Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 05:40 AM

5,412 posts, read 3,627,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post

Oh, the joy of this day. We have waited over three long years for this. Theresa May is just a distant memory.
absolutely Dave, all those treacherous remain mps from leave voting areas got their comeuppance at last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2019, 05:51 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,453,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
absolutely Dave, all those treacherous remain mps from leave voting areas got their comeuppance at last.
We knew they would. It was just forcing a General Election, so we could vote them out. Folks like ex leader of the Lib Dems Jo Swinson will need a new job. I wonder if she's actually ever worked for a living?

Plenty of work available in places like 'Poundland.'....... It's a bit late for a Christmas job at the Post Office, but she could apply. You never know......

Old 12-13-2019, 06:05 AM

our "local" branch of Poundland (20 miles away) just closed about a month ago, next nearest is 25 miles, but I expect she could get a job at Lidl.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:13 AM

1,877 posts, read 681,397 times
Pounds shops will no doubt be expanding over the next few years, at least one booming sector of the economy along with food banks and pawnbrokers. Maybe the workers from Airbus and JLR and Nissan Sunderland can retrain as butlers and wet-nurses for Jacob Rees-Mogg and his friends.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
Pounds shops will no doubt be expanding over the next few years, at least one booming sector of the economy along with food banks and pawnbrokers. Maybe the workers from Airbus and JLR and Nissan Sunderland can retrain as butlers and wet-nurses for Jacob Rees-Mogg and his friends.
watch and learn, watch and learn.
nothing wrong with pound shops, I buy a lot of stuff in £ shops.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
No I'm saying my choice is my choice. Your choice is you own.

I can choose to help the needy, and not expect you to.

Seemingly you cannot choose to help the needy without forcing others to also help.
So the poor should have to beg and doff their caps to the capricious whims of the rich in order to survive rather than having basic welfare guaranteed by democratic action. Lovely.

'We the powerful will keep you from starvation, but only if you toe the line. If you question things then we can turn off the tap of our "generosity" at any point'

How dignified that is.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
watch and learn, watch and learn.
nothing wrong with pound shops, I buy a lot of stuff in £ shops.
Nothing wrong with food banks either I guess. Nothing wrong with homelessness, a bit of suffering makes folks appreciate the better times and rights they had in the past as EU citizens. Might as well bring back rationing too, that'll make people appreciate the days when they had plenty of food the ungrateful gits!

Old 12-13-2019, 06:30 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,293,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnM258 View Post
So the poor should have to beg and doff their caps to the capricious whims of the rich in order to survive rather than having basic welfare guaranteed by democratic action. Lovely.

'We the powerful will keep you from starvation, but only if you toe the line. If you question things then we can turn off the tap of our "generosity" at any point'

How dignified that is.
The poor are also free to choose what they want to do. They can be beholden to charity, or be productive.

You can't vote on the use of personal property of another person. That's what tax is, it's taking property of one person to give to another.

It's sad that you cannot relate to being in control of your own life and destiny. You can't even see the mouse cage you're trapped in.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:38 AM

Yes, let those poor disabled people choose, do my bidding or starve!

Yes, you can vote on redistributing financial resources, that's literally what we do at every election.

I can see the mouse trap you want to put people with less access to financial resources than yourself in. If they have to keep you sweet to have just the very basics of life rather than having a dignified existence as a democratic right then you can control them, they become your dependents, we return to feudalism.

Old 12-13-2019, 06:45 AM

27,420 posts, read 13,649,243 times
They were warned when they started angering people in relation to Brexit, and trying to add clauses and stop elections.

The truth is Corbyn's Labour is a marxist mess, and it's policy document was the ongest suicide note sibce Michael Fott in 1983, although at least Foot managed 209 seats rather tha 203. Labour has never win from a hard left agenda and never will.

Add to this Corbyn's past and the anti-semitic abuse, and you eveb manage to upset your own heartlands, and last night was a shick in relation to traditional Labour areas in the North and idlands rejecting Corbyn. Indeed Corbyn has the most unpopular aproval ratings of any UK leader sibce polls began.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom