Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2021, 06:19 AM

602 posts, read 497,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Any feckin law! ALL law, the UK can now make any bloody law it wants, human rights, working conditions, etc etc did you not read the attachment!? If we want to make a law that says all Spaniards must now bow down to a picture of the queen when entering the country we can, you name it we are free to vote on it, the UK WAS subject to the freedom of travel to all in Europe whether a con man from Poland, a rapist from Spain or a terrorist from Tunisia that was let in to Germany by Merkel on 'compassionate' grounds, not any more, now we welcome decent people based on a points system, perhaps the knife wielding Jihadists can f*ck off to Spain instead.
Don't forget that UK is no longer part of the Dublin regulation, so those refugess that arrive in UK can no longer be sent to back to whichever European country they first arrived in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 06:31 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,893,424 times
Quote:
Any feckin law! ALL law, ...
Give me 3 laws that you think were bad for the UK....and be realistic please, not bendy bananas.

For example. Do you thing that the working time directive was bad for Britain? Clean water? Clean beaches?

Old 01-13-2021, 06:35 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,086,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDentist View Post
Don't forget that UK is no longer part of the Dublin regulation, so those refugess that arrive in UK can no longer be sent to back to whichever European country they first arrived in.
Perhaps not, but at least now WE can decide what must be done with them ourselves.

Now if any foreign national seriously breaks the law:-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...portation.html

Old 01-13-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Give me 3 laws that you think were bad for the UK....and be realistic please, not bendy bananas.

For example. Do you thing that the working time directive was bad for Britain? Clean water? clean beaches?
See post 473

Old 01-13-2021, 07:02 AM

Quote:
See post 473
Post 473 has nothing to do with what I'm asking you.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Post 473 has nothing to do with what I'm asking you.
Yes it has, Priti Patel can now deport criminals that she couldn't deport previously, the fact is the UK can now create whatever damn law it wants to without being told what laws it has to implement.

Here 'knock yourself out':-
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/new/2021-01-08

If we, the British public decide that our government is not acting on the best will of the people then we, the British people can disapprove with a vote at the ballot box and un-elect the perpetrators, on the other hand you, the Spanish people will do what the unelected EU bureaucrats tell you to do, you cannot un-elect the perpetrators. The EU was set up as a trading union, suddenly they are putting laws in place without approval of the people, rules that are slowly but surely removing Democratic powers the population may have had previously. There is nothing wrong with laws on 'water quality' there IS however plenty wrong with laws being put into place without the consent of the people, like I may have mentioned before Democracy is THE most important aspect to ANY society, and we are now more Democratic in the UK than we were before BREXIT. If you, the Spanish people are happy with the way Spain is being 'manipulated' by other 'greater' European powers then fine, thats your, the Spanish peoples choice. In the UK we wanted sovereignty back, its as simple as that, its nothing 'personal', we have nothing against our Euro 'friends', its a political decision only, if you ask me some of the vitriol coming at us from our Euro 'friends' says more about them than it does the British. Obviously friendship would be nice, but if our Euro 'friends' want 'nasty' instead then so be it, I don't think its much skin off our noses and it won't make a difference to BREXIT either.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Yes it has, Priti Patel can now deport criminals that she couldn't deport previously, the fact is the UK can now create whatever damn law it wants to without being told what laws it has to implement.
What is it that you are not understanding about such a simple question? I'm not asking what can be done now. I'm asking you to give me three REALISTIC laws that the EU forced the UK to comply with that you think were bad for the UK.

I have given some that I think were good such as...

Working time Directive
Temporary Agency Workers Directive
Common Fisheries Policy
Climate and Energy Package
Renewables Directive
Cleanliness of Water
Clean Beaches
Consumer protection laws

Now....you give me 3 EU laws that the UK were forced to comply with that you thing were bad.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Not being able to eliminate feminine hygiene product taxes (because the EU law would not permit eliminating taxes on products that had VAT/Sales taxes after a certain date)
That is utter rubbish. The UK did not have to leave the EU so that that the so called "Tampon Tax" could be removed. Scotland and Wales have been supplying free sanitary products to schools and colleges since 2018......Scotland has gone even further by providing these products in Universities, leisure centres and libraries. And guess what? They didn't have to ask the EU if they could do it either...just like EU member countries didn't have to ask the EU if they could close their borders during the pandemic.

Old 01-13-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
What is it that you are not understanding about such a simple question? I'm not asking what can be done now. I'm asking you to give me three REALISTIC laws that the EU forced the UK to comply with that you think were bad for the UK.

I have given some that I think were good such as...

Working time Directive
Temporary Agency Workers Directive
Common Fisheries Policy
Climate and Energy Package
Renewables Directive
Cleanliness of Water
Clean Beaches
Consumer protection laws

Now....you give me 3 EU laws that the UK were forced to comply with that you thing were bad.

You are NOT listening are you - the fact that the EU is FORCING the UK into ANY laws, ALL LAWS including ALL of the above is what the problem is! We DON'T WANT to be forced into laws that are NOT put into place by people WE VOTE for! Is that clear enough for you now? Everything you've listed is BAD because I didn't get a say in them. I could easily say that ALL of the laws you've listed don't go far enough - how about that? Happy now? The truth is for a start that the Common Fisheries Policy practically destroyed the UK fishing fleet, the working time directive? Holds people back from working the hours they want etc etc - all pretty irrelevant when it comes to the real issue which is Democracy - Democracy is THE most important aspect in ANY society and in leaving the EU we know how far more of it in the UK. You however are getting less and less powers taken from your vote slowly but surely one re written legislation at a time.

https://www.allaboutlaw.co.uk/stage/...the%20EU%20law.

Quote:-
EU law, or European Union law, is a system of law that is specific to the 28 members of the European Union. This system overrules the national law of each member country if there is a conflict between the national law and the EU law.

THERE is the problem with ALL EU laws!

Old 01-13-2021, 08:21 AM

Quote:
You are NOT listening are you - the fact that the EU is FORCING the UK into ANY laws, ALL LAWS including ALL of the above is what the problem is! We DON'T WANT to be forced into laws that are NOT put into place by people WE VOTE for!
So clearly you can't even give ONE EU implemented law that could realistically be said to be have been bad for the UK.Thought not.

Quote:
Is that clear enough for you now? Everything you've listed is BAD because I didn't get a say in them.
But you did. AS a member of the EU, the UK had a say in the laws.

Quote:
I could easily say that ALL of the laws you've listed don't go far enough - how about that? Happy now? The truth is for a start that the Common Fisheries Policy practically destroyed the UK fishing fleet,
LOL! And you think it's going to be good now. Most fishermen seem to be disagreeing with you.

Quote:
the working time directive? Holds people back from working the hours they want etc etc -
No doubt you'd still have kids down the mines and cleaning chimneys.

all pretty irrelevant when it comes to the real issue which is Democracy - Democracy is THE most important aspect in ANY society and in leaving the EU we know how far more of it in the UK.

Quote:
You however are getting less and less powers taken from your vote slowly but surely one re written legislation at a time.
We want to be a member of the club. You are going to find what it's like to be out in the cold when the EU implements the 'Covid Recovery Fund'.

Oh btw. If the UK want to trade with the EU, it's is STILL going to have to comply with all the trading laws that it had before or the 'deal' will be ripped up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom