Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 AM

42 posts, read 74,069 times

Advertisements

did any one get a letter i just got mine...of what the balance is

Old 11-24-2009, 10:07 AM

870 posts, read 1,406,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpassaic View Post
I'm SO confused!
Are we actually supposed to call in tomorrow, or are we supposed to wait for the 2nd letter (determination letter)? And if we do call in, to which number?

If you have exhausted your benefits we were instructed to call tomorrow. There are those that were calling ahead (yesterday and today successfully, although some had problems doing that) because between Sunday and today apparently the system was being updated. If you play it conservatively you would call in on Wednesday as long as you qualify due to having 'exhausted' your benefits. The NJDOL website gives you their instructions as to when. If you received the determination letter, which some have, they may also give you a different claim date, so you can go by that if need be.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:08 AM

1,252 posts, read 3,489,054 times
Default NJ Hold'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Man View Post
I believe it's because they were cutting it close in getting everyone entered into the system and the monies into the individual accounts (odd, even socials were one of the factors). They played it close to that Wednesday that was originally instructed rather than suggest to call on your regular day. Some that claimed on 'their' day may have gotten fortunate to have had their accounts taken care of before the Wednesday timeline. Some appeared to have the monies in their account but would not be able to call until their normal day. The Wednesday claim date instructed was DOL's timeline to get EVERYONE in I am assuming, with some being done before (the odd's done first on Monday, the even's apparently on Tuesday).
This makes a lot of sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvette92 View Post
I did mine online yesterday, I printed the confirmation page and it shows my balance, just that it "is not payable at this time". wth, total time on hold so far 29 minutes, current wait time: still 25 minutes
Where does the "not payable" message appear? Under "Special Message" in the bottom right of the printout?

Old 11-24-2009, 10:09 AM

870 posts, read 1,406,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpassaic View Post
I'm SO confused!
Are we actually supposed to call in tomorrow, or are we supposed to wait for the 2nd letter (determination letter)? And if we do call in, to which number?

It should be the same number you've always used to claim.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:13 AM

137 posts, read 268,463 times
Quote:
I did mine online yesterday, I printed the confirmation page and it shows my balance, just that it "is not payable at this time". wth, total time on hold so far 29 minutes, current wait time: still 25 minutes
UPDATE: Just got off the phone and after being asked "when did you last ever work" (uhh, march 2008), he said "ok, I'm paying your claim for the weeks ending 14 & 21. Really? I was trying to ask if what the woman told me yesterday was correct, he's like "I just told you I was paying you, but you still want to know what the problem was"? Uh, yeah! He said because it wasn't payable til today, that's another bs story. SO, I called the automated system, and I GOT PAID!! It gave me the amount and said it would be deposited on the next business day. Oh good god don't make me have to call there again! If he wasn't holding my money in his hands he woulda got slapped for being rude LOL.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:18 AM

516 posts, read 1,351,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by South Jersey Man View Post
What do you mean 'less one week that I just claimed'.. When we claim we are to receive two weeks right off the bat, correct?
Not really, when I started collecting, they gave me one week, then two weeks kicked in afterward. The same for when I started tier 1.

The last claim i made for EB was 1 week (a very small balance), my paperwork said to put down 3 job searches to send in.

I was surprised also when I got my last 2 full weeks and to call the very next week for my final claim for EB. I thought I had to wait for the full two weeks.

So that's why I figured I'd claim for the first week for this new extension.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:19 AM

137 posts, read 268,463 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
This makes a lot of sense!

Where does the "not payable" message appear? Under "Special Message" in the bottom right of the printout?
No, no special message. It was the top 2nd sentence, it showed my balance, so money was there. I just called again today and got it put through, I think it was just "flagged" for some reason, possibly because I had part time wages at the end of my EB? IDK, but it went through so don't have to deal with that anymore today.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM

33 posts, read 50,671 times
Quote:
UPDATE: Just got off the phone and after being asked "when did you last ever work" (uhh, march 2008), he said "ok, I'm paying your claim for the weeks ending 14 & 21. Really? I was trying to ask if what the woman told me yesterday was correct, he's like "I just told you I was paying you, but you still want to know what the problem was"? Uh, yeah! He said because it wasn't payable til today, that's another bs story. SO, I called the automated system, and I GOT PAID!! It gave me the amount and said it would be deposited on the next business day. Oh good god don't make me have to call there again! If he wasn't holding my money in his hands he woulda got slapped for being rude LOL.
I called just now and the recording said - "Due to high call volume we cannot take your call at this time - call back later "

Old 11-24-2009, 10:20 AM

2,111 posts, read 7,960,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzyernie View Post
I would love to know why this happens to some and others the system pays.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurus430 View Post
I've been on these threads since I started unemployment over 1 1/2 yrs ago. I learned with unemployment, you don't do anything off from the clues they provide......lol. My theory is, with no certification letter, the next best thing to claim is on the 25th per the website. I will claim tomorrow as claiming prematurely, you could wind up waiting longer to get it fixed.

Not saying I don't blame you guys for trying as we need the money.
That's my thoughts on it!!!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:22 AM

33 posts, read 50,671 times
[quote=Salvette92;11759168]UPDATE: "SO, I called the automated system, and I GOT PAID!! It gave me the amount and said it would be deposited on the next business day. "

What do you mean you called the automated system if you were on the phone with an agent and they told you they paid you ? Why would you then have to call the automated system ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment