Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2020, 03:25 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times

Advertisements

The funny thing is I just spent about 40 minutes back in 2015. I can’t find a person that fits in your description, but I thought I knew who you were talking about after I read the thread. That person appears to have been banned back in 2016 for something else completely unrelated to this.

The biggest thing is, this fight that we’re fighting right now is almost exactly the same fight that we had in 2015. In five years this fight hasn’t changed. That is crazy.

I once read somewhere that the very definition of crazy is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome. Isn’t everybody tired of this? Because I sure am.

Last edited by Tallysmom; 02-21-2020 at 03:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2020, 03:39 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Maybe time will tell. Thanks

I am well versed in doing genealogy. That is relatives wanting the info with no labor.

Any list of $5000 winners?

Last edited by Versatile; 02-21-2020 at 04:07 PM..

Old 02-21-2020, 05:03 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,145,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I see that you were a $500 winner back in 2015. Interesting
And what does that have to do with "very good BF video"? Tell us which videos out of your original collection were hoaxes? Or do you insist they were all real videos of your mythical beast? I would be happy to post my link to the TV questioning of the man that played BF in you Patterson video again.

Old 02-22-2020, 12:13 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Well, ultimately, there are LOTS of people in select states, that are seeing a large bipedal creature, that appears to be covered in hair...we all know bears can walk on 2 legs, and that very well may be the explanation for some reports, but it cannot explain them all.

Many of these states with reports, the encounter/ sighting takes place in winter, (bears would not be out in winter as a rule), and if one or two happened to be out, they would certainly not be very active.

When you think about it, bears are really the only creature that someone could mistake for a Bigfoot, there are no other creatures large enough, or that can walk on 2 legs, so that in itself is interesting.

I cannot explain the lack of evidence, no one on this board can...but the fact is, MANY people are seeing a large bipedal creature covered in hair...and in numerous encounters, bears can be ruled out, so where does that leave us? Right back at square one.

Old 02-22-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Well, ultimately, there are LOTS of people in select states, that are seeing a large bipedal creature, that appears to be covered in hair...we all know bears can walk on 2 legs, and that very well may be the explanation for some reports, but it cannot explain them all.

Many of these states with reports, the encounter/ sighting takes place in winter, (bears would not be out in winter as a rule), and if one or two happened to be out, they would certainly not be very active.

When you think about it, bears are really the only creature that someone could mistake for a Bigfoot, there are no other creatures large enough, or that can walk on 2 legs, so that in itself is interesting.

I cannot explain the lack of evidence, no one on this board can...but the fact is, MANY people are seeing a large bipedal creature covered in hair...and in numerous encounters, bears can be ruled out, so where does that leave us? Right back at square one.
Bears can easily be disturbed during their hibernating periods: https://www.animalwised.com/how-and-...nate-3229.html. They are not true hibernators like ground squirrels. If some days are warm they will even come out to forage; so it might be possible the one would see a bear in the middle of winter.

Besides bears there is one other animal that can be mistaken for BF; humans. Put a hunter in a ghillie suit and they gain weight and height. Plus they look like what many would think a Big Foot would look like. Ghillie suits make hunter look larger than they actually are. Even people in the cold wear one piece suits that make them look larger because of the insulation in the suit. At a distance it is hard to tell what we are looking at when we see one of these.

Old 02-22-2020, 08:12 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,241,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
And what does that have to do with "very good BF video"? Tell us which videos out of your original collection were hoaxes? Or do you insist they were all real videos of your mythical beast? I would be happy to post my link to the TV questioning of the man that played BF in you Patterson video again.
I consider you a TIME WASTER. = TW

Old 02-22-2020, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I consider you a TIME WASTER. = TW
A "TIME WASTER" is somebody that sidesteps the question of which one of BF in your original thread post is real and which ones are a hoax? This is what people do with passive aggressive personalities; the attack instead of answering the question. Here is what Bing has to say about passive aggressive behavior: "of or denoting a type of behavior or personality characterized by indirect resistance to the demands of others and an avoidance of direct confrontation, as in procrastinating, pouting, or misplacing important materials."

Old 02-22-2020, 11:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
Bears can easily be disturbed during their hibernating periods: https://www.animalwised.com/how-and-...nate-3229.html. They are not true hibernators like ground squirrels. If some days are warm they will even come out to forage; so it might be possible the one would see a bear in the middle of winter.

Besides bears there is one other animal that can be mistaken for BF; humans. Put a hunter in a ghillie suit and they gain weight and height. Plus they look like what many would think a Big Foot would look like. Ghillie suits make hunter look larger than they actually are. Even people in the cold wear one piece suits that make them look larger because of the insulation in the suit. At a distance it is hard to tell what we are looking at when we see one of these.
Yes, Ghille suits are definitely a candidate for being mistaken for a Bigfoot, but NOT all cases, a person in a Ghille suit does not grow to 8-10ft tall, or have arms hanging down near their knees, plus its a HUMAN BEING wearing the suit...(naturally, if they come upon another person while out in the woods, they will more than likely make themselves known), if they didnt, they could put themselves in danger of being mistaken for an animal and possibly shot.

Another thing, a guy wearing a ghille suit will also have boots or shoes on, they will NOT be barefoot.

Im not sure if you have ever visited the BFRO website, I was on there last night...Go on there and read thru some of the class A sightings, and you come back and tell me majority of those could be a bear or a guy in a ghille suit.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yes, Ghille suits are definitely a candidate for being mistaken for a Bigfoot, but NOT all cases, a person in a Ghille suit does not grow to 8-10ft tall, or have arms hanging down near their knees, plus its a HUMAN BEING wearing the suit...(naturally, if they come upon another person while out in the woods, they will more than likely make themselves known), if they didnt, they could put themselves in danger of being mistaken for an animal and possibly shot.

Another thing, a guy wearing a ghille suit will also have boots or shoes on, they will NOT be barefoot.

Im not sure if you have ever visited the BFRO website, I was on there last night...Go on there and read thru some of the class A sightings, and you come back and tell me majority of those could be a bear or a guy in a ghille suit.
Of course I have looked at them. But many do not give all of the information needed to know what they observed. Some occurred at night and some occurred when visibility might have been an issue. Rain, snow, fog can play a big roll in what we thought we saw. There are some where a passenger states what they thought they saw and the driver did not see the same thing or the other way around. People can mistake the size of what they thought they saw because they made a mistake on the distance to what they saw.

I am not claiming that ghillie suits account for all sighting. I am saying they are one piece of the puzzle. Bears walking on two legs are another piece. Just humans misidentified are another piece. Impaired visibility is another piece and I could go on.

Old 02-22-2020, 11:25 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
I think some looked fake especially due to their size next to trees and the size of the steps they took while others looked promising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal