Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 02:08 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times

Advertisements

Okay, this is really weird . . . maybe (or maybe not). Before I continue, I want you to know that I started visiting "conspiracy" sites about two years ago and became really alarmed -- doom coming here, doom coming there, doom coming everywhere! (As I live in the Denver area, I think it was the "DIA conspiracy" that first got me hooked, and if you know anything about that, it is easy to see why that led to one thing after another!) Finally, though, I came to my senses, and I now visit those sites only for entertainment -- and only when I am completely bored!

So, anyway, there is now a YouTube video about a possible MASSIVE earthquake to occur on the west coast of the U.S. today at about 4:00 p.m., California time, due to certain and specific planetary alignment, and the creator of the video said this also corresponds exactly to one of Nostradamus's quatrains about an earthquake occurring in May under those exact same planetary conditions. This video is titled Global Coastal Event on May 28, 2015, and it has couple of links with data to support his conclusions. Many otherYoutubers are quoting him and appear to be taking this video quite seriously.

So, okay, one more "crazy" predicting the end of the world as we know it, right? (Big yawn.)

Well, there is also a well-known story, supposedly true (but possibly fictional) about a teenage boy, Joe Brandt, who hit his head in 1937 and had a series of dreams about a big earthquake in California (as well as other earthquakes and tsunamis in other parts of the world, including a big quake in Japan, and also volcanic eruptions in South America, all occurring all about the same time, within a day or a few days of the California quake) -- and these events were to take place at some time in the future where some women wore very short skirts and some men actually wore earrings! In Joe Brandt's dream, the California earthquakes started at a few minutes before 4:00 p.m., California time, on a sunny day that seemed to be in the spring. (You can find both the transcript and also a Youtube video, if you look.)

The really crazy part?? -- well, in the Youtube video Global Coastal Event on May 28, 2015, the man who made the video says that the earthquake will hit today at about 4:00 p.m., California time, the exact time as Joe Brandt "saw" in his dream!! (And, btw, today's forecast for Los Angeles is 75 degrees and sunny.)

Well, all I can say is that if it doesn't happen, I am going to have one HUGE and very well-deserved laugh at myself for even posting this thread!

Last edited by katharsis; 05-28-2015 at 02:44 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 02:42 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,238,044 times
Wait awhile and you will have your answer.

Old 05-28-2015, 02:44 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,872,521 times
Predictions are like lottery numbers - the more different predictions made, the higher the likelihood of one "hitting."

Old 05-28-2015, 02:52 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,442,558 times
Tomorrow we will know.....

Old 05-28-2015, 02:54 PM

1,385 posts, read 1,523,861 times
IIRC somebody wrote a book (and has a website) predicting last year's Napa quake to within a day.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken S. View Post
IIRC somebody wrote a book (and has a website) predicting last year's Napa quake to within a day.
Then they obviously missed the prediction.

Old 05-28-2015, 03:35 PM

This is the book:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...bliograph0c-20

About The Book

If you think that within a day and within 10 minutes of the time constitutes "missed the prediction" then I suppose you have no use for weather forecasts either...

Old 05-28-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
...then I suppose you have no use for weather forecasts either...
LOL - weather forecasts are in percentages, which really don't mean much. For me, it's always 50% - it'll happen, or it won't happen.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:22 PM

I'm assuming that by "in the land of cotton" you're somewhere that experiences tornados from time to time. Are we to believe that you ignore all forecasts for severe weather because the weather person doesn't provide an exact number, location, and path for these tornados?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
LOL - weather forecasts are in percentages, which really don't mean much. For me, it's always 50% - it'll happen, or it won't happen.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
I'm assuming that by "in the land of cotton" you're somewhere that experiences tornados from time to time. Are we to believe that you ignore all forecasts for severe weather because the weather person doesn't provide an exact number, location, and path for these tornados?
I'm in "Tornado Alley" - we had a week where two cities (mine included) were without power from an F5. We're used to tornado sirens, so we always check the radar image to see who's in the path. We've learned to read the radar images ourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal