly and I should be ok-Praying I dont run into issues and have to start calling again-what a nightmare! Losing all benefits at once will kill me!
Just out of curiosity-when does my benefit year end? If they redid my year-Id prob get the max benefit-

Old 07-13-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Thanks Scraper! So I should just continue to claim weekly and I should be ok-Praying I dont run into issues and have to start calling again-what a nightmare! Losing all benefits at once will kill me!
Just out of curiosity-when does my benefit year end? If they redid my year-Id prob get the max benefit-
You said your benefit year started 1/26/20 so it won't expire until 1/25/21. You wouldn't be able to file for a new claim until then. But with benefits that exhausted you should receive the 13 week PEUC extension. Most that I've seen in NJ didn't have it automatically added on until they claimed their last week and then then received notice (most people did) that they were entitled to the PEUC extension. As I said it doesn't seem like this shows up in your online account but is there when you go to claim for that first week on PEUC. Some people said when they called the number and checked their claim via the phone automatic system it did say the $$$ were added in the account. So I wouldn't be concerned yet that it isn't there as you need to actually exhaust all your benefits in your claim and wait for it to be triggered in the system.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:24 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,390 times
Any news, scraprsmith? Did the one assistant ever follow up with you?

Old 07-14-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scal2010 View Post
Any news, scraprsmith? Did the one assistant ever follow up with you?
No not yet I scanned and emailed her the documents on Monday.. Is today only Tuesday LOL.. OMG that was only yesterday. No email response back. I seriously hope it's not more lip service like it's been for last 2 months. weekly i send my emails to Congressman. She gave me the "Congressman has a NJ DOL liaison" line in original emails and she again stated that on the phone yesterday. So tired of all of it. I know what has to be done, I just need someone to actually do it.

Old 07-14-2020, 06:25 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,215,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
No not yet I scanned and emailed her the documents on Monday.. Is today only Tuesday LOL.. OMG that was only yesterday. No email response back. I seriously hope it's not more lip service like it's been for last 2 months. weekly i send my emails to Congressman. She gave me the "Congressman has a NJ DOL liaison" line in original emails and she again stated that on the phone yesterday. So tired of all of it. I know what has to be done, I just need someone to actually do it.
Lol, yeah time is really standing still. We're in strict lockdown again in CA. They were slowly opening up but now we went 3 steps back again. I was thinking it's been about 7 or 8 months of this but then realized it's been under 4 months.

My sense of time is all messed up.

Hoping she will follow up with you soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment