Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2023, 02:44 PM

16,697 posts, read 17,468,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Austen View Post
It wasn't a big enough majority vote for Brexit plain and simple.

More than half the UK population now regret Brexit. If you think that's an acceptable state of affairs for the country then good luck. Personally I think it's a screwed up situation which is going to have repercussions in the years to come

I happen to be a dual citizen by the way and until you've paid anywhere near the taxes I paid into the British Internal Revenue in my lifetime plus serving in the British Army I dont need you tell me what I can post or where I can post on this forum

Spot on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2023, 01:35 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,618,206 times
Quote:
It wasn't a big enough majority vote for Brexit plain and simple.

More than half the UK population now regret Brexit. If you think that's an acceptable state of affairs for the country then good luck. Personally I think it's a screwed up situation which is going to have repercussions in the years to come

I happen to be a dual citizen by the way and until you've paid anywhere near the taxes I paid into the British Internal Revenue in my lifetime plus serving in the British Army I dont need you tell me what I can post or where I can post on this forum
a 4% majority vote is a clear enough decision, both major political parties have said they will not try to rejoin the EU, that is final enough for me and should be for everyone else.
FYI I paid taxes all my working life so dont try to tell me how I should think.

Old 01-31-2023, 09:27 AM

5,238 posts, read 4,074,130 times
Happy Branniversary everyone!

Old 02-01-2023, 06:47 PM

6,055 posts, read 5,983,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
a 4% majority vote is a clear enough decision, both major political parties have said they will not try to rejoin the EU, that is final enough for me and should be for everyone else.
FYI I paid taxes all my working life so dont try to tell me how I should think.
Well it looks like the majority now want if not rejoin, at least some reconnection with EU on some existing models.

When people were fed a pack of lies by self-serving politicians with nothing turning out as assured, only natural to rebel against those falsehoods.

Not a single benefit has surfaced from leaving EU. Plenty of negatives though for small business for example.

Perhaps you have already been manipulated in how to think without being even aware of it?.

Old 02-02-2023, 03:06 AM

5,406 posts, read 3,618,206 times
we would have been better off if we havent had to work with Treason May's Brexit deal, and if Remainers hadnt tried to change the result at every opportunity/
Rejoining isnt on the cards, we wouldnt get the same deal and would be worse off, we would have to have the Euro, even the most ardent Remainer can see it just wouldnt work, even that arch Remainer Gina Miller has said it wont happen.

Old 02-02-2023, 05:46 AM

16,697 posts, read 17,468,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
we would have been better off if we havent had to work with Treason May's Brexit deal, and if Remainers hadnt tried to change the result at every opportunity/
Rejoining isnt on the cards, we wouldnt get the same deal and would be worse off, we would have to have the Euro, even the most ardent Remainer can see it just wouldnt work, even that arch Remainer Gina Miller has said it wont happen.
I don't think the UK did ratify May's deal, and went with the 'oven ready' Johnson one.

I agree with you that rejoining the EU, which I do not want to see, would be harder, which makes it all the worse as the UK had a favourable deal before it committed economic self harm by leaving.

Old 02-02-2023, 10:59 AM

2,363 posts, read 867,448 times
Maybe Nigel Farage has all the answers He he Haw haw

Old 02-02-2023, 11:25 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,062,332 times
Quote:
Maybe Nigel Farage has all the answers He he Haw haw
Nigel Farage needs to be awarded a knighthood for the work he has done in the name of freedom

Old 02-02-2023, 12:13 PM

2,363 posts, read 867,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Nigel Farage needs to be awarded a knighthood for the work he has done in the name of freedom
He's typical of the far right ultra nationalist loudmouths, all wind and p**s. My parakeet knows more about economics than he does.

Dont worry about Nigel though. I'm sure he's doing alright for himself. No COL worries for him

Old 02-02-2023, 01:38 PM

14,822 posts, read 12,062,332 times
Quote:
He's typical of the far right ultra nationalist loudmouths, all wind and p**s. My parakeet knows more about economics than he does.

Dont worry about Nigel though. I'm sure he's doing alright for himself. No COL worries for him
Funnily enough I've just been watching his show on the TV, talks a LOT of sense that man. By the way he is NOT far right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom