Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 AM

2 posts, read 136,287 times

Advertisements

I called 49 times yesterday and did not get through. This morning I started calling at 7:58am and couldn't even get to the "Welcome" message they were so busy, and when I finally did get through they were busy and I couldn't get on hold. 17 times I've called already this morning. This is a terrible system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 09:58 AM

1 posts, read 96,327 times
The codes listed at the beginning of this topic no longer work. Sometimes they overhaul the way the automated menus work.

As it works right now, the fastest method of getting through to a live person is as follows:

Start calling early, 2 minutes before they open. Usually the only chance of making it through is right when they flip the on switch and the phone lines open at 8 am. Even then, it's sketchy. Wait for the "Welcome to the EDD" message. That means you broke through and are exceptionally lucky. Press 1 immediately. If you hear "Thank you for calling", hang up and redial fast.

Now you're forced to listen to a stupid automated message about the latest news on filing deadlines for Federal UI benefits that you CAN'T bypass and serves no other purpose but to waste a full minute of your time and possibly ********* out of getting through to a live person. When it finally finishes, the numbers for breezing through the menu are in the following order:

6, 7, 3. Now in order to better assist you, they want you to enter your social security number. Enter that right after 3. Then press 1 to confirm. Now they're transferring you, and if you are lucky, you won't get the horrible news of "Due to the number of callers already waiting to speak to our representatives, we are unable to assist you at this time, please try again later." If this happens, keep trying for a bit until maybe 9 or 10 am...but at that point, in my experience, it will stay like this...ALL. ****ING. DAY.

According to their website, they can only have a waiting queue of 10 minutes, and over today and yesterday (they recommend calling on Wednesday, the "least busy" day), I haven't gotten through at all despite how urgently I need my own issue resolved.

In a nutshell, they have a horribly flawed system and it ends up dragging things out for the majority of us...you'd think they'd hire more people to handle the calls given the rate of unemployment in our state.

Old 03-02-2012, 05:51 PM

1 posts, read 96,279 times
Hello, I have been trying to get through to edd for almost a month now. I can't believe an agency can be this hard to get through to a live person. I have a complex situation and nothing less then a live person will due. So if you can help me I would be forever grateful. Thank you so much. Billy.. If you want my direct email it is wbalti@YAHOO.COM

Old 03-03-2012, 01:40 PM

30 posts, read 595,972 times
This is for EDD in California...

How to get through to a live EDD rep on the Vietnamese language line...

800-547-2058
wait for message to pause, then press 6
wait for message to start, then press 7
wait for message to start ... then press 3
wait for message to start...enter SSN
wait for message to start...press 1
will hear music while waiting to speak to a rep

You will probably get through on the first or second try. Note: You must wait for the automated message to begin before pressing a number (though you do not have to listen to entire message before pressing the number...).

When you reach an individual (who will speak English), tell him/her you have been trying the English language line for X number of days and cannot get through. You have a pressing matter and would they please help? Be polite. Pretty sure they will take your call. Worked for me.

Old 03-07-2012, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 96,190 times
Default Why must we listen to the fed info over and over

My God it goes on forever.

The 1-3-0 and 1-2-whatever cheats don't work for me. Been trying for an hour. Dying here.

Old 04-02-2012, 10:26 AM

Can't get this to work today..I've tried repeatedly as I need to get through. Maybe they caught on and changed the sequencing? Does anyone know a new sequence or bypass codes? (Update: I realized that it IS working, but that instead of music and getting put through, I am getting 'due to the number of callers..." just as I get when I call the English line.) Hopefully it will work eventually, because there is no point in even trying to get through on the English language line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACK4 View Post

800-547-2058

You will probably get through on the first or second try. Note: You must wait for the automated message to begin before pressing a number (though you do not have to listen to entire message before pressing the number...).

When you reach an individual (who will speak English), tell him/her you have been trying the English language line for X number of days and cannot get through. You have a pressing matter and would they please help? Be polite. Pretty sure they will take your call. Worked for me.

Last edited by ACK4; 04-02-2012 at 11:17 AM..

Old 04-03-2012, 10:02 AM

330 posts, read 1,456,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACK4 View Post

800-547-2058

Why do you need to get to a live person when you can do just about everything you need to do online?

Old 04-03-2012, 07:33 PM

My benefit year had ended, so I need to refile. Yes, I could have done that online myself, but since I had earnings during the year, they likely would have scheduled a phone interview to ask questions about the earnings. A phone interview would have caused delays in processing my new claim, so by speaking to someone at EDD, and having them refile for me with me on the line, that gave them an opportunity to ask their questions then and there. As it turns out, they were not interested in asking any questions about my contractor earnings, but since I was not sure whether they would be, it was definitely worth the time it took to call in. I did eventually get through on the Vietnamese line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaj2 View Post
Why do you need to get to a live person when you can do just about everything you need to do online?

Old 04-05-2012, 03:25 PM

6 posts, read 139,130 times
Default Question about Web cert

has anyone had this problem?

I did my continued claim form online as usual on sunday. Got a reference number and everything went through as normal. I know it says it can take 10 business days for them to issue your money but like clock work every tuesday morning i had been getting funds until now.

The status still says submitted but the date keeps changing from day to day. not sure what the issue is or what is wrong. contacting edd is a nightmare. has anyone else had this issue this week? or in general?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM

25,579 posts, read 56,466,951 times
If you've been collecting for a year, you've reached your benefit year end and CA is doing a monetary reevaluation. Or, you might be transitioning from state benefits to a tier, or tier to Fed-Ed.

We need more info on your claim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Unemployment