Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2020, 07:12 AM

8 posts, read 5,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by small_baby View Post
So state unemployment benefits were extended an additional 20 weeks on July 1st. It's supposed to be automatic but no one's really clear on it as people's benefits have run out and they've not been notified of any extension. I hope it's just a slow process because I could really use the extension. No sign of getting hired again.

Anyone know any more details? The NJDOL's info is kind of vague and inaccurate.

I just wanted to bump this up in hopes to hear from someone who might have a little more info on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2020, 07:14 AM

20 posts, read 12,424 times
Pleasantly surprised when I received a call back this morning at 7:45 from the same person that promised yesterday evening. She told me that last night she cancelled the claim that I was mistakenly told to put in on 6/22 by one of their reps. When I checked my claim status online I did see that this false claim was gone. She said this morning she activated and paid me for my 13 week PEUC extension and the $600 PUC. She also activated the new 20 week extension recently announced. I should be able to see this online by Monday. Since I was in a shocked state of mind I forgot to ask effective date of the 13 week PEUC. I'll update this info when I see it online. Keeping my spirits up that I finally made it through the gate.

I am in the Scenario A group: My UI benefits exhausted in June 2019 and benefit year ended November 30, 2019.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:25 AM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stef56 View Post
Pleasantly surprised when I received a call back this morning at 7:45 from the same person that promised yesterday evening. She told me that last night she cancelled the claim that I was mistakenly told to put in on 6/22 by one of their reps. When I checked my claim status online I did see that this false claim was gone. She said this morning she activated and paid me for my 13 week PEUC extension and the $600 PUC. She also activated the new 20 week extension recently announced. I should be able to see this online by Monday. Since I was in a shocked state of mind I forgot to ask effective date of the 13 week PEUC. I'll update this info when I see it online. Keeping my spirits up that I finally made it through the gate.

I am in the Scenario A group: My UI benefits exhausted in June 2019 and benefit year ended November 30, 2019.
Hey a little tip i learned. You don't have to wait to claim online during your time slots. you can claim via the phone. when claming PEUC weeks press 1 for regular unemployment benefits. You can claim two weeks at a time but it was noted you can call back continuously and do two weeks at a time. Open days are sunday wed, thurs friday and saturday. Monday and tuesday goes by social security #s.

Monday social security # that last # ends in odd #.

Tuesday social security # that last # ends in even #

Old 07-17-2020, 02:12 PM

27 posts, read 11,394 times
When they say "exhausted" all your benefits, do they mean the monetary amount or the amount of weeks that can be claimed?

I will be done claiming all 26 weeks soon but I still have money in the "account".

And if so, what would happen to the money that's remaining?

Old 07-17-2020, 07:42 PM

88 posts, read 47,416 times
Well I was on the verge of exhausting my PEUC (since I was collecting partial), I happened to go online tonight and all my claim info is gone when I log in. If I try to check claim status, it says no claim on file. Very interesting as I still had a little bit of a balance, about another week at least. I'll try calling and checking balance by phone tomorrow. I wonder if the whole 20 week extension thing is what caused my claim to get errorneously closed out

Old 07-18-2020, 10:09 AM

272 posts, read 295,783 times
Has anyone gotten a notice of exhaustion of unemployment benefits. Says soon will exhaust all ue insurance benefits. There are not other federal or state assistance available to you. Does that mean I do not qualify for the 13 week extension?

Old 07-18-2020, 11:09 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonie671 View Post
When they say "exhausted" all your benefits, do they mean the monetary amount or the amount of weeks that can be claimed?

I will be done claiming all 26 weeks soon but I still have money in the "account".

And if so, what would happen to the money that's remaining?

It was extended to 39 weeks recently and then another 20 are supposed to be added to that. I exhausted the money in my bank and was close to end of time but they more money in my bank and extended the time automatically. Still waiting for someone to answer the post about the 20 week extension, I don't know how that's going to work yet.

Old 07-18-2020, 11:10 AM

50,828 posts, read 36,538,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canear View Post
Has anyone gotten a notice of exhaustion of unemployment benefits. Says soon will exhaust all ue insurance benefits. There are not other federal or state assistance available to you. Does that mean I do not qualify for the 13 week extension?

That letter goes out to everyone, we all got it. You should be eligible.

Old 07-18-2020, 12:28 PM

272 posts, read 295,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
That letter goes out to everyone, we all got it. You should be eligible.
Thank you first time collecting in 50 years. A new experience in a most unusual situation.

Old 07-18-2020, 03:15 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,770,411 times
So to all my fellow scenario A New Jerseyeans (sp?) I finallly got a call from UI today. At first she said I would have to open a new claim. Asked if I worked since January 2019. I answered no because the last several weeks in June I figured shouldn't affect my ability to be eligible for the extension. It's not my fault I wasn't notified May 18th through 27th like everyone else was. If so I would have had my 13 weeks added on and been able to claim up til the last week before I worked. I just would have stopped claiming at that time. And I told her I don't have any earnings to establish a new UI claim in a new base period.. which I don't. A few hundred dollars a week for 3 weeks isn't getting me a new claim. I figured if I said yes i would be right back to square one. file a new claim get denied and then sitting for someone to review it for the extension which makes no sense

My question is if the 13 weeks do get added on.(which I have both expired benefit year exp 1/20 and exhausted benefits 7/19/20) when you have gone to claim the weeks did it start with the oldest week to claim first (which for me 4/4 would be the first and earliest week I would be entitled to PEUC since my benefit year is expired). Or did it start with most recent weeks to claim? I know it sounds like a mouthful.

So the first week I go to certify will the first payable week be 4/4 or will it be 6/27 (week #13)? Because if it goes newest (6/27) to oldest I already see a potential problem with claim being screwed up with some earnings and then none.. as I've seen countless times even when people tried to reassert their claim by the Saturday in the week they were claiming they had to call in (which is a joke right now) because it turned the claim off
. If it goes 4/4 through 6/27 it should go smoothly and I stop with week ending 6/6. also for people with both exhausted benefit year how did it show up in your online account or was it only available when you went to clam the weeks online? Did it have a claim file date listed on your online account?

I feel like I'm so close but I'm not figuring it's a slam dunk by any means yet.

Appreciate any feedback from those who were in my similar situation. Thanks.

Last edited by scraprsmith; 07-18-2020 at 04:28 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment