Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2021, 05:10 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,282,225 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
It's all going very well isn't it!

"EU customers are cancelling orders from the UK because of a mass of red tape, UK manufacturers have said, as anger builds over a lack of government Brexit support and antiquated customs systems.

While problems have been most acute for perishable goods like meat and seafood, manufacturers are now also reporting cancelled orders and some haulage firms are refusing to move goods.

Close to 30 per cent of small British firms have stopped shipping goods to the EU amid widespread confusion about customs forms and extra costs, according to accountants UHY Hacker Young."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...neTci1amVADnv0
We're 3 weeks in to an environment we've not existed in for 47 years, and you're surprised there's some problems?

Companies have had what 4 years to come to terms with how to export internationally, thats not a government issue.

Pleased I don't work with you or for you, I've worked on projects that took years to get right, and we knew what we were getting into, because we defined those projects.

Old 01-21-2021, 06:27 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,871,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Yep it's going fine thanks, unlike Spain we don't have FORTY ONE PERCENT :-O youth unemployment (that's shameful),
You aren't getting it fella. This is not a contest between Spain and Britain. IT'S ABOUT BREXIT. I've explained the youth unemployment to you but of course, like your ignorance regarding Schengen, you not only don't understand but you don't even try to understand.

BREXIT please not Spain
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
We're 3 weeks in to an environment we've not existed in for 47 years, and you're surprised there's some problems?

Companies have had what 4 years to come to terms with how to export internationally, thats not a government issue.

Pleased I don't work with you or for you, I've worked on projects that took years to get right, and we knew what we were getting into, because we defined those projects.
Sure! Just 'teething' problems!

It was always going to be a complete car crash, we warned the politicians about this, it can't be described as teething problems.
Peter Summerton, McCulla Ireland

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2021-01...L9KvUOkLlLqnFc

Old 01-21-2021, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Sure! Just 'teething' problems!

It was always going to be a complete car crash, we warned the politicians about this, it can't be described as teething problems.
Peter Summerton, McCulla Ireland

https://www.itv.com/news/utv/2021-01...L9KvUOkLlLqnFc
You can call it what you want, but, its a bit early to start whining about it.

Old 01-21-2021, 05:03 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,045,288 times
Quote:
You aren't getting it fella. This is not a contest between Spain and Britain. IT'S ABOUT BREXIT. I've explained the youth unemployment to you but of course, like your ignorance regarding Schengen, you not only don't understand but you don't even try to understand.

BREXIT please not Spain
Oh I'm sorry, your obsession with our decision to leave the EU led me to believe it was some kind of 'contest'!? After all like I've pointed out previously I wish nothing but good will, health, wealth and happiness to our European 'friends' whereas you are constantly wishing the exact opposite on the British (well probably only the English really because that seems to be the way people that know no better are programmed to think). I see the French are blockading ports again lol. Didn't think that would take too long! Apparently our Euro 'friends' don't like the fact that the UK want's to put some 'tax breaks' in place in the city.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...log-ports.html

In other words they're STILL trying to bully the UK lol. THREE times in the last couple of centuries the UK has come to the rescue of our 'friends' on the continent and ultimately this is how we're treated in return. No doubt at some point when the EU goes ****-up we will be expected to come to the aid of our European 'friends' once again, no doubt like before thats exactly what we will at least 'try' to do, and no doubt afterwards our European 'friends' will once again collectively look down their noses at us - just seems to be the way it is doesn't it!

Old 01-22-2021, 03:07 AM

Quote:
You can call it what you want, but, its a bit early to start whining about it.
It's not me doing the calling. It's the people who are losing their livelihood.

Old 01-22-2021, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Oh I'm sorry, your obsession with our decision to leave the EU led me to believe it was some kind of 'contest'!?
Then you 'believed' wrong.

Quote:
After all like I've pointed out previously I wish nothing but good will, health, wealth and happiness to our European 'friends' whereas you are constantly wishing the exact opposite on the British (well probably only the English really because that seems to be the way people that know no better are programmed to think).
How about that! Wrong twice in a row. AS I have already stated, I have friends and family still ther and I don't want to see their lives and businesses going down the pan.

Quote:
I see the French are blockading ports again lol. Didn't think that would take too long! Apparently our Euro 'friends' don't like the fact that the UK want's to put some 'tax breaks' in place in the city.
Look on the bright side. At least you can blame the French for the disaster that Brexit is going to be rather than blaming Brexit itself.

When will that 350 million a week be going to the NHS btw?

Quote:
In other words they're STILL trying to bully the UK lol. THREE times in the last couple of centuries the UK has come to the rescue of our 'friends' on the continent and ultimately this is how we're treated in return.
Oh please! Give it a rest with the 'We saved your arse in the war'. You sound like an American.

Quote:
No doubt at some point when the EU goes ****-up we will be expected to come to the aid of our European 'friends' once again, no doubt like before thats exactly what we will at least 'try' to do, and no doubt afterwards our European 'friends' will once again collectively look down their noses at us - just seems to be the way it is doesn't it!
There it is! The delusion of thinking that Britain is still important in the world! It isn't.

The penny is beginning to drop...
https://nation.cymru/news/wales-woul...VgxvXGRrkHsr5w

Old 01-22-2021, 03:46 AM

Quote:
But what happened to the... 'oven-ready' deal? What happened to... 'the easiest deal in history'? What happened to... 'The day we leave, WE hold all the cards'.

and what happened to the £350 million for the NHS. It was all lies ... and you fell for it.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:02 AM

Quote:
But what happened to the... 'oven-ready' deal? What happened to... 'the easiest deal in history'? What happened to... 'The day we leave, WE hold all the cards'.

and what happened to the £350 million for the NHS. It was all lies ... and you fell for it.
Nice straw man, I don't think anyone thought the "oven ready deal" had any credibility. Even if they did, you can totally screw up an oven ready chicken, a deal would be no different.

Old 01-22-2021, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Nice straw man, I don't think anyone thought the "oven ready deal" had any credibility. Even if they did, you can totally screw up an oven ready chicken, a deal would be no different.
The point is, it was all lies...the oven ready deal, holding all the cards, easiest deal in history, £350 million for the NHS and countries queueing up to do deals with the UK. Lies, all lies! And people are now beginning to see it.

Scottish fishing industry on it's knees; hauliers deciding not to export/import any more; small businesses going down the drain due to VAT and taxes. On a personal level, I get my vitamin pills from the UK but now the cost has increased by some €30 due to import duties to Spain. So that's my custom gone from that UK company. I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over my £100 per year worth of business but I'm not alone. A TV remote control that I was looking at from the UK cost £23, with P+P and import taxes to Spain, the price went up to £59. Ridiculous! Sale lost!

And then there is this....

Freight traffic between Britain and the EU is down almost a third following the end of the Brexit transition, with new red tape and soaring transport costs prompting some small firms to suspend exports to the continent.
https://news.sky.com/story/freight-t...ZfEAotlWgJlFQs

Enjoy those sunlit uplands fella!

Last edited by Rafius; 01-22-2021 at 04:38 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom