Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2021, 01:12 PM

3,259 posts, read 2,771,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSJ13 View Post
I think maybe the second one but not my original.
you should know what type of claim(s) you were on.. your current one should show under check claim status the claim type. if either started out more than 26 weeks on the claim balance then it was a PUA claim. Failure to send back the PUA income verification form will result in ineligible for benefits and overpayments back to wk ending 1/2/21. So I wouldn't mess around and send it in. LOTS of NJ PUA claims not payable and most tied to people not sending in the PUA income verification e form. No coincidence at all.. it's a requirement for all PUA claimants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 09:13 AM

140 posts, read 149,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprsmith View Post
you should know what type of claim(s) you were on.. your current one should show under check claim status the claim type. if either started out more than 26 weeks on the claim balance then it was a PUA claim. Failure to send back the PUA income verification form will result in ineligible for benefits and overpayments back to wk ending 1/2/21. So I wouldn't mess around and send it in. LOTS of NJ PUA claims not payable and most tied to people not sending in the PUA income verification e form. No coincidence at all.. it's a requirement for all PUA claimants.
I have no issue sending the form back, I just don’t want it to cause even more delays if my original claim that I should still be on is not PUA.

Old 08-11-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
I have no issue sending the form back, I just don’t want it to cause even more delays if my original claim that I should still be on is not PUA.
I would send it in so current claim doesn't turn not payable and overpayment issued and in the meantime try for an Agent to resolve the claim classification from PUA to regular UI.

and you said you think one of them was PUA.. if any of your claims were coded as PUA that's why you're receiving it.

Old 08-11-2021, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I would send it in so current claim doesn't turn not payable and overpayment issued and in the meantime try for an Agent to resolve the claim classification from PUA to regular UI.

and you said you think one of them was PUA.. if any of your claims were coded as PUA that's why you're receiving it.
I believe my current claim is PUA, but I should still be on my original non PUA claim.

Old 08-11-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
I believe my current claim is PUA, but I should still be on my original non PUA claim.
CHECK your current claim type.. it's listed in red under check claim status. Makes no sense you are a current PUA claim.. You're not eligible for PUA benfits if you're eligible for UI, PEUC or EB. If you had an older regular UI claim you should be running off of PEUC for that claim. So I'm not sure if you have your claim details right. What was the original claim date? what did you collect off of that in terms of extensions?

What's the newest claim date?

Old 08-12-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
CHECK your current claim type.. it's listed in red under check claim status. Makes no sense you are a current PUA claim.. You're not eligible for PUA benfits if you're eligible for UI, PEUC or EB. If you had an older regular UI claim you should be running off of PEUC for that claim. So I'm not sure if you have your claim details right. What was the original claim date? what did you collect off of that in terms of extensions?

What's the newest claim date?
My original claim was March of 2020. When my year ran out I opened the new claim. This was a mistake. My new claim is listed as PUA. I haven’t received any benefits as part of my new claim on March 2021.

Old 08-13-2021, 02:53 PM

102 posts, read 87,036 times
Hi Ive hit my one year mark on Aug 1st and got an email saying a review has been completed and to keep claiming weekly. However when I tried to claim today I first got the benefit year error saying after putting my social in

"The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 08-01-2021 has expired. No unemployment benefits are available to you at this time"

So I tried calling and claiming. which let me create a pin, then told me I need to talk to a rep. No rep was available.

So I tried certifying online again and now I'm getting a "certification cannot be processed" error after inputting my pin.

Anyone know how to get around this? Would I need to speak to someone ultimately? Does it still take time for them to review the yearly claim even after I got an email saying the review is completed?

On my account the money is loaded in and it says filed but next payable week is blank. Thanks.

Last edited by JayDubbs77; 08-13-2021 at 03:36 PM..

Old 08-14-2021, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayDubbs77 View Post
Hi Ive hit my one year mark on Aug 1st and got an email saying a review has been completed and to keep claiming weekly. However when I tried to claim today I first got the benefit year error saying after putting my social in

"The benefit year on your unemployment claim dated 08-01-2021 has expired. No unemployment benefits are available to you at this time"

So I tried calling and claiming. which let me create a pin, then told me I need to talk to a rep. No rep was available.

So I tried certifying online again and now I'm getting a "certification cannot be processed" error after inputting my pin.

Anyone know how to get around this? Would I need to speak to someone ultimately? Does it still take time for them to review the yearly claim even after I got an email saying the review is completed?

On my account the money is loaded in and it says filed but next payable week is blank. Thanks.
usually no next payable week date is id check needed on the claim through id.me. Did you work at all during your first benefit year.. August 2020 to August 2021? If not a new claim was incorrectly filed on your behalf as you need to work 4 weeks and earn 6x the WBR on your first claim to be eligible for a successive year claim IN ADDITION to needing to make 11K or have 20 base weeks of $220 during your new claim wage base period.

Old 08-14-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
My original claim was March of 2020. When my year ran out I opened the new claim. This was a mistake. My new claim is listed as PUA. I haven’t received any benefits as part of my new claim on March 2021.
you filed the new claim at BYE? did you work at all between March 2020 and March 2021 (date of new claim)? if not you aren't eligible for a new claim.. if new claim is coded as PUA it's likely because your new claim wage base period didn't meet the 11K or 20 base weeks needed for a new claim. If you didn't work at all then you didn't have an attachment to the labor force during your first benefit year and didn't meet the 4 weeks worked and earnings 6xWBR needed for a successive year claim. In either situation you should not be on a new PUA claim when there are weeks left of PEUC on the original claim (if indeed first claim was a regular UI claim and had PEUC weeks left on it).

Old 08-14-2021, 07:53 AM

102 posts, read 87,036 times
Quote:
usually no next payable week date is id check needed on the claim through id.me. Did you work at all during your first benefit year.. August 2020 to August 2021? If not a new claim was incorrectly filed on your behalf as you need to work 4 weeks and earn 6x the WBR on your first claim to be eligible for a successive year claim IN ADDITION to needing to make 11K or have 20 base weeks of $220 during your new claim wage base period.
Ok thx. No I didn't work and I haven't gotten any notification bout ID.me

Should I just go through the ID check myself or wait for some type of notification?

I'm also not sure if they filed a new claim I have to call them I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment