Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2020, 04:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times

Advertisements

Matt Fraser, a famous psychic medium you may have seen on TV, talks about clients' family members who have died and the messages they communicate. I love his upbeat energy. I attended a live group reading a few years ago. Very emotional experience for all attendees. Very comforting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Fr-...d5189540b69330
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2020, 11:09 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,603,511 times
It all sounds great, but ultimately, its just his opinion on what happens, no one can know for sure, and there is no guarantee, its exactly the same for everyone either.

I will be honest, I dont even like thinking about this topic, because it scares me so much!

In that moment, when death comes...we are going to find out immediately if we were wrong, or right in our opinions and beliefs! I could not imagine how it would feel to be wrong in this situation.

My worst fear is dying and ending up 'somewhere unpleasant'...and not being able to do one thing to change it.

Old 08-08-2020, 05:00 AM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
In the thread I started the other day on Astral Projection, there was a good link to a forum which has all kinds of information from folks who claim they can get out-of-body. If you are afraid of death, then you might like to chat to those guys or read the posts on that forum to see if you believe them or not. There are a couple of free ebooks by members which are helpful for anyone wanting to give it a go for themselves.

I dont think anyone will know unless they go out-of-body and even then you may be such a skeptic that you may not be able to. So, in the end, it is all down to belief until you can experience the OOB state yourself.

Old 08-08-2020, 06:09 AM

9,576 posts, read 7,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
In that moment, when death comes...we are going to find out immediately if we were wrong, or right in our opinions and beliefs! I could not imagine how it would feel to be wrong in this situation.

My worst fear is dying and ending up 'somewhere unpleasant'...and not being able to do one thing to change it.
Aren't you making the assumption that your consciousness (or whatever you want to call it) is going to function somewhat the same as when you are alive?

The point I'm trying to get at, lets say when you die (first we all agree nobody truly knows what happens, although many may claim they do, like the guy in this YouTube video and even others that post on this subforum regularly) that "nothing" happens. Meaning, you won't feel anything, so you won't even "know" if you are wrong or right.

I know it's hard to wrap ones head around the concept that "there's nothing and you won't know" since our human brains are wired to perceive and know things or the lack of things.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Aren't you making the assumption that your consciousness (or whatever you want to call it) is going to function somewhat the same as when you are alive?

The point I'm trying to get at, lets say when you die (first we all agree nobody truly knows what happens, although many may claim they do, like the guy in this YouTube video and even others that post on this subforum regularly) that "nothing" happens. Meaning, you won't feel anything, so you won't even "know" if you are wrong or right.

I know it's hard to wrap ones head around the concept that "there's nothing and you won't know" since our human brains are wired to perceive and know things or the lack of things.
Im not exactly religious, but I still do believe there is some kind of judgement for what we have done in life...and while Ive havent killed anyone...I have done things I regret and not proud of. I feel I have learned from my mistakes though, Ive matured quite a bit in these past 10 yrs, I am NOTHING like I was in my teens and 20s.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocpaul20 View Post
In the thread I started the other day on Astral Projection, there was a good link to a forum which has all kinds of information from folks who claim they can get out-of-body. If you are afraid of death, then you might like to chat to those guys or read the posts on that forum to see if you believe them or not. There are a couple of free ebooks by members which are helpful for anyone wanting to give it a go for themselves.

I dont think anyone will know unless they go out-of-body and even then you may be such a skeptic that you may not be able to. So, in the end, it is all down to belief until you can experience the OOB state yourself.
I have tried to go OOB, but since I take Suboxone, I dont think I am able to, (at least thats what Ive been told by more than a couple people).

Plus, we dont really know if OOB is anything close to how it is when you are dead.

I lost one of my good friends a couple months ago, he had been in poor health for the past few years, it was sad to see him confined to his home and bed rest, and after his stroke, some days he didnt even remember his own name, I sometimes think about 'where' he is today, I hope he is happy wherever that is. He had an extreme fear of death as well.

Old 08-08-2020, 01:23 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I will be honest, I dont even like thinking about this topic, because it scares me so much!
You are someone who needs to watch this video as well as many more on Matt Fraser's channel. It isn't his 'opinion', it's his experiences and those of his clients. Just because you didn't experience it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen to other people. That's a rather narcissistic way of viewing the world, in my opinion.

You can get out of your body through meditation.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:35 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
The guy has a lot to say, but he and I disagree with one important issue.
He claims when we die, we go to heaven.
I do not believe that.
WE die, and we progress to a place where all spirits go once they leave the body.
It is not heaven, but a place where spirits reside so that they be judged by elder spirits as to their degree of purity, for ultimate purity is the only way spirits will ever ascend to heaven.

This "place" is where spirits live, and reflect on past lives, as well as future lives.
This is the place where spirits are involved in thought, to find reason for their being.
Their ultimate goal is to have that ultimate purity it will take to ascend to this place we call heaven, where they will be among the purist of souls, and in the company of the creator.
This "place" is the learning, and judgement center for the spirits.

Most of what Matt stated is true, but the "heaven" part bothers me, coming from someone who claims to be a medium.
He should know heaven is there for those who deserve it, and no one else.
He seems to be of the belief that when we die, we "fly" off to this "heaven", and live happily ever after.
From my knowledge, and spirit contact, that is just not the case.

I have asked my deceased partner many time regarding what it is like when we pass, and he, as well as others I have contacted in the after life all concur the same thing," heaven is there for those who are of the highest purity."

In contact, some do not use the word "heaven", but rather," the divine", "the ultimate enchantment","the final glory".
All these names mean the same thing, and I like to think of it as the "final resting place".

I am always taken back when I hear people say,when a loved one passes, "She's/He's in heaven now, because I know that journey is reached by only a select few in the spirit world, and it is not where we go, once we pass from this life.

Old 08-08-2020, 08:54 PM

6,952 posts, read 6,877,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calguy
Most of what Matt stated is true, but the "heaven" part bothers me, coming from someone who claims to be a medium.
He should know heaven is there for those who deserve it, and no one else.
He seems to be of the belief that when we die, we "fly" off to this "heaven", and live happily ever after.
From my knowledge, and spirit contact, that is just not the case.
From what I have read, 'heaven' means a different thing to different people and the folks who describe these things often describe their religious belief description of 'heaven'. That makes me think there is an infinite number of created reality 'heavens' which are experienced differently by members of different Earthly religions. So, for example, Christians might experience clouds, harps, singing, etc - the problem is, I dont think the being known as Jesus would be there as I think he might be a little higher up the ladder.

The heaven which is referred to here seems to me to be the 'merging with the Creator' which is probably a long way off in terms of the development of the spirit.

This means I dont think anyone has to deserve to enter heaven because otherwise that implies a judgement by others (however spiritual they are) which I really dont think happens. I may be totally disappointed when I get there, but I am basing this on the belief that I judge myself and EVERYONE gets to be in the place where they fit in the scheme of things.

I think it is difficult for spirits who have left this reality to be able to express conditions in Earthly terms we will understand, and words such as 'heaven' mean more to us here than it does for them there - since they live it every day. People often give the example of explaining a mobile phone to a hunter-gatherer. How would you even start? So, I think you have to take these descriptions with a lot of leeway or latitude and understand that what you call a spade they might know as a JCB bucket digger.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:23 PM

20,049 posts, read 20,861,844 times
When you dead, you dead!

Game over. No heaven, no hell, no "other plain of existence". You're just dead.
You completely cease to exist. I know that sucks for some people, but that's just how it is. But guess what? You won't care because you'll be dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal