Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 11:33 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,747,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glokta View Post
He's a spineless liar who capitulated to the EU and gave away NI.

There are not any good options.
Well, he didn't give away Northern Ireland permanently, which had been the case before.

Given that I saw Corbyn doing his thing in Parliament, I wasn't impressed. Part of the job includes schmoozing with politicians from other countries. I can't imagine that it would go well with him, based on what I saw in television coverage from Parliament.

I saw Boris in footage from the recent NATO meeting. At least he won't embarrass you at that sort of thing. There's a lot to be said for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2019, 11:49 AM

434 posts, read 248,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, he didn't give away Northern Ireland permanently, which had been the case before.

Given that I saw Corbyn doing his thing in Parliament, I wasn't impressed. Part of the job includes schmoozing with politicians from other countries. I can't imagine that it would go well with him, based on what I saw in television coverage from Parliament.

I saw Boris in footage from the recent NATO meeting. At least he won't embarrass you at that sort of thing. There's a lot to be said for that.

He has given away NI. With Mays deal it was a possibility, with his deal it's already done.

Johnson spent a fair chunk of yesterday hiding in a fridge to avoid GMB. The idea that a man like that could stand up to Putin or China is a joke.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
Jeremy Corbyn hates NATO. He hates the EU and the US. He has said he will never under any circumstances use our nuclear deterrent. So countless billions spent on the missiles, and the nuclear submarines will be pointless. We would have a deterrent, that the leader of the country says he would refuse to use.

He worries more about his allotment, where he grows vegetables, than he does about this country. The man is an empty husk, with no real core beliefs. He will bend in whatever way committees tell him to. The people behind him are the real threat. Corbyn will just do as he is told.

As a young man working out in Jamaica, after being a school failure, even after massively expensive private schooling, he discovered his mission in life. Jamaica at that time in the late 60s, was a hotbed of radicalism, and joy from the deeds of Che Guevara and Fidel Castro. Jeremy found his way forward, and came back to England radicalised. He eventually became an MP, and professional againster. Whatever other Labour MPs wanted, he was against it. Jeremy was a private joke among his colleagues. The rumour is, even his name being put forward for leadership of the Labour party, was some kind of joke.

Well, no one is laughing now. The MPs who put his name forward, didn't seem to understand the changes in Labour party leadership voting. The Labour party membership was swollen by kids and radicals paying just £3 each, to become Labour Party members, and getting a vote for the leadership. These were the people who ensured Corbyn became leader of the Labour party.

Moderate MPs were shocked, and tried to dethrone him, and failed. After a wobbly start, Jeremy found his feet, and then set about making the Labour party in his image. Radicals infiltrated local Labour parties, and removed anyone not of the faith. Standing MPs were threatened with deselection if they didn't toe the party line. The Labour party now, is a finely tuned machine, ready for office.

We must stop them in their tracks today. They need humiliating, and a sheer slaughter by the voting public. They have been promising freebies for weeks now, to entice different groups like students, promising free college education. Embattled train passengers with cheaper fares, and season tickets, which are eye wateringly expensive annually. There are gifts for everyone this Christmas. This is only until the bill drops on the mat down the line.

This is the most important election since the Second World War. An exhausted public may not even know it. I hope enough understand the danger of this man, and have voted accordingly. We shall know in a few hours. The exit poll at 10pm is usually quite accurate.
Well, we have that problem with crazy promises, too. However, over here promises don't mean much, as Congress can kill those promises.

Old 12-12-2019, 12:13 PM

Quote:
He has given away NI. With Mays deal it was a possibility, with his deal it's already done.

Johnson spent a fair chunk of yesterday hiding in a fridge to avoid GMB. The idea that a man like that could stand up to Putin or China is a joke.
Well, May's deal gave away Northern Ireland for an undetermined amount of time. Boris' deal gives it away until a system to track imports and exports can be set up.

Do you honestly think that Corbyn would stand up to Putin?

Old 12-12-2019, 01:58 PM

434 posts, read 248,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
Well, May's deal gave away Northern Ireland for an undetermined amount of time. Boris' deal gives it away until a system to track imports and exports can be set up.

Do you honestly think that Corbyn would stand up to Putin?
Nope Johnson's deal keeps NI in the single market permanently, unless Sinn Fein vote for it to be torn up and a hard border put in place between Ireland and NI. As that's never ever going to happen the EU where happy to sign up. Complete capitulation by Johnson.

Corbyn wouldn't stand up either. Both are complete turds.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Nope Johnson's deal keeps NI in the single market permanently, unless Sinn Fein vote for it to be torn up and a hard border put in place between Ireland and NI. As that's never ever going to happen the EU where happy to sign up. Complete capitulation by Johnson.

Corbyn wouldn't stand up either. Both are complete turds.
I saw and heard Corbyn being very rude to May on BBC coverage of Parliament. How do you think he'd do with other heads of state? Our news showed Boris socializing at the NATO meeting. That counts for something, unless you want your head of state to embarrass your country.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:12 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,446,589 times
The exit poll will be announced in about three quarters of an hour from now.

The news media have to be very careful what they say on voting day. It mustn't look as if they're trying to influence voters one way or the other.

The word is though, that turnout is high. Does that mean Corbyn has galvanised the kiddies to come out, and vote for him?

Or is it that the older Brexit voters have come out in their millions? Or is it a mix of both.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the exit poll. It has tended to be quite close in accuracy in recent General Elections.

Oh gawd........ come on 10pm!!!

Old 12-12-2019, 02:35 PM

26,662 posts, read 28,768,202 times
From the pictures I'm seeing there are extremely long queues and people are standing out in the street, waiting to vote. They didn't look like kiddies to me. It was said that people came out to vote before going to work. That doesn't sound like kiddies to me either.

Nearly time for me to tune into LBC radio, by the sounds of it. Hey, Alexa.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:40 PM

34,139 posts, read 83,155,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
From the pictures I'm seeing there are extremely long queues and people are standing out in the street, waiting to vote.
They didn't look like kiddies to me. It was said that people came out to vote before going to work.
That doesn't sound like kiddies to me either.
And most grumbling that the referendum re-vote wasn't also being done?

Old 12-12-2019, 03:04 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,446,589 times
The exit poll says Labour will get about 191 seats, with the Tories on 368. Even worse result for Labour, than the disaster in 1983 with Michael Foot as Labour leader.

This will consign Corbyn to political history.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom