Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2009, 08:08 PM

34 posts, read 85,952 times

Advertisements

I received the letter dated November 9, 2009 o Tuesday. Today, Thursday, I received another letter dated November 9, 2009. It states an address change from the address that I have always used to the same address. I do not know what this means it states one as the previous address and the second as the present address, they are both the same.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:29 PM

348 posts, read 470,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dsnbreaker View Post
Oh..I misunderstood but better you have it. Don't think lots of us have received the monetary determination just yet.. "OH NO!!" about that bloomfield office- it would get busy but was small.. East Orange is a such a long-haul for me. Lucky to have wheels but gas on ol jeep is hardship...please, have you been and know if it's a zoo to boot.(i.e. huge/packed) ? Hope I never have to go there..thanks!! & ..
Good Luck ALL!
Yes its crazy there, bad parking, and pay the meters, lol

Old 11-12-2009, 09:30 PM

64 posts, read 168,401 times
Quote:
Hi, I'm sorry you have to wait..nerve-wracking I'm sure. You're talking about first letter and not the determination/certification one correct?? I'm in essex county also and got mine tues. I'm not telling you this to make you feel worse but just in case (and I hope I'm wrong) it doesn't come tomorrow I'd call our reg office tomorrow. This way you don't worry yourself sick all weekend .. I haven't called them in the past 2-3 weeks but prior believe me the wait is not bad at all. Unless you gave opportunity to get down there (bloomfield is my closest) I've always waited under half hour on phone--worth the peace of mine....hope this is a mute point post and your mailman has it fri! You know holidays mess up the mail «« btw my daughter mailed me something from nc almost 2 wks ago and again a card on sat both from POST OFFICES: should take 3 or 4 days nothing yet! carrier and po office say be patient & wait w holiday & all »» Good luck and
Good luck ALL!!! )
Is your daughter in N Carolina?
I heard today that my state, NC, hasnt even mailed out letters yet.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:06 PM

108 posts, read 243,329 times
ok friends, i have read thru the thread as much as i can and now i am totally confused...please someone help ease my mind...i am in NJ...i end my fed eb on 12/19...of course i dont claim for it till the following tuesday but my last official day is 12/19...will i automatically go on to the newest 20 weeks they just passed...or am i in some ozone area...i thought if you didnt complete the benefits before the year end you would continue on whatever tier or extention that is currently in effect ..so if thats the case i will be ok...but i have read so many different answers its hard to tell what my answer is........anyone that can figure this out please let me know...thanks in advance for your help

Old 11-12-2009, 10:54 PM

354 posts, read 946,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanaskye07 View Post
Nelp Update:
NELP just forwarded this to me - PLEASE READ!!!!!

Dear Friends -- the end is in sight -- the Senate passed the bill last night, the House is scheduled to do so today, and we expect the President to sign it before the work-week ends. This has been a long and grueling fight, and we couldn't have done it without all of you. So many of you who contacted your Senators and demanded action, and also, those of you who reach out to us every day with your stories and questions. You constantly remind us of all the wonderful people we are out there fighting for, and you inspire us to work harder and work better. Please know that we remain in your corner and already, are turning our efforts toward extending ALL the benefits for unemployed workers into 2010. We will constantly call on you for help, and post frequent updates so you know what is going on.

In the meantime, we are sure that all of you are wondering when you can expect to see your first check. We've spoken with some key folks in state UI offices throughout the country to get some clarity on this issue. The first payable week of benefits under the new extension is the week ending November 14, 2009. Benefits would not be legally payable until after that date. Most states have been able to make their first payments under new extension laws in the past within about 3 weeks of enactment, which would be around the first of December. However, state agencies will be struggling with large numbers of claims from workers who have been exhausting benefits each week and some delays will be inevitable.

You should also know that as long as you qualify to receive these last tiers of benefits before Dec. 26, 2009, you will be able to collect the full amount of them, even into 2010. While the entire EUC program has not yet been extended into 2010, you will be "grandfathered" into this last tier of benefits and will receive them in full, so the promise of 14-20 more weeks of benefits is not an illusory one.

The officials in all states we've contacted have the same advice and request of all of you -- they know who you are; you are in their systems, and as quickly as possible, they will be getting you letters telling you of your renewed eligibility for benefits and how and when to certify your continued unemployment and eligibility. Generally, the states are asking that you refrain from calling if you are just asking about when you will get your filing instructions and first check. This will allow them to focus their efforts on reaching out to you, reprogramming their systems, and getting your claims going, However if you have changed your address since you last filed for benefits, you should contact the state agency right away with your new address so that you receive any notices and filing instructions

To help you navigate this new level of benefits, NELP is preparing a Fact Sheet with questions and answers. We hope to have this posted very early next week. And in all likelihood, your state UI agencies will also have new fact sheets posted within days. You should check them all as well.

Again, thank you for your perserverence, your help, and your inspiration to all of us. The fight isn't over, but at least this battle is.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE TRENTON November 6, 2009 – Federal legislation signed today by President Obama will provide up to twenty additional weeks of Emergency Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits to eligible unemployed individuals in New Jersey.
The New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development (LWD) will automatically file a claim for additional weeks of federal Emergency Unemployment Compensation benefits on behalf of approximately 65,000 individuals who have previously exhausted all available state and federally funded extended benefits or who were ineligible for the Extended Benefit (EB) program due to certain separation issues. The Department is mailing a letter to all potentially eligible individuals on November 9, 2009. Individuals will receive a separate certification letter with instructions on how to continue claiming EUC benefits on the Internet at Your Page Title or by telephone. There is no need for individuals to contact the Department or report to their local One–Stop Career Center.
The first two weeks for which these additional benefits are available are the weeks ending November 14, 2009 and November 21, 2009. On November 25, 2009, eligible claimants will be able to use the automated systems on the internet or telephone to claim these first two weeks of additional EUC benefits.
New Jersey’s unemployed workers are now eligible for a combined maximum of up to 99 weeks of state or federally-funded unemployment insurance benefits. Claimants are not eligible for additional extended benefits if they are eligible to file a new unemployment claim in New Jersey or in any other state or Canada due to wages that they have earned in subsequent employment.
The Department has taken several steps to accommodate the heavy volume of unemployment insurance activity. Call Center hours have been extended to operate from 7 AM to 6 PM Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 12 PM. The Department has added extra staff to provide direct customer service to unemployment insurance claimants, through new hires and overtime hours. Because of the large volume of calls in the Call Centers, the Department encourages all claimants to use its enhanced internet application for filing or certifying for unemployment insurance benefits on the web, which is available at Your Page Title.
More information about the new EUC program is available by following the link on the Department’s Website at www.nj.gov/labor."

Hope this helps you Diane in NJ let me know if that is what you were looking for I had to dig back pretty far for it but chicka check it out YO lol

Old 11-12-2009, 10:57 PM

354 posts, read 946,524 times
This is a post from everyones favorite horse the Famous MisterEd. LOL check this out though Diane in NJ. Most recent I could find for you.

What is the actual end date, as of now, of the current EUC extensions? Is it Dec 19th or the 26th or the 31st? My last week of EUC Tier I ends on week ending Dec 19th. Will I be able to collect EUC Tier II ? Will I go right to Tier III? EB ?? I'm confused.

EDIT: I think I found the answer. It was listed in detail on the PA website. Since it is a federal program I assume it will also apply to NJ:
No new EUC accounts will be established for claimants who exhaust their regular state UC after the week ending December 19, 2009.
You are NOT eligible for Tier 2 EUC if you exhaust your Tier 1 benefits after the week ending December 26, 2009.
My last week of Tier 1 is w/e 12/19 so I think I slipped in under the bell. Whew.

Old 11-13-2009, 12:37 AM

108 posts, read 243,329 times
thats where the confusion comes in for me....my tiers are all done...i am on the federal eb that the individual states accepted or declined...that is what's ending on the 19th...so because i ran out my reg tiers i am wondering if i qualify...thats my confusion..and really dont we have till the end of the year as it stands now...

Old 11-13-2009, 02:40 AM

114 posts, read 248,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnte View Post
Is your daughter in N Carolina?
I heard today that my state, NC, hasnt even mailed out letters yet.
Yes: one daughter is in north carolina: BUT NO she's NOT ON unemployment. The point I was making was she's been mailing me things (2xs in 2 weeks and they haven't arrived; one was mailed this past sat/ one 2 weeks a po,,
** My local post office and mail carrier said that w the holiday(Veterans
Day) mail's BEHIND & to to wait it out/then contact po where it was mailed from (nc). *** point being the mail. Is behind in lots of areas.
(hopefully nc will get on board quickly),
Mf4578 thanks for info...Good luck &
Good Luck ALL!

Old 11-13-2009, 03:10 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,054,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramscout View Post
Now THAT wasn't nice.
Well now that Davenj2009 has stopped posting for now. It seems that there is another basher trying to get this board shut down.
Let's keep it on topic people...

Old 11-13-2009, 03:27 AM

114 posts, read 248,347 times
Quote:
Yes: one daughter is in north carolina: BUT NO she's NOT ON unemployment. The point I was making was she's been mailing me things (2xs in 2 weeks and they haven't arrived; one was mailed this past sat/ one 2 weeks a po,,
** My local post office and mail carrier said that w the holiday(Veterans
Day) mail's BEHIND & to to wait it out/then contact po where it was mailed from (nc). *** point being the mail. Is behind in lots of areas.
(hopefully nc will get on board quickly),
Mf4578 thanks for info...Good luck &
Good Luck ALL!
CORRECTION::
Thanks mf 4576 (my 'edits' not working)..good luck all ). !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment