Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 07:51 AM

39 posts, read 37,437 times

Advertisements

British people often complain about the wars, racism, US imperialism, US corporations, US influence, US anything, if so, why do the people of the UK allow themselves to ally itself with the US? Why doesn't the UK isolate it like what it is doing with North Korea or Iran? Why doesn't the the UK ban US corporations and kick out the US military? Why don't British people just keep the US out for good so that they won't be so hateful?

There are millions of solutions to your problems.

Why let the very thing or things that you hate enter your lives?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2019, 11:33 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Reese View Post
British people often complain about the wars, racism, US imperialism, US corporations, US influence, US anything, if so, why do the people of the UK allow themselves to ally itself with the US? Why doesn't the UK isolate it like what it is doing with North Korea or Iran? Why doesn't the the UK ban US corporations and kick out the US military? Why don't British people just keep the US out for good so that they won't be so hateful?

You could ask the same thing about Americans and their relationship with the Saudis.

Old 06-20-2019, 11:44 AM

9,357 posts, read 14,297,668 times
Haven't you heard? "Terrible", however defined, is the new normal.

On second thought, is it really that new?

Look, people talk with their mouths, but they season their bread with butter by the work of their hands.

And that's why we are all in this together, regardless of whether we bad-mouth each other which is more like a hobby, and it doesn't really matter.

Good Luck!

Old 06-20-2019, 11:57 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
I don't know.

Why does Russia need to create troll factories to influence US and US ally opinion by flooding American internet forums Mr....ummm..."Steve Reese"?

https://www.pri.org/stories/2018-03-...aganda-machine

Old 06-20-2019, 12:11 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,851,777 times
Here is a better question for you Ivan Reese, why does Poland remove memorials to Soviet soldiers but France and Holland do not remove American memorials? Is it okay for you to explore that or does it hurt your feelings?

Old 06-20-2019, 12:26 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,877,846 times
Comrade Reese -
Can you give your opinion about Russian intervention in Ukraine?
Can you tell us why Russian "volunteers" shot down MHI17, thus murdering some of my coworkers in 2014?

Old 06-20-2019, 04:30 PM

14,820 posts, read 12,014,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Reese View Post

As a Briton I can categorically say that we actually like the Americans, we don't dislike our Euro neighbours but we DEFINATELY feel far more affinity with other Anglo nations and that includes the US. Despite a bit of 'ribbing' the US and the other Anglo nations have always 'had our back' and I hope and like to think the favour is returned.

Does that answer your question?

Old 06-20-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
As a Briton I can categorically say that we actually like the Americans,
I'm not talking about being liked here. Who cares about being liked? Let me ask you, do you feel like you speak for the majority of you when you say that Britain wants American protection and American influence in your country?

Old 06-20-2019, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Comrade Reese -
Can you give your opinion about Russian intervention in Ukraine?
It is wrong for any country to intervene unless of course the people of that nation welcome such intervention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Can you tell us why Russian "volunteers" shot down MHI17, thus murdering some of my coworkers in 2014?
I believe it is always wrong to target civilians and those responsible must answer for it and I am sorry for your coworkers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, my question: If so many Europeans feel strangled by US dominance, why doesn't it just end the alliance and treaties it has with the US?

I feel this way because I've been spending a lot of time over at Quora and they definitely feel this way. In fact, a lot of Europeans wants the US to collapse and be replaced by Russia or China or better, by them. They believe that the US is an incompetent power and that the world would be better led by another.

Also, I've come across Americans who live live in Europe and have had to deal with such resentment. So again, I ask, wouldn't it be much healthier if the Europe severs its ties with the US and find its own path?

What's your opinion in all of this?

Old 06-20-2019, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You could ask the same thing about Americans and their relationship with the Saudis.
Okay, so I will ask, why does the US have an alliance and treaties with Saudi Arabia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom