Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2020, 08:20 PM

20 posts, read 12,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
thanks for getting back to me. ok i guess i will wait and see. the agent didn't say that to me. I confirmed before i hung up that it was for 13 weeks of PEUC to which she said yes. She said she added the extension on but in the same breath said i wouldn't be entitled to the state extension to which i said EB? and she said yes. I never realized she did anything with certifying EB weeks. she said she brought me current with the 13 weeks. when i realized phone claim balance had 20 weeks I said let me go ahead and then claim 7/4 and 7/11 (which I was entitled to claim) and that's when I got that message might be break in payments and to talk to agent. well you know how that goes. Now the problem is if the agent actually did certify 7/18 I worked that week so not sure WTH i do now if that week was certified because i sure as heck didn't certify it, nor did i certify 7/4 and 7/11. and no paper trail. All i got was email to confirm 13 weeks of regular UI. the rep yesterday was going round in circles so that's why i thought to myself I think just the 13 weeks were paid which at this point I will be content with

Did your PEUC and EB payments all get paid on the same date though for the 15 weeks or separate payment dates? i know you said broken up but wasn't sure if you meant broke up in payment dates or not. my PEUC 13 weeks were 6 double payments and 1 single payment but all were deposited on the same date.

But I certainly don't want a fraud statement or overpayment due to no fault of my own as I didn't claim the week. LOL seems to be feast or famine.

Keep me posted and I will do the same as we seem to have similar situations. I am just keeping fingers crossed for Monday and that full amount of FPUC payments hit.

hey one last question. did an agent say anything about if our expired claim now has a new end date? like 12/31/20? i forgot to ask that and all it shows online and via phone is last claim date is 1/20/19. it doesnt' say if the ending date was extend. Thanks again.
So I certified today there is no expired claim date shown. It only shows my original claim date. At this point all seems to be in order with my claim. I sure don't want to call them and have someone touch my claim unless I have to. Good luck with your journey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2020, 09:09 PM

37 posts, read 24,907 times
Thanks Stef!

Old 07-29-2020, 10:00 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstorm00 View Post
It took me two days to write a very Elaborate and Detailed and much better Post but when I finally hit the Preview Button, the session had expired.

First of all, I can't believe you won that battle! Congratulations again. Such an absolutely horrid experience to have gone through but somehow you persevered. Honestly can't understand this surreal torture they put you through.

I think I myself might have developed some kind of PTSD from all this, and a lot of it began with the beginnings of the PEUC debacle.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for taking the time to respond.

My Original Claim from July 2019 was payable for only 20 Weeks and exhausted sometime end of December/Early January.

I ran out of all PEUC already on Week Ending June 27th, 2020 -- Like many others here; That was the last week for most of us who were eventually approved for PEUC with first Week Beginning 03/28/20 and ending 04/04/20 who finally got approved for PEUC around that last week of May (if you might recall when those "Texts" were being received and reported by People).

Thereafter, I exhausted all PEUC on June 27th, 2020

A week later, for the WEO 07/04/2020, I was automatically approved for the new NJ "EB"/"Extended Benefits"/"FED-ED" + HUP for an additional unconfirmed number of weeks with a Remaining Balance that still remains as of today in the amount of $7K+.

Thank you for the Information about the number of weeks, From what you've said it would have been 50% of my Original UI Claim's Payable Weeks of 20 = so 10 weeks plus 7 HUP -- but 17 isn't adding up either.

If it's 50% of both the number of weeks on the original Claim (20) = 10 weeks and 50% of the HUP of 7 additional weeks, that is still 13.5 but it still doesn't add up to that either. Anyhow as I had mentioned it's not my main concern right now.

After receiving that "Your Claim Cannot be Processed" Error on Sunday I first checked my Claim Balance over the Phone which was $7K+ remaining on the newest EB Extension -- I then tried to Claim Weekly over the Phone, but was prompted to File a New Claim to which I started a preliminary procedure but was eventually told "No Representatives are Available to finish your Claim or take your Call and to call back on the Next Business Day" -- This is not the first time this has happened and and has been happening every time there is a hiccup or they make me go this Route -- But I have usually been able to have this problem "Reset" by trying other things, without talking to anyone or 'angering the beaver'.

When I called another number on Monday morning and got through, I was told my Claim Balance was $0 (Zero) - I pleasantly and gently advised/shared with the Rep that this was oftentimes erroneously the case displayed when looking through their Computer Systems; but that the Phone System was still saying otherwise showing a Remaining Claim Balance of $7K NOT ON PEUC but on the newest "EB"/Extended Benefits" Extension which kicked off on week ending July 4th, 2020.

She said that she would Escalate my Weekly Claim for WEO 07/25/2020 and have them process it manually but it would take 2-3 weeks (In the past they used to be able to to do it right then and there on the call but seems they have a lot of Newbies now who are only taking Messages) -- She said that in the future for Next week I could just continue to File as Normal like before. I have doubts. She also didn't mention anything about my Claim expiring this week, although that should still not have prevented me for collecting for the WEO 07/25/20. On a rather interesting note, they had already automatically deposited the FPUC of $600 on Monday without my ever even having filed a Claim on Sunday.

Thing is my Claim Expires 07/31/20 -- So while I would still have been eligible to file for WEO 07/25/20, I don't know what to do next. My original post I took 2 days writing before it got deleted in posting was much better written and had more detail in it.

If as you are saying they did use AB1 and earnings were all the way till June 2019 which they used up, then I'm in trouble --- I got laid off in June 2019 and waited a few weeks before filing in July 2019 -- perhaps at the time I wanted those weeks to count? But January 2019-June 2019 of full-time is 24 Weeks and they only gave me 20 Weeks. This leds me to believe they used April 2018-March 2019 as the Base Year; and not the April 2019 - June 2019 Quarter leaving me with 12 weeks there perhaps?

If they used AB2 I might be out of luck there too; as I was only able to finagle 1 or 2 quick side-gigs in October of last year in 2019 and there wasn't that much money involved, in fact one of them may have even been a 1099 gig.

I don't know what to do at this point.
Don't hold your breath on that rep putting through payments. My guess was it was a rep and not an actual AGENT. AGENTS usually do manually put it through immediately and pay gets deposited in 2 business days. Very odd that you received the $600 when you didn't have a payment for EB for that week paid yet. Are you sure you really weren't a week behind in FPUC payments? Did you certify the week before after Friday. If you claimed on Saturday the week before it would have been paid the following monday, a whole nother 9 days later. At this point i'm thoroughly convinced NJ UI has no idea or clear cut procedures for any of this. I think it depends on who you get on the phone as to what answer you get.

My feeling still is that your benefit year will expire and you will need to open a new claim and if you don't do it by this week and have it back dated to sunday 7/26/20 the system will "skip" a week in payments. if you wait until 8/2 or later in next week the system will backdate it to sunday 8/2 and your next payable week will be 8/8, essentially skipping over week ending 8/1.

IDK WTH is going on with EB extensions. What does the $$$ amount come out to in weeks if you take claim balance and divide it by your original UI weekly benefit rate? I looked up that information on how EB weeks weeks were determined and the max was 50% of 26 weeks plus the 7 weeks HUP. But clearly said claimants who were under the max would receive 50% of their UI # of weeks plus the 7 weeks. A person in another group page I sat and figured hers out and after hours later I realized her original UI claim was for less than 26 weeks and her #s worked out exactly to what I described.

The base periods I explained with the dates would be the base periods used for a new claim opened in July 2020. Do you have your original monetary determination from your claim opened in July 2019 to look and see what base period they used for that claim. Regardless it will be one of the choices I listed. 1099 work won't be countable only W2 wages for regular UI claim.

did you review the guidelines for EB claim. If you open new claim and get denied, then if eligible you're supposed to be able to get the EB.

I think "quickly thinking" of the EB rules you will be okay, you said you collected 20 weeks which means you must have had 20 countable base weeks of gross earnings of $200 or more. wage requirements for EB are one of the following either 20 weeks of FT employment, or total wages that equal 40x your WBA or total wages have to be 1.5x or more than your highest quarter. Remember that this is referring to your original UI claim monetary determination and wage information. As far as one benefit week in your benefit year being during time of NJ trigger period you should meet that if NJ triggered 5/5/20 as your claim year doesn't expire until 7/26/20.

Old 08-04-2020, 09:44 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneled View Post
I am confused on the qualifications and process for the 20 week EB. I just finished the 13 week Extension. What comes next? Is it automatic or is there some criteria? I have not yet received any notification. Now have zero balance. Next certification day is this coming Monday.

Thanks
I don’t think you have to do anything. My balance was $600.00 two weeks ago, and a week later it had $13,000 in it. I think they’re just doing it automatically. The criteria is that you must have had earnings 40 times your weekly benefit rate. So if your weekly benefit rate is $600, you must’ve earned at least $24,000 to qualify.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj....outputType=amp

Old 08-06-2020, 05:35 AM

268 posts, read 218,712 times
NJ-My 13 weeks extension added on automatically. Online it showed a zero balance last week. When I called in it showed my new balance 13 weeks x my weekly rate. I claimed for the first time yesterday-a few additional questions and did receive my deposit email last night!
What a relief.
Also, when I claimed-on my confirmation my new balance was on there I know some stated it wont reflect online-but mine was completely updated-
Hope this helps with others anxiety and thanks for walking me through my weeks of anxiety on this forum as I was expecting the worst and a mess!

Old 08-06-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLW1280 View Post
NJ-My 13 weeks extension added on automatically. Online it showed a zero balance last week. When I called in it showed my new balance 13 weeks x my weekly rate. I claimed for the first time yesterday-a few additional questions and did receive my deposit email last night!
What a relief.
Also, when I claimed-on my confirmation my new balance was on there I know some stated it wont reflect online-but mine was completely updated-
Hope this helps with others anxiety and thanks for walking me through my weeks of anxiety on this forum as I was expecting the worst and a mess!
Good to hear. Yes I heard others were able to see the balance online BUT not until they claimed the first week of PEUC. the phone automated system seemed to always be the most up to date at any given time. Glad you are good to go for your 13 weeks.

Old 08-09-2020, 03:13 PM

121 posts, read 82,769 times
Can someone please explain, im a bit confused.
My UE claim expires 11/24/20.
Im on my 13-week extension and it will end within a month.

I understand that EB benefits will be automatically added, but I'm not sure as to how much or how many weeks I'm able to collect.

Can someone please explain, thanks.

Old 08-09-2020, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasons321 View Post
Can someone please explain, im a bit confused.
My UE claim expires 11/24/20.
Im on my 13-week extension and it will end within a month.

I understand that EB benefits will be automatically added, but I'm not sure as to how much or how many weeks I'm able to collect.

Can someone please explain, thanks.
EB extension is not automatic. There are eligibility criteria despite what people think. I may have copied and pasted them on this thread previously. Right now US DOL is down so I can't access the EB guidelines issued to the states to copy and paste. If you meet the EB eligibility guidelines your EB extension should be added on and I believe (not 100% sure on this that your claim benefit year will extend until 12/31/20). Does it mean it's been happening automatically w/out a hitch in NJ? nope. some people have had no problems, others have had to call repeatedly. The states are required to review claims for EB eligibility. It's good that your benefit year isn't expired yet as they will not make you file a new claim to see if you can establish a new UI benefit year. If eligible you would be entitled to the 20 weeks of EB benefits at the same rate as your UI exhausted WBA, which should be the same as your 13 week PEUC extension WBA.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:41 PM

121 posts, read 82,769 times
Thanks,

Is the EB extension an additional 7 weeks added to the 13 weeks of PEUC, making it 20 weeks in total?

Old 08-10-2020, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasons321 View Post
Thanks,

Is the EB extension an additional 7 weeks added to the 13 weeks of PEUC, making it 20 weeks in total?
no the EB extension for regular UI claimants is 20 weeks making it 26 of UI + 13 of PEUC + 20 of EB for a total of 59 weeks.

PUA claimants get 39 weeks of PUA + 7 weeks of EB for a total of 46 weeks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment