Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2021, 04:46 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,080,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then you 'believed' wrong.

How about that! Wrong twice in a row. AS I have already stated, I have friends and family still ther and I don't want to see their lives and businesses going down the pan.

Look on the bright side. At least you can blame the French for the disaster that Brexit is going to be rather than blaming Brexit itself.

When will that 350 million a week be going to the NHS btw?

Oh please! Give it a rest with the 'We saved your arse in the war'. You sound like an American.

There it is! The delusion of thinking that Britain is still important in the world! It isn't.

The penny is beginning to drop...
https://nation.cymru/news/wales-woul...VgxvXGRrkHsr5w
Oh you're still here then! You like to think that Britain is irrelevant but no doubt you'll come running to us begging for help when ze Germans finish their European takeover, no doubt we'll have to free Europe from tyranny for the FIFTH time! I think what you should really be saying to Britain is 'thank you' - thank you for saving us from Napoleon, thank you for saving us from the Kaiser, thank you for saving us from Hitler, thank you for saving us from Stalin and soon to be, thank you for saving us from the EU.

:-D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2021, 07:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,890,218 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=de...eHaY--5sXDDvqs

Old 01-22-2021, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Oh you're still here then! You like to think that Britain is irrelevant but no doubt you'll come running to us begging for help when ze Germans finish their European takeover, no doubt we'll have to free Europe from tyranny for the FIFTH time! I think what you should really be saying to Britain is 'thank you' - thank you for saving us from Napoleon, thank you for saving us from the Kaiser, thank you for saving us from Hitler, thank you for saving us from Stalin and soon to be, thank you for saving us from the EU.

:-D
Oh dear. How deluded can one person get. Rule Britannia!

Old 01-22-2021, 07:21 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,080,106 times
Quote:
Oh dear. How deluded can one person get. Rule Britannia!
Rule Britannia? Is that a 'thank you'? If it is then 'you're welcome'.

By the way I see that Hungary has bought the Russian vaccine WITHOUT getting permission from its 'EU' masters! :-O. Time to start 'punishing them' methinks no?

Meanwhile Nissan will be moving their Nissan battery plant to Sunderland where they will be manufacturing the electric cars, looks like the sensible thing would be to forget dealing with Europe completely and concentrate on dealing with our friends in the far East.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:19 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,291,099 times
Quote:
The point is, it was all lies...the oven ready deal, holding all the cards, easiest deal in history, £350 million for the NHS and countries queueing up to do deals with the UK. Lies, all lies! And people are now beginning to see it.

Scottish fishing industry on it's knees; hauliers deciding not to export/import any more; small businesses going down the drain due to VAT and taxes. On a personal level, I get my vitamin pills from the UK but now the cost has increased by some €30 due to import duties to Spain. So that's my custom gone from that UK company. I'm sure they won't lose any sleep over my £100 per year worth of business but I'm not alone. A TV remote control that I was looking at from the UK cost £23, with P+P and import taxes to Spain, the price went up to £59. Ridiculous! Sale lost!

And then there is this....

Freight traffic between Britain and the EU is down almost a third following the end of the Brexit transition, with new red tape and soaring transport costs prompting some small firms to suspend exports to the continent.
https://news.sky.com/story/freight-t...ZfEAotlWgJlFQs

Enjoy those sunlit uplands fella!

I think you might need to calm down and stick to topic. Maybe present a new argument than the sky is falling, because... stuff ain't working out over 3 weeks. Get a grip.

If the UK is so irrelevant, then why is there so much negative press in Europe? Maximilien Robespierre (who published your video) is French, so why the interest in posting UK politics when he lives in Montreuil? Hardly the work of someone thinking their subject material is irrelevant. The intensity of reaction determines relevance, and clearly the UK is very relevant to both your YouTuber and Emmanuel Macron who devastated his political capital during trade negotiations both the the EU Parliament and the French Government, hell even Stoically German Merkel ***** Slapped Barnier. Not the actions of a group who think the UK is irrelevant, those thinking of irrelevance would have no actions at all.

Most of the fire though comes from right here in the UK, from political opponents of the incumbent government who clearly have no ulterior motives for inflaming the situation. Why would they...? Oh wait...

Old 01-22-2021, 10:29 AM

47,036 posts, read 26,117,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
We're 3 weeks in to an environment we've not existed in for 47 years, and you're surprised there's some problems?
I'm not. I was one of millions who predicted - ehm - "issues". Of course, that was brushed off as "Project Fear".

Quote:
Companies have had what 4 years to come to terms with how to export internationally, thats not a government issue.
They had no idea what the terms were going to be. When did the UK companies learn of the shiny new internal border in the Irish Sea?

The fisheries minister had no idea of what was in the deal and then postponed reading it because whe was busy with, y'know, Christmas stuff...

Quote:
Asked if her jaw had dropped when she saw the deal with the EU on Christmas Eve, Prentis told the Lords EU environment subcommittee: “No, the agreement came when we were all very busy on Christmas Eve, in my case organising the local nativity trail."
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...ty/ar-BB1cJj7J

Lord Buckethead's analysis was 100% on the money.

But hey. Scottish fishermen are now landing their catch in Denmark, for it to reach European markets before it rots. So - go Brexit, the Danish fish industry is making bank.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:03 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,291,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I
They had no idea what the terms were going to be. When did the UK companies learn of the shiny new internal border in the Irish Sea?
Really? You're really making that argument?

The UK exports $72B in goods and services to the US, without a trade deal, or being part of a single market. Theres $30B exports to China, $15B to Switzerland (not in the single market), $11B to Hong Kong, etc. So how do those companies do it? I mean there's no terms there, they just follow typical import/export rules, and that's the most difficult scenario, any other deal has to be easier, or its a waste of time, and anyone can default to WTO rules of I/E even IF there's an agreement.

Quote:
I
But hey. Scottish fishermen are now landing their catch in Denmark, for it to reach European markets before it rots. So - go Brexit, the Danish fish industry is making bank.
Are they? Or is Scotland fish industry? Sure Scottish processors are being cut out, but not their entire fish industry. Thats actually an interesting scenario, its likely violating EU import law, or, UK fishing rights. Either the fish are being exported from Scotland (as they're caught by UK flagged vessels), or, the Danish are landing fish caught in UK waters. I'm thinking that option is going to get closed really fast.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I think you might need to calm down and stick to topic.
Try telling that to the member that keep bringing the subject of the thread 'BREXIT' around to the Spanish economy. All my posts are Brexit related.

Old 01-23-2021, 01:33 AM

Well done Brexit.

British businesses will spend £7.5 billion a year handling customs declarations — as much as they would have done under a no-deal Brexit — the tax office admitted yesterday.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a...QPtOZ3sAIEWhCQ

Old 01-23-2021, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not. I was one of millions who predicted - ehm - "issues". Of course, that was brushed off as "Project Fear".
Ah yes! 'Project fear'. I remember it well. It's rapidly turning into the 'Project Reality' that all who listened to the experts in finance and industry knew it would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > United Kingdom