Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 02:12 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,464,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
Anyway, congratulations UK, you have voted for more poverty, more social disintegration, a more insular country, a country that will now splinter into different parts. Well done, you got what you wanted, but I will hear no excuses and complaints about the consequences that come from such a decision down the line, Tory and leave voters have made their bed and they will lie in the filthy contaminated fleece.
You sure are a bitter person. This result for Labour has been coming for a long time. They turned their back on ordinary working folks, many in their northern heartlands. First they lost their support in Scotland, and then now, in the north of England. They could end up being a political party of no importance like the Liberal Democrats.

They just didn't get it, because their ranks have been invaded by left wing fanatics. You still don't seem to understand, and I guess you never will. They should have been able to win this election with ease. Instead, they have been politically slaughtered.

The English especially, have just had enough of the invasion of our island by foreigners, and foreign cultures that despise us. This is our land, not theirs. It's time for politicians to recognise our anger, at them giving our country away to others. You, and your ilk have been brainwashed from birth, and see nothing but wonderment all around you. Well, a majority of voters see things differently.

Now, Boris Johnson can be the politician he always wanted to be. He is victorious, in the same vein as Margaret Thatcher in 1987. He is totally in charge of the Conservative party. He must now use that power wisely, and now take us out of the EU, and stop this constant year in year out invasion of our country.

You, and others like you can now sulk, and whine in the background. We have had quite enough of left wing views, singing and lighting candles after every murderous attack on our people. We now have a strong leader, with the mandate to do as he pleases. Suck it up, and get used to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 02:24 AM

1,877 posts, read 682,747 times
It's not that foreign cultures despise you, its you that despise foreigners, there's a difference there.

Your hyperbolic rhetoric about 'invasion' is precisely the sort of knee jerk xenophobia that saddens me about how nasty large parts of the British public have become, exemplified by this vote, people putting their hatred of foreigners even above their own prosperity and that of their children.

I'm not the bitter one, those crying 'it's our land not theirs, get out Johnny foreigner!' while ignoring history are the ones who are bitterly rejecting the wider world rather than embracing it and taking the opportunities it offers.

You have your strong man leader now, I just hope he makes the trains run on time like Mussolini did.

Old 12-13-2019, 02:41 AM

Quote:
It's not that foreign cultures despise you, its you that despise foreigners, there's a difference there.

Your hyperbolic rhetoric about 'invasion' is precisely the sort of knee jerk xenophobia that saddens me about how nasty large parts of the British public have become, exemplified by this vote, people putting their hatred of foreigners even above their own prosperity and that of their children.

I'm not the bitter one, those crying 'it's our land not theirs, get out Johnny foreigner!' while ignoring history are the ones who are bitterly rejecting the wider world rather than embracing it and taking the opportunities it offers.
You, and your views have been politically wiped out. Not just wiped out, but stomped on. 'Invasion' is exactly the correct word to use. That is what has happened this last 50 years. This country is totally unrecognisable from those times. You seem to feel how wonderful it all is. Well, the voters yesterday didn't agree with you.

Corbyn, and his gang have been thrown out. Politically destroyed. Your views are not the views of the majority. Why do you think we should constantly just put up with this invasion of our land? Why do you think that is right?

Go and sit in a dark corner, and think long and hard. The English people especially are just sick and tired of what has been done to our country by politicians, and the left wing nut cases who have enjoyed shouting 'racist' at those of us unhappy at some of our towns and cities becoming majority minority. We don't want any more of it. We have few weapons in our armoury to stop us ending up a minority in our own land. One is leaving the EU, and regaining control of our borders. The second is questioning who are all these other people coming like the Somali gangs running amok in London, and the east European gangs running drugs and trafficking rings around the country. We want them arrested, jailed, and then thrown out of our country.

We want to see more dual nationality criminals thrown out. We don't want to hear any more about stupid claims of their rights to a family life. Out. Throw them out. Once we are free of EU rules we will have much more powers of this kind. We now have a Home Secretary in Priti Patel, willing to use such powers.

It's time for a change of direction. You will just have to put up with it. Try not to suck your thumb too much, and stamp your foot.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:00 AM

We are a nastier, smaller country this morning, the bigots have gotten their way. Enjoy your moment of pleasure, but we will all be the losers in the end because of this. If the people of Blackpool, Stoke, Wrexham etc are expecting a Tory government to improve their prospects then they will be bitterly disappointed. Jacob Rees-Mogg and his friends are laughing at their naivety right now.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:17 AM

Quote:
We are a nastier, smaller country this morning, the bigots have gotten their way. Enjoy your moment of pleasure, but we will all be the losers in the end because of this. If the people of Blackpool, Stoke, Wrexham etc are expecting a Tory government to improve their prospects then they will be bitterly disappointed. Jacob Rees-Mogg and his friends are laughing at their naivety right now.
Go light a candle.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:19 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,300,709 times
Quote:
I thought you were the anarcho-capitalist guy who didn't believe in government deciding who can do what? And now you are pretending to believe in national boundaries for catching fish, I'm sure those fish don't respect national borders when swimming in the North Sea don't you think?

Pure hypocrisy...

Lets come back in 5 or 10 years time and see if working class communities in Northern England are better off because they have given the middle finger to foreigners. In not holding out much hope myself.
I don't. But I can easily comment on the effects of government ravaging peoples livelihoods, due to central planning. It's one of my primary issues.

You really walked into that one. Might I suggest you quit while you're behind. Maybe relax a little, there was a magnificent sunrise this morning at my place, the world goes on.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:22 AM

2,264 posts, read 981,352 times
Quote:
Demonizing people for wresting back control of their lives from a distant bureaucracy with its own agenda is poor form.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:41 AM

If I would light a candle it would not be for myself, but for the vulnerable, the homeless, those who will be waiting in corridors in our hospitals while desperately ill, the children who suffer neglect and abuse because the services protecting them have been defunded by the votes of Brexit fanatics. These are the people who will suffer from this decision made by those British people who reject the modern world and retreat within narrow nationalist caves.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:52 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,300,709 times
Quote:
If I would light a candle it would not be for myself, but for the vulnerable, the homeless, those who will be waiting in corridors in our hospitals while desperately ill, the children who suffer neglect and abuse because the services protecting them have been defunded by the votes of Brexit fanatics. These are the people who will suffer from this decision made by those British people who reject the modern world and retreat within narrow nationalist caves.
DABDA...

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

Can you hurry up and get on to depression already?

Old 12-13-2019, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathlete View Post
Demonizing people for wresting back control of their lives from a distant bureaucracy with its own agenda is poor form.
Well let's go for an independent Isle of Wight away from the distant bureaucracy of those in London, heck, even Southampton is a vipers nest of weird alien outsiders. Do you not see how ridiculous this gets?

We gain infinitely from cooperation with neighbours rather than hostile confrontation.

This is indeed a dark day for our country, but as long as there are those who carry the torch of truth it will not be extinguished by those who seek to pit us against each other while cackling in glee as they cream off the profits of our ignorance. In time history will show who was on the side of right and who was on the side of evil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom