Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2009, 10:00 PM

702 posts, read 1,571,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ80 View Post
if there is someoen out their in my shoes and has expired their full 79 weeks of unemployment and has recieved any letters or notations that they are getting a extension, hit me back so I can get a sense of relief, but this hear say is bologna, Im not going to fully believe it till i get a document showing my balance and telling me when to call it.....I also think that a few of these people that continuously blog on here, who I tried to email to get info and came up with nothing or I'm sure you will be fine, and they CLAIM to know whats going on and are just wishfully thinking, which is ok, but keep it yourself unless you have evidence
NJ80 I think Taurus or Salvette told you that most everyone here is here because they exhausted all their benefits and are hoping to get these 20 weeks that were just approved. On top of that people were posting left and right when they got the letters telling them about the new bill just signed.

Now some didn't get the letter but that doesn't mean they don't qualify.

Quote:
I read that site when they put it up Day 1, I was online the very minute the Senate passed the Unemployment BIll........and I HAVE read the past 100 pages of this blog......I recived a letter stating there is no extension passed for exhausting 79 weeks.......I have not been discharged for any misconduct........so there would be no reason I would be disqualified if there was a extension.....I find it hard to believe that some of us get a letter and some don't........is there anyone on here who has expired their 79 weeks and has recieved a letter in the mail stating their were getting a extension??
Quote:
Yeah it just makes me nervous I see people getting good letters and I get a letter from the department of labor and workforce:

Dear.............

The departments records indicate that you will soon exhaust your unemployment insurance extended benefits. Governor corzine is urging President Obama and the congress to profice addiontal weeks of extended benefits to individuals who remain unemployed after exhausting all unemployment benefits. Unfortunately, at this time, no federal or State assistance is available to you through the Unemployment Insurance.

I understand this is a an extremely difficult time for you and your family. If the federal goverment provides additional extended unemployment benefits in the future, all potential elligible indiviuals will be notified by mail.
****End of Letter

I got that on the 9th, haven't gotten anything since then
NJ80 the "you will soon exhaust benefits letter" is a standard letter that most people received if not all after exhausting all benefits.

Quote:
I emailed you prior to all this cause I saw you were a heavy blogger on this topic, hoping you had more insight.........I was wrong..........no one has answers on here.....everyone is in the same boat......its not worth getting a ulcer by constantly checking this blog.......glad I only spent a day on here.......just have to wait and see what happens, Good luck to everyone
NJ80 you serious?

You emailed me also and I told you if you exhausted all your benefits and you didn't receive the letter informing you about the new bill that was passed to go down to UI and ask if you are eligible and take it from there.

I didn't continue to reply because I simply didn't feel it was necessary.

What I replied to go along with everything on this thread is all you needed. If you wanted more info then this thread is chock full of info for anyone with the patience to sift through and read.

Quote:
In regard to my letter of their not being any extension I called the unemployment office and they told me to disregard that letter, I could be optimistic and believe them, but I don't.......I believe we all come here with pieces of the puzzle and we are trying to figure **** out, as far as Im concerned anything I hear from a unemployment operator I take with a grain of salt, I orginally came on here to see if anyone go the same letter of not having an extension I had got that I quoted word for word on a previous blog....I think no one knows, honestly I'd rather find out there wasn't one or there was one cause this whole pending thing really works you
I don't get it if you don't believe anything till you see it then why even keep asking questions? Some of your prior posts were replied to but you said at one point you was tired of hear say yet you continue posting questions.

Your all over the place.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musi View Post
taurus,
You are absolutely correct some may have there checks by now are you waiting for me to tell you whether or not if I am that somebody.......................................... ...Keep waiting, and keep writing so you can keep putting your foot in your mouth.
Quote:
Well guess what ******* I'm not jokeing and I have no problems slappin the **** of your ass.what in the hell is a naysayer.
Quote:
NJ80
You are a looser go to hell you havent even been on this forum long and by the looks of your quotes you are very weak minded. You have to answer to my quotes because honestly you don't even have any input for this thread.Ooh and by the way you better watch what you say cause they might kick you off, you see the difference between me and you is I can careless if they kick me off because I have 3 kids a home and pt, so i am very busy, but as for you I don't know I've been reading through the forum and from what I see you are on all times of the day and night, which tells me a life is something you don't have everything doesn't cost money sweetie try and get off the computer for a little while, don't you have any friends other than the ones on this thread or do you just like to argue with poeple that can't see you. That defines punk in my dictionary..............

Really? I mean really? Is any of this necessary and why?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:21 PM

348 posts, read 707,103 times
I know 1 fact. That if you ran out of unemployment, and you did not lose you job through fault of your own. You will eventually get at least 14 weeks! Now as far as if you have some strange circumstance, the way to find out how you stand is to go to the enjoyment office and talk to someone. I am not shore if we will get checks this month or early next? If it was not for this site lighting the end of the tunnel I would be in total despair. Thanks to everyone who has contributed what they have heard or read. Its more than anyone else has done to even try to help.

Old 11-21-2009, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salvette92 View Post
I think some part of our "I won't believe it til I see it" thinking is because, in the past, the 2 extensions as well as the last EB were done AUTOMATICALLY, and planned ahead of time, it was pretty seamless as far as my experience went. This has not the case now, as I'm sure we were all on pins and needles waiting for the Senate to pass this last one. The State has to reprogram it's computer systems to handle all of this, and I am suprised they posted anything on their site, they could simply have told us we would have to wait to get a determination before we can claim anything. It's frustrating as hell, but I'm glad I found this thread, even if some info given is not "factual", I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who didn't receive "the letter", or a "determination" yet, but I know there is no reason I would not qualify. I am the most impatient person and always want answers NOW, but I'm not gonna let it stress me out UNLESS I have a problem on the 25th. Let's just wait and see what happens.

The voice of reason you hit the nail on the head.

Too bad some can't seem to comprehend that.

Rep point to you just for expressing a clear thought.

Thank you

Old 11-21-2009, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 2,163 times
The system is not perfect and with the new extension that took so long to approve is causing confusion. I have received 2 letters from UI one stating I have exhausted all my UI benefits ( all 79 weeks ) and the other letter stating I maybe eligible for up to 20 weeks of extension. One letter took 15 days to get to me according to the date on the letter and the other took 12 days. I also called them last week and asked if I was eligible and was told that there is no reason why I wouldn't and that I shouldn't of called. That being said I did get the letter and I am sure everyone will receive something sooner or later just like what happened to me.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:32 AM

45 posts, read 83,778 times
I have a question..I received the same letter most of you guys received about the bill being passed and 2 claim on the 25th.I also never received a determination letter.Now whats got me worried is my mother told me she was watching the news and they said that they made a mistake on the bill that was passed and that may be whats holding every1 up.I believe she said it was something 2 do with the date on the bill are the deadline,anyway she basically told me if they dont fix it by the 31st of this month are next month she said no one will be getting there checks.Can some1 please tell me she dont know what shes talking about are she heard it wrong.Because after I got that letter 2 claim on the 25th that took a load off my shoulders,now its like a gorrilla just jumped back on my back.Please tell me she's wrong..

Old 11-22-2009, 08:31 AM

137 posts, read 268,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
Really? I mean really? Is any of this necessary and why?
no it's not, and I could think of at least 3 reasons why

Old 11-22-2009, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr North Jersey View Post
The voice of reason you hit the nail on the head.

Too bad some can't seem to comprehend that.

Rep point to you just for expressing a clear thought.

Thank you
I may call UI office today, they are open till noon, just to ask "where's my money"? As I posted previously, I've spoken to several people at UI over the last week or 2, and if I ask the same question to 3 different people, I get 3 different answers. But what the hell, they are probably wondering why I haven't called all week! btw - they keep "notes" on everytime you call. The last time I called the girl had me on hold for 10 minutes, I asked her if there was anything on my claim that would seem to be a problem for the EUC, I could hear her reading under her breath, she must of went back to every call since March 2008, she was putting me to sleep.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goravens View Post
I have a question..I received the same letter most of you guys received about the bill being passed and 2 claim on the 25th.I also never received a determination letter.Now whats got me worried is my mother told me she was watching the news and they said that they made a mistake on the bill that was passed and that may be whats holding every1 up.I believe she said it was something 2 do with the date on the bill are the deadline,anyway she basically told me if they dont fix it by the 31st of this month are next month she said no one will be getting there checks.Can some1 please tell me she dont know what shes talking about are she heard it wrong.Because after I got that letter 2 claim on the 25th that took a load off my shoulders,now its like a gorrilla just jumped back on my back.Please tell me she's wrong..
I'm not sure what your mom saw but I'm pretty sure people in Michigan got their monetary determination letter plus people in NY already claimed 1 week of tier 3 last Sunday. The glitch that has been talked about was people not being able to access the 6 weeks of tier 4. The other problem needing resolution is the extending of the entire EUC program into 2010.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:46 AM

ok, so I took one for the team and called UI. I got a very friendly (a lil too friendly for working on a sunday) person, she took my ss#, asked what I had a question about, I played the dumb card and told her I called last week, they told me to give it another week, but I still hadn't received ANY letter or determination, she said that I do qualify for the 20 week extension, and they have been a "little" delayed in getting determinations out because of the holiday (that was almost 2 weeks ago), but that I do have the 20 week extension and to call Wednesday to claim for the 2 weeks, etc. I asked her if by looking at my claim, does it show the extension, and the money. She said yes, you should have no problem but to try to call early. She sounded a little rehearsed, but compared to the "we don't know anymore than you do" answers I have received previously, I feel a little better, but it's pretty much like trying to get water from a stone. So there ya have it folks, call in on Wed, or online whichever, and hope that we don't have any problems. I did forget to ask WHEN the money will be direct deposited, she was rushing me off the phone. Off to get some work done!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment