Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will the UK disintegrate?
Yes 158 33.47%
No 314 66.53%
Voters: 472. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2020, 05:16 AM

5,606 posts, read 3,514,310 times

Advertisements

Any news on English Dave ?
I do hope he's ok.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2020, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roscoe Conkling View Post
Any news on English Dave ?
I do hope he's ok.

I note looking at his last posts that he was back in hospital over Christmas.
I hope everything is alright and he was able to enjoy last night.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:03 AM

1,129 posts, read 470,620 times
Quote:
I was thinking of him over the last few weeks noticing he had gone quiet and searched his posts and saw his last post saying he'd actually gone into an Hospice a few weeks ago which really threw me, he was making light of the situation in his normal fashion though.....

I hope he sticks around a while longer and if he's able, to give us all an update on his condition, he's well thought of by most of us here, his absence is definitely noticed.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post
I was thinking of him over the last few weeks noticing he had gone quiet and searched his posts and saw his last post saying he'd actually gone into an Hospice a few weeks ago which really threw me, he was making light of the situation in his normal fashion though.....

I hope he sticks around a while longer and if he's able, to give us all an update on his condition, he's well thought of by most of us here, his absence is definitely noticed.

Oh dear, I do hope he was around to see his beloved Brexit happen.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:22 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,861,580 times
A sincere congratulation to our friends over the big pond, welcome back to freedom and self rule.

And best regards to English Dave, I've enjoyed reading your post and hope to read many more.

Old 02-01-2020, 10:22 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
I think that Dave is still amongst the living.

I had found another board that he posted on where a poster was posting updates from Judy.

There's not been anything posted to the contrary, so I assume that he was able to celebrate last night.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:22 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
A shout out to English Dave today if you are reading this thread. I’ve appreciated hearing your point of view over the past 3 years. I’ve missed not hearing it today. I know this is a long-awaited very special day for you and hope you are fully enjoying it. I read your post on the 19th saying you are in hospice. My very best wishes...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I second that, to the great, honourable, English Dave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
How many times did Dave tell you that he never voted yes to Europe? How many times did he say that unrestricted immigration had resulted in sky high housing prices?

When was the 1st Earth Day, and who the heck do you think took part in it?

No matter whether is was the US, Canada, UK, Europe, or anywhere with cold winters, in the 1950s and 60s, winter meant watching sooty, black clouds of smoke from coal fires billowing out of industrial and residential smokestacks. City skylines would be black, gray, yellow, etc. from the pollution. Rivers and lakes were disgusting cesspools. Lake Erie once caught on fire. That was not the only sizable body of water that burned. A lot of people who were born in the baby booms after WWII worked on cleaning up the mess that was left to us. A lot of Boomers in many countries paid a price in job losses. Ever wonder what happened to all of the coal miners after Thatcher was done with them? I bet not. You proved what you thought of fishermen.

You're welcome to your opinions, but that should not include blaming an entire generation for things that were not their doing.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by britinspain View Post

Quote:
Oh dear, I do hope he was around to see his beloved Brexit happen.
The day finally arrived. I thought a few times it may not, especially under the poor leadership of Theresa May. But we made it in the end.

Unlike a couple of posters in this thread, I think most understand we voted to leave for the future of the young of this island of ours. We have been sold out for many decades, going back to the 60s really.

Europeans want closer union to ensure no more awful wars between them. Twice we of this country shed our blood in the 20th century in European wars. But, we have a different thinking mentality to them. We never voted to join an organisation that would ensure continual mass immigration from Europe, taking valuable housing, use of our NHS, schools for their children, and even criminal gangs. Foreign beggars on our streets, holding babies wasn't something we voted for either.

I never thought I would hear English people say they feel unsafe walking through their own town centres feeling they're being sized up by groups of young eastern european immigrants. This mass immigration could not continue, and had to end. Our so called betters just couldn't see it, and were astonished to lose the 2016 vote.

Once we regain control of our borders, and can bring in our own laws, we can remove european criminals, and send them back home. We can ensure English people get priority over much needed social housing. Foreigners who don't work - out. We have had enough of being ordered about by the EU.

Some parts of this country never recovered from Thatcher's reign. They felt ignored, and forgotten. I don't expect any miraculous change any time soon. But surely, those forgotten must feel a glimmer of hope now?

I won't be here to see how things pan out. But, with all my heart I hope the young of England have more of a chance now to get a job, and a home of their own. It never seemed much to ask when I was young. I just wish the same for them.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:40 AM

703 posts, read 446,649 times
Good to hear from you Dave. My very best wishes to you.

Old 02-01-2020, 11:49 AM

386 posts, read 169,633 times
So glad for all of you UKs getting Brexit. It'll be a big success for you.

Old 02-01-2020, 12:39 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The day finally arrived. I thought a few times it may not, especially under the poor leadership of Theresa May. But we made it in the end.

Unlike a couple of posters in this thread, I think most understand we voted to leave for the future of the young of this island of ours. We have been sold out for many decades, going back to the 60s really.

Europeans want closer union to ensure no more awful wars between them. Twice we of this country shed our blood in the 20th century in European wars. But, we have a different thinking mentality to them. We never voted to join an organisation that would ensure continual mass immigration from Europe, taking valuable housing, use of our NHS, schools for their children, and even criminal gangs. Foreign beggars on our streets, holding babies wasn't something we voted for either.

I never thought I would hear English people say they feel unsafe walking through their own town centres feeling they're being sized up by groups of young eastern european immigrants. This mass immigration could not continue, and had to end. Our so called betters just couldn't see it, and were astonished to lose the 2016 vote.

Once we regain control of our borders, and can bring in our own laws, we can remove european criminals, and send them back home. We can ensure English people get priority over much needed social housing. Foreigners who don't work - out. We have had enough of being ordered about by the EU.

Some parts of this country never recovered from Thatcher's reign. They felt ignored, and forgotten. I don't expect any miraculous change any time soon. But surely, those forgotten must feel a glimmer of hope now?

I won't be here to see how things pan out. But, with all my heart I hope the young of England have more of a chance now to get a job, and a home of their own. It never seemed much to ask when I was young. I just wish the same for them.
Good to hear from you, Dave. You have a way with words and I hope you hang in there as long as reasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom