Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 04:11 AM

6,948 posts, read 6,874,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye
You might as well say intelligent life is currently living on the surface of our Sun; there is no proof that is possible and you like the impossible! We know the temperature extremes on Mars (at the poles about 68 F degrees to minus 103 degrees F) and, thanks to Google, we know about the Martian atmosphere: "The atmosphere of Mars is about 100 times thinner than Earth's, and it is 95 percent carbon dioxide. ... Carbon dioxide: 95.32 percent. Nitrogen: 2.7 percent. Argon: 1.6 percent." Do you know or have any links to 'intelligent life' that lives under those conditions?

Of course you could counter with the possibility that the intelligent life lives under the surface. But, if that was the case; would it not be reasonable to assume that they would have some signs of surface exploration or utilization? It is hard to believe that any intelligent civilization would not mine ore on the surface or utilize the sun light for some energy needs.
There may be intelligent life under the surface, but there is also plant life and smaller rabbit/domestic-cat sized life living there as I and others have shown in the past. Of course, you and those like you do not accept it for what it is, just as I do not accept some of the assumptions you do. I would maintain there ARE signs of life on the surface such as shelters and images of growing plants.

I dont know how you reconcile the double standards shown by NASA scientists. They often say one thing in one article and then say the opposite or another thing in another article. This means the folks who disagree with people such as myself can always point to some support for what they say from official NASA reports.

Wind on Mars is such an example if you are going to call me out on this. There is a video of 'dust devils' blowing across the dry surface of Mars and this is supposed to be proof of high winds on Mars, yet blueberries are not able to be blown or collected into piles by the very same high winds. I realise the atmosphere is thin and the wind does not have the same strength as on Earth, however, it has enough power to drive these 'dust devils' across the surface and scour the top layers off but not enough to blow tiny 5mm hematite concretions (blueberries). I have posted a thread on the Space forum on this subject. No, I feel there is something very wrong with what we are being told through the official channels, but thats just my assessment of the situation. Your assessment is obviously different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2018, 06:54 AM

5,162 posts, read 4,488,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
I dont know how you reconcile the double standards shown by NASA scientists. They often say one thing in one article and then say the opposite or another thing in another article. This means the folks who disagree with people such as myself can always point to some support for what they say from official NASA reports.
Because they have different ideas and are working different theories. None of them are supporting you though, none of them think that those NASA pictures you show and say are blueberries are blueberries.

Old 04-27-2018, 08:05 PM

7 posts, read 7,227 times
Cool How do you figure? Below is an assumption on your part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Grinder View Post
No, the proof is up to you, as you are presenting the far-fetched hypothesis.
Like the OP isn't? I guess this is just how some of you here treat new people.

It is ALSO causing me to think, as if one assumption deserves another

HOWSOMEVER it seems to me a point that comes out above is that the average circadian cycle DOESN'T MATCH EARTH either, which is perhaps why people from Orange County California all seem to be from somewhere else...

For the "BIBLISTS" out there, we have TWO specemins, count them.
1) Adam
2) Eve

Fast forward to Cain killing Able, what does he do?

HE GOES TO LIVE IN THE 'village' (?)

And these people in this 'village' come from where? The bibles I have seen and read explain nothing about that, but I imagine if you live for hundreds of years the nights get cold...

Last edited by Memphis Greywolf; 04-27-2018 at 08:35 PM.. Reason: spelling error

Old 04-28-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
How do we know this? Evidence in the rover images (assuming they really do come from the surface of Mars) suggest there was a war of sorts, so your suggestion about the asteroid or comet may not be correct.
No they do not. Please stick to facts. A person with a strong thesis has no need to lie.

Old 04-28-2018, 07:06 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,140,967 times
Quote:
There may be intelligent life under the surface, but there is also plant life and smaller rabbit/domestic-cat sized life living there as I and others have shown in the past. Of course, you and those like you do not accept it for what it is, just as I do not accept some of the assumptions you do. I would maintain there ARE signs of life on the surface such as shelters and images of growing plants.

Wind on Mars is such an example if you are going to call me out on this. There is a video of 'dust devils' blowing across the dry surface of Mars and this is supposed to be proof of high winds on Mars, yet blueberries are not able to be blown or collected into piles by the very same high winds. I realise the atmosphere is thin and the wind does not have the same strength as on Earth, however, it has enough power to drive these 'dust devils' across the surface and scour the top layers off but not enough to blow tiny 5mm hematite concretions (blueberries). I have posted a thread on the Space forum on this subject. No, I feel there is something very wrong with what we are being told through the official channels, but thats just my assessment of the situation. Your assessment is obviously different.
NASA is not the only space agency studying Mars. Many countries are studying Mars and many countries are also studying the data collected by NASA. No government agency, that has the ability to get to Mars or even scientifically study the collected information, is making claims about small animals on Mars. As far as Martians living under the surface, if it would be 'intelligent' life; they would find a way to come out - just like we explore the depths of our oceans. We would see trails or mining.

While you are talking about winds; you also ignore the fact that Mars does not have a protective magnetic field. By the way; how do you know that the winds on Mars do not blow the 'blueberries' around? On Earth scientist were stumped by up to 600 pound rocks that moved across the dried lake beds of Death Valley. Now they know how:Mystery of how rocks move across Death Valley lake bed solved. Sometimes it just takes time before we do understand; but that does not mean that we accept everything without the proper investigation. Just because you want life on Mars does not make it 'fact'. Posting a thread does not make anything 'fact'!

Old 04-28-2018, 07:15 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,034,396 times
Mars once had oceans and may have once had somewhat advanced life. No, that doesn't mean aliens or even cats or dogs, but maybe things like basic plants, simple animals, etc. But no fossil evidence of any of that has been found yet, so it is purely speculation. Still, it's certainly possible that if life existed on Mars and/or Earth at the same time, there could have been exchanges between the two worlds of very simple organisms based on meteorite impacts.

Unfortunately for any existing Martian life, the planet was not massive enough to maintain the powerful magnetic field needed to protect it from the solar winds. So, eventually its oceans and atmosphere bled off into space - a slow, horrible way for a planet to die - leaving behind the cold and nearly airless world we see today.

Water still exists on Mars, yes, though it's locked away in the ice caps or under the surface. Could very simple life still exist there? Possibly, though again, no evidence has been found yet. But there's no evidence that there ever was advanced life on Mars, nor that there's anything living there still today.

Old 04-30-2018, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
NASA is not the only space agency studying Mars. Many countries are studying Mars and many countries are also studying the data collected by NASA. No government agency, that has the ability to get to Mars or even scientifically study the collected information, is making claims about small animals on Mars. As far as Martians living under the surface, if it would be 'intelligent' life; they would find a way to come out - just like we explore the depths of our oceans. We would see trails or mining.

While you are talking about winds; you also ignore the fact that Mars does not have a protective magnetic field. By the way; how do you know that the winds on Mars do not blow the 'blueberries' around? On Earth scientist were stumped by up to 600 pound rocks that moved across the dried lake beds of Death Valley. Now they know how:Mystery of how rocks move across Death Valley lake bed solved. Sometimes it just takes time before we do understand; but that does not mean that we accept everything without the proper investigation. Just because you want life on Mars does not make it 'fact'. Posting a thread does not make anything 'fact'!
ocpaul20 frequently targets US Government agencies. I personally feel there is an agenda there.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:29 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Mars once had oceans and may have once had somewhat advanced life. No, that doesn't mean aliens or even cats or dogs, but maybe things like basic plants, simple animals, etc. But no fossil evidence of any of that has been found yet, so it is purely speculation. Still, it's certainly possible that if life existed on Mars and/or Earth at the same time, there could have been exchanges between the two worlds of very simple organisms based on meteorite impacts.

Unfortunately for any existing Martian life, the planet was not massive enough to maintain the powerful magnetic field needed to protect it from the solar winds. So, eventually its oceans and atmosphere bled off into space - a slow, horrible way for a planet to die - leaving behind the cold and nearly airless world we see today.

Water still exists on Mars, yes, though it's locked away in the ice caps or under the surface. Could very simple life still exist there? Possibly, though again, no evidence has been found yet. But there's no evidence that there ever was advanced life on Mars, nor that there's anything living there still today.
Hypothetically, even if some proof of a past advanced civilization was found on Mars...do you actually believe they would announce that to the public, or permit them to know about it?

I doubt it very much.

Old 04-30-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Hypothetically, even if some proof of a past advanced civilization was found on Mars...do you actually believe they would announce that to the public, or permit them to know about it?

I doubt it very much.
Yes, I believe "They" would let it out. I do not think "They" can hide it. There really is no hiding it.

Old 04-30-2018, 11:52 AM

6,219 posts, read 5,943,174 times
Quote:
I answered the issue of Martian winds at some length months ago in a post here, including calculations. QUoting rover scientist Jim Bell:

Quote:
If standing on Mars, a 100 mph wind would feel like someone was throwing a bag of feathers at you
(source)

Regarding dust devils - Martian dust (which is what you see blowing around) is very fine - around 30 micrometers in size. Martian spherules (aka "blueberries") are somewhere around 3 millimeters in diameter. There are 1000 micrometers in a millimeter, which means a Martian spherule is a hundred times larger than a particle of dust in a sandstorm. That's why the Martian dust devils can blow dust around but not spherules. This isn't exactly rocket science.

Fun Fact: Andy Weir, who wrote the Martian, has said that in reality the dust storm in the movie could not have blown the antenna around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal